Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

MOTHER FUCKING OBAMACARE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: MOTHER FUCKING OBAMACARE
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2015, 12:35:03 AM »
Mine hasn't gone up either...plus my dental and vision are free.

Nothing is free. Somebody is paying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2015, 07:29:33 AM »
Mine hasn't gone up either...plus my dental and vision are free.
You should thank AUTR. He's picking up your tab.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2015, 07:43:49 AM »
Just got a letter from BCBS and my family insurance for 2016 is now $1287.14/month.

This is up from $985 in 2015

Which was up from $750 in 2014

Which is up from $588 in 2013

Did I mention I now have a $2,000 per person deductible?  Up from $750/person in 2013

THANKS A MOTHERFUCKING LOT OBAMA

There has to be a different plan you could explore. $1300/month is insane. Do you have existing health issues?

Ours has gone up as well, but teacher health insurance is still incredible. Of course what was $120/month has gone up to $300/month. And now we have to get physicals every year or it goes up $50/person/month.

When I looked into getting (what I would consider) good health insurance while self employed, I was quoted around $900/month for the most expensive and about $750/month for the one I would have chosen (platinum). Making $60k/year for a family of three, those rates would have crushed me.

Then I looked to Obamacare for help, and it quoted me $515/month for some shit plan (bronze I think). Said I was making too much money for a good subsidy. When I entered in my friend's numbers (he's an attorney that makes over $150k, not sure how much over), Obamacare quoted him around $550/month.

It's the worst piece of legislation that I know of. I honestly think anything would be better than the ACA, including what we had before or single payer.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2015, 09:18:30 AM »

His employer. Which will come at the expense of hiring freezes, or subtle layoffs, or pay raise freezes/minimal raises. And these may not be immediate but they will happen. All the major insurance companies are raising rates, its just a matter of WHO is picking up the tab - You, Your employer or in the case of ACA, the taxpayers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2015, 09:27:00 AM »

Taxpayers.    I thank you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2015, 09:51:59 AM »

Looking for a second job?  We are hiring warehouse help. For you I'll go $14.00 an hour.  :miltie:

Does it come with health insurance?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2015, 09:57:42 AM »
There has to be a different plan you could explore. $1300/month is insane. Do you have existing health issues?

Ours has gone up as well, but teacher health insurance is still incredible. Of course what was $120/month has gone up to $300/month. And now we have to get physicals every year or it goes up $50/person/month.

When I looked into getting (what I would consider) good health insurance while self employed, I was quoted around $900/month for the most expensive and about $750/month for the one I would have chosen (platinum). Making $60k/year for a family of three, those rates would have crushed me.

Then I looked to Obamacare for help, and it quoted me $515/month for some shit plan (bronze I think). Said I was making too much money for a good subsidy. When I entered in my friend's numbers (he's an attorney that makes over $150k, not sure how much over), Obamacare quoted him around $550/month.

It's the worst piece of legislation that I know of. I honestly think anything would be better than the ACA, including what we had before or single payer.

I have a silver plan with BCBS.

I could go to a bronze plan for just under $1,000/month but my deductible would go up to $6,700 per person.

Fortunately, I make too much to get a subsidy, but unfortunately not enough to pay $15,000/year for insurance without it hurting very bad.

As stated before, my coverage for a family of 4 was $588/month and going up 2-5%/year prior to Obamacare.  In just 3 years of Obamacare it has more than DOUBLED.

To put this in perspective, Health insurance is now my #1 family expense.  It runs more per month than my $190,000 house.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2015, 10:29:33 AM »

I could go to a bronze plan for just under $1,000/month but my deductible would go up to $6,700 per person.

Fortunately, I make too much to get a subsidy, but unfortunately not enough to pay $15,000/year for insurance without it hurting very bad.

As stated before, my coverage for a family of 4 was $588/month and going up 2-5%/year prior to Obamacare.  In just 3 years of Obamacare it has more than DOUBLED.

To put this in perspective, Health insurance is now my #1 family expense.  It runs more per month than my $190,000 house.

Impossible!

Its the AFFORDABLE Care Act man. Get with the program, Its for all Americans. You must not be doing the math right.

Srsly though....you are the guy that gets screwed. The middle class guy that makes a good living but still isnt rich enough to pay these outrageous premiums without it taking up almost his entire surplus after other bills are paid. The rich can afford theirs. The poor (or who Barry deems poor) and bums get theirs paid for by YOU!

We...the middle class get screwed. Every Damn Time. Same shit different day and has been the case for the most part since Reagan left Pennsylvania Avenue. The ACA was nothing but a wealth redistribution power grab....take money from what "they" deem the Haves, and use it to pay for the Have Nots.

here is how it works:

Individual policies saw a much starker jump after the Obamacare exchanges launched, in anticipation of the health care law going live in 2014. Morgan Stanley’s September 2013 survey, like the previous three quarters, found a fairly constant growth rate around 2 percent — but in December, the rate had shot up to above 9 percent.

Morgan Stanley’s results echo what consumers are already seeing: the Affordable Care Act’s intensive regulation of the insurance market is driving health care premiums up strikingly.

The survey found that premium increases are due to several specific Obamacare policies. The most talked about may be the new benefits all insurance plans are required to offer and excise taxes targeted at insurers themselves, Forbes reports.

But there are two other big contributors to the rise in costs. Age restrictions on premiums prevent the insurer from charging older customers who cost more to cover a higher premium — hiking the costs for young and healthy people disproportionately. Commercial underwriting restrictions also bump up insurers’ costs and are reflected in premiums.

Obamacare’s supporters argue that these rate increases aren’t important, because many people will be protected from them by federal subsidies. Those subsidies aren’t free—they’re paid for by taxpayers–and so it is irresponsible for people to argue that subsidies somehow make irrelevant the underlying cost of health insurance. Nonetheless, it’s important to understand the impact of subsidies on Obamacare’s exchanges.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 10:35:15 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2015, 11:00:54 AM »

What GH said plus the following liberal view:

You make enough money as it is. You need to help provide for EVERYONE else, you self-absorbed money-grubbing capitalist.

Attitudes like yours and the businesses across the country making PROFIT off of the sweat of workers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2015, 11:05:26 AM »
What GH said plus the following liberal view:

You make enough money as it is. You need to help provide for EVERYONE else, you self-absorbed money-grubbing capitalist.

Attitudes like yours and the businesses across the country making PROFIT off of the sweat of workers.

I've heard that somewhere before. Something about sharing the pie!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2015, 11:08:14 AM »
Does it come with health insurance?

We do. Although the warehouse work sucks.  Hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'