Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Puthcher College Round Ball Stuff here

jmar

Re: Puthcher College Round Ball Stuff here
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2016, 02:13:53 PM »
We have no compass without a point guard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2016, 04:28:20 PM »
You bunch of fair weather fans get out of the way while we curb stomp the wildcats!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2016, 05:14:20 PM »
You bunch of fair weather fans get out of the way while we curb stomp the wildcats!
If we curb stomp anybody it's church league competition w/o a clue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2016, 06:18:09 PM »
That was a very passionate affair by our Tigers today!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2016, 07:03:02 PM »
If Pearl had them running an actual offense, we'd have beaten them by 20.

Damn you, Bruce!!! 

www.pearlmustgo.org
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 07:04:39 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2016, 07:20:20 PM »
Where in the hell did that come from? Accodring to the Birmingham sportscasters last night, we were dead in the water.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2016, 07:39:39 PM »
This team is bipolar
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2016, 10:33:59 PM »
Hopefully whichever personality that came to the surface this afternoon hangs around through Tuesday night.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2016, 11:10:44 PM »
I don't want to get too high or too low here.  Make no mistake, this was a great win.  Anytime you can beat a John Calipari coached UK team it's a big freakin' deal.  Kudos to Pearl and a gutsy bunch that pulled off a big time upset.

Question. When are all these injured players going to get their asses back on the floor?  Shim Sham Squaheen needs to suck it the fuck up and start contributing again. Old Williams?  What's the problem?  Somebody freakin' grade Purify's damn ACT test and let's get him out there.  T.J. Noneans?  Are you loving the bench?  Football, I get.  Basketball and having this many guys out?  Put on your big girl panties you bunch of petunias.  Let's feed off this win and stop being a joke.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #189 on: January 17, 2016, 10:13:59 AM »
I don't want to get too high or too low here.  Make no mistake, this was a great win.  Anytime you can beat a John Calipari coached UK team it's a big freakin' deal.  Kudos to Pearl and a gutsy bunch that pulled off a big time upset.

Question. When are all these injured players going to get their asses back on the floor?  Shim Sham Squaheen needs to suck it the fuck up and start contributing again. Old Williams?  What's the problem?  Somebody freakin' grade Purify's damn ACT test and let's get him out there.  T.J. Noneans?  Are you loving the bench?  Football, I get.  Basketball and having this many guys out?  Put on your big girl panties you bunch of petunias.  Let's feed off this win and stop being a joke.
My shoulder has been giving me problems lately.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #190 on: January 17, 2016, 01:08:33 PM »

** Auburn guard Tahj Shamsid-Deen is out for the year with a shoulder injury. He has loose shoulders. How well Dr. Andrews is able to tighten shoulder up will determine if he can play again.

** TJ Dunans required a scope to clean up knee injury. Had a lot of bleeding. MCL and ACL are solid but did a lot of damage to tissue and artery. Progressing with rehab but return date is pushed back to later in the season and may not be able to return.

"Purify" decided to retake the ACT.  Don't know if was the ACT folks or Auburn Compliance.  Heard through the grapevine that it was our Compliance office.  He will probably red shirt. 

Have no clue why Williams hasn't made the impact he was thought to have made. 

Not as easy as getting off their asses and sucking it up.  We are going to strugle this year. 

« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 01:13:07 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #191 on: January 17, 2016, 04:25:29 PM »

** Auburn guard Tahj Shamsid-Deen is out for the year with a shoulder injury. He has loose shoulders. How well Dr. Andrews is able to tighten shoulder up will determine if he can play again.

** TJ Dunans required a scope to clean up knee injury. Had a lot of bleeding. MCL and ACL are solid but did a lot of damage to tissue and artery. Progressing with rehab but return date is pushed back to later in the season and may not be able to return.

"Purify" decided to retake the ACT.  Don't know if was the ACT folks or Auburn Compliance.  Heard through the grapevine that it was our Compliance office.  He will probably red shirt. 

Have no clue why Williams hasn't made the impact he was thought to have made. 

Not as easy as getting off their asses and sucking it up.  We are going to strugle this year.

Pfffft....lame excuses.  Suck it up so we'll stop strugln'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #192 on: January 18, 2016, 02:31:40 PM »
When I first saw Canty go down and drop the F bomb on live TV, I thought he was just showboating, as he seems to do sometimes. Then I saw his ankle in the replay. Ouchey!

Got to hand it to him for not only hitting (I blv) one of his free throws but gutting it out till the end.

He pisses me off throwing up some of his shots but if he can stay in control, he's a damn good baller.

