Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I shall not concede...

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
I shall not concede...
« on: October 26, 2015, 10:20:57 AM »
but it's no cakewalk.

In order of likelihood to get the W's for a bowl:
1. Idaho They are 3-4 and 2-2 in the Sunbelt. Beat Troy recently 19-16. Troy is bad. Surely, I mean surely, we can chalk one up here. I assume they aren't as good as Jax State and I think we are much improved since JSU. Regardless, they are the most likely to get us to 5.

2. Faggies. They look more discombobulated on O than we did in the first two possessions of the Arky game. Yeah, we suck. But they suck too. And if they play like they did vs Ole Miss, we can beat them.

Their QB situation seems to be worst (thx Dallas) than ours. I like the matchups. We can beat these guys if we play like the 2nd half of the Arky game and we don't have the dropsies.

3. Ole Miss--If we show up hungy off the loss, next best chance. Having them at home helps. They've been a little banged up with the boy named Sue having a concussion. I don't think he played vs A&M but I didn't watch much of that game. I'm sure he'll be back by our game. I think we can take it if we stay close in the first half. Obviously, it appears that it would have to be a shootout. But maybe forcing some turnovers.

4. Georgia--Would take a lot of ball bounces going our way and their bus breaking down in LaGrange and them having to hitchhike into Auburn.

5. Alabam--Are you serious? You're actually reading this.  :facepalm:

I'm still sticking to my prediction that we make a bowl game, although I have no idea why.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: I shall not concede...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 10:30:42 AM »
And herein lies the winter of my discontent. 

How can you go from "can we make the playoffs" go "can we make a bowl" in the matter of about three weeks?   How can that happen and it be palatable at any level? 

Other teams -- LSU comes to mind -- have years that are disappointments.  Those years recently include 8 wins and a Florida bowl destination. 

I get that the ball will sometimes bounce funny.  That things may not go your way.  That a player or two might disappoint.

But this disaster of the century shit?  This completely falling apart garbage?  It's not acceptable. 

You can't go from SEC favorite to "seeing improvement" in the sixth game of the season and abide it. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 10:34:59 AM »

How can you go from "can we make the playoffs" go "can we make a bowl" in the matter of about three weeks?   How can that happen and it be palatable at any level? 

Other teams -- LSU comes to mind -- have years that are disappointments.  Those years recently include 8 wins and a Florida bowl destination. 

I get that the ball will sometimes bounce funny.  That things may not go your way.  That a player or two might disappoint.

But this disaster of the century shit?  This completely falling apart garbage?  It's not acceptable. 

You can't go from SEC favorite to "seeing improvement" in the sixth game of the season and abide it.
The people saying that were wrong. We were never a playoff team. It was buyer beware for whoever believed that horseshit.

A perfect storm....again. But, unlike 2012--we haven't quit. Let's give them some credit for getting better and not quitting. I admire that.

Yep, we've sucked as bad as a team can suck on many occasions. But overall, the team fights. Other than tackling LSU's #7 that is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 11:06:05 AM »

Simple.

Because "can we make the playoffs?" was so inherently in the stratosphere and incorrect before we even knew it was. Wasn't even realistic. We just chose to see the glass half full and so did everyone else. We also assumed JJ was gonna be All World everything, and assumed Lawson was going to be part of turning the D around for Boom. Way too much overinflating and assuming...way too little realism. Thats why.

But I don't think we are as bad a team as many think. Pendulum went too far in the other direction.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 11:24:43 AM »
Frustrating thing is we had a minimum of 3 chances to close that one out Saturday and Arky pulled off some thread the needle shit.  We could be 5-2 with a winnable game at home staring us in the face.  Ugh!!!

You've gotta' believe they're getting the dropsies thing corrected this week.  If they show the same fight this Saturday, this could be one hell of a game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 12:07:59 PM »
Frustrating thing is we had a minimum of 3 chances to close that one out Saturday and Arky pulled off some thread the needle shit.  We could be 5-2 with a winnable game at home staring us in the face.  Ugh!!!

You've gotta' believe they're getting the dropsies thing corrected this week.  If they show the same fight this Saturday, this could be one hell of a game.
All we needed Saturday was one damn stop....just ONE.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.