Regarding the injury complaints, can we not just enjoy one of the biggest AU basketball wins in like 10 years? Please? Can we just get along?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #193 on: January 18, 2016, 02:43:04 PM »
When I first saw Canty go down and drop the F bomb on live TV, I thought he was just showboating, as he seems to do sometimes. Then I saw his ankle in the replay. Ouchey!

Got to hand it to him for not only hitting (I blv) one of his free throws but gutting it out till the end.

He pisses me off throwing up some of his shots but if he can stay in control, he's a damn good baller.

Regarding the injury complaints, can we not just enjoy one of the biggest AU basketball wins in like 10 years? Please? Can we just get along?

Bugger off!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #194 on: January 18, 2016, 03:35:56 PM »
A quick look at the standings a little more than half way through, has a lot of the usual suspects at the top.  North Carolina, Kansas, Villanova etc. Oklahomo is sitting atop both the AP and Corch's Poll. Texas A&M has quietly put together a 15-2 slate and is finally in the top 10.  USCe is 16-1 but I think they're around 18th.  UK now has 4 losses and is in the lower end of the top 25. That's about it for the SEC.

As for the Tiggers, represented by the 9-time, 9-time, 9-time, National Championship mascot, a win over the unwashed Tuesday in Pearl's Palace would just be the titz.  Would really help out heading into 2 tough road games against Florida and Ole Miss.  Any updates on Canty's ankle? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #195 on: January 18, 2016, 04:06:13 PM »
Any updates on Canty's ankle?
Ollie Williams says it's gon hurt!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #196 on: January 18, 2016, 11:05:33 PM »
Just watched #19 Iowa State beat #1 Oklahomo.  Let me just say, I wouldn't want us to face either of those clubs.  That was a damn good college game to watch.  Both clubs with multiple guys who could put it in the hole and weren't afraid to whip it out and let it fly.  Wouldn't be surprised to see either of these teams in the Final 4.

But...Ummm...my Dukies probably won't sniff of the Final 4...or 8...or 16...or....  3rd loss in a row.  Won't be ranked in the next poll.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #197 on: January 19, 2016, 10:20:04 AM »
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25453866/court-storm-after-kentucky-win-kick-six-net-auburn-100k-fine-from-sec

The SEC has fined Auburn for allowing its fans to storm the court after the 75-70 win against Kentucky on Saturday.

The celebration made for a great visual in one of Bruce Pearl's biggest wins since taking over the basketball program in 2014, but it also violated the league's access to competition area policy.

"The Conference has unanimously approved a policy requiring fines be applied when spectators enter the playing court after a game," SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey said in an official statement. "While understanding the enthusiasm following an exciting victory, fans need to remain in the stands and avoid the safety concerns associated with rushing on to the playing floor. We want to have exciting experiences around SEC games, but also want to maintain a safe environment for student-athletes, coaches, spectators and officials."

Auburn has now violated the rule twice since it went into effect in 2004. The first violation came after Auburn beat Alabama in the 2013 Iron Bowl with the epic "Kick Six." Since Auburn is a repeat violator, the school must pay a $100,000 fine.

If Auburn gets hit with another violation for a court storm or rushing the field, the fine from the SEC increases to $250,000.
First of all, fuck the SEC for this. I fail to see the point of being the fun police on this. No one's getting hurt, that's ridiculous. I thought college athletics was about the students. If the students can't go on the court and celebrate a huge win with their fellow classmates, what the fuck are we doing here?

Secondly, fuck the SEC for this. $100,000?? I know I'm bad at maths but that's like $500 per kid that stormed the court, at least.

Third, fuck the SEC for this. How did Auburn "allow" their students to storm the court? What are they supposed to do, hire armed guards to pick kids off as they start to make a move?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #198 on: January 19, 2016, 10:46:48 AM »
The funniest thing to me was watching one of the kids that stormed the court turn and put his mug right in the camera screaming, "We're number 1". 

No...we're not.  We're 8-8. But you keep that youthful enthusiasm flowing there, Sunshine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #199 on: January 19, 2016, 01:08:23 PM »
Just watched #19 Iowa State beat #1 Oklahomo.  Let me just say, I wouldn't want us to face either of those clubs.  That was a damn good college game to watch.  Both clubs with multiple guys who could put it in the hole and weren't afraid to whip it out and let it fly.  Wouldn't be surprised to see either of these teams in the Final 4.

But...Ummm...my Dukies probably won't sniff of the Final 4...or 8...or 16...or....  3rd loss in a row.  Won't be ranked in the next poll.

fook duke. 

We. Are. Auburn. Basketball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions