No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: The Force Awakens
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2015, 01:51:31 PM »
Guess that's a nah?

Plan on it this weekend with little man. Hopefully its not sold out before we get in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2015, 04:48:15 PM »
Saw it last night, and Chizad and I already had a discussion about it via twitter.  It's much better than the prequels, which doesn't say much, I know.  It's the Star Wars movie we've all been waiting for since Jedi.  I really like the new heroes, and I can't wait to see where this goes for VIII.

All that being said, I still like the originals better, and again, that's not a knock on this movie.  You can be worse than the original trilogy and still be fucking awesome.

For those with kids worried about the pg-13 rating, it's really no worse off than Empire/Jedi in terms of violence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2015, 04:54:51 PM »
Saw it last night, and Chizad and I already had a discussion about it via twitter.  It's much better than the prequels, which doesn't say much, I know.  It's the Star Wars movie we've all been waiting for since Jedi.  I really like the new heroes, and I can't wait to see where this goes for VIII.

All that being said, I still like the originals better, and again, that's not a knock on this movie.  You can be worse than the original trilogy and still be fucking awesome.

For those with kids worried about the pg-13 rating, it's really no worse off than Empire/Jedi in terms of violence.
I had no idea that was you, ha.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2015, 07:11:27 PM »
I'm genuinely pumped about seeing this.  After Return of the Jedi, the whole thing lost me.  Became totally uninterested. Similar to Batman and Bond for me.  After the 27th different Batman and 64th James Bond, it stopped working.  When I saw the trailer, I thought "Okay, this looks like the Star Wars that had me driving home from the theater playing Jedi Knight and using my gear shift to fire laser shots at incoming evil guys".

oh hell no...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2015, 10:21:25 PM »

oh hell no...

Dude, I grew up on Roger Moore and Sean Connery.  Everything after that was pure shit.  THAT was James Bond.  Daniel Craig?  Pierce Brosnan?  Really?  Fuck that.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 10:23:47 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2015, 02:06:45 AM »
Dude, I grew up on Roger Moore and Sean Connery.  Everything after that was pure shit.  THAT was James Bond.  Daniel Craig?  Pierce Brosnan?  Really?  Fuck that.

You old
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2015, 11:30:56 AM »
Guess that's a nah?

Guess there's an entire thread of movie reviews. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2015, 02:51:54 PM »

yeah, really.  Craig brings back what Connery did to the Bond films but just in current role.  They all had there remarkable performances as Bond.  They all had their low points including Connery.  Now Dalton did suck. He all but killed the franchise.  So I give you that, but I still find myself watching them.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2015, 09:53:27 AM »
Loved it.

Abrams re-captured the feel of IV, V and VI.  It was awesome to see tie-fighters, x-wings and the goddamned MILLENNIUM FALCON again.

I thought the new characters were well-cast and -acted.  The scene at Maz Kanata's joint was a particular favorite, with the throwback nod to the cantina on Tattooine. 

Will see it again, at least once.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2015, 09:58:13 AM »
Guess there's an entire thread of movie reviews.
Guess December 18, 2015, 10:28:09 PM is after December 18, 2015, 12:43:24 PM.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2015, 09:59:21 AM »
Loved it.

Abrams re-captured the feel of IV, V and VI.  It was awesome to see tie-fighters, x-wings and the goddamned MILLENNIUM FALCON again.

I thought the new characters were well-cast and -acted.  The scene at Maz Kanata's joint was a particular favorite, with the throwback nod to the cantina on Tattooine. 

Will see it again, at least once.

There's a scene at Maz Kanata's?  Oh thanks for spoiling the whole damn movie for all of us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2015, 10:11:34 AM »

There's a scene at Maz Kanata's?  Oh thanks for spoiling the whole damn movie for all of us.

It's really awesome when Maz tries to dutch rudder Chewie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2015, 10:30:13 AM »
It's really awesome when Maz tries to dutch rudder Chewie.
You gotta be real careful with Chewie though he'll pull your arm off if you get him to excited.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 11:12:36 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2015, 10:50:59 AM »
Guess December 18, 2015, 10:28:09 PM is after December 18, 2015, 12:43:24 PM.

Guess the timestamp isn't correct. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2015, 10:58:02 AM »
Guess the timestamp isn't correct.
Oh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2015, 03:23:30 PM »
dropped 75 to see Star Wars last night.  wow. i cannot believe i wasted my hard earned money on a Star Wars: New Hope reboot. 

what did i expect?  i expected a new invigorating story line...something fresh. minus a senate dispute or trade disputes this movie wasn't too far off of the original.  give me something tense like the garbage disposal scene in New Hope. 

i expected the utilization of 2015 cinematographic technology not puppets...which is so 1977. 

i expected better character development...i did not connect with the new characters like i did with the folks in the original. they like most of the new generation a bunch of pussies...yes likable and fun.  give me grit and tough.  speaking of the New Hope relics...why did we need them? Perhaps to support the shitty cast.  the new cast is only a half-step above Jar Jar Binks.

how about more audience loving sidekicks like the original 3.  what is up with BB-8 droid...some poor man's version of R2D2?

and JJ Abrhams is no George Lucas.  he's a hack.  and sucks at being nostalgic.  can't he come up with is own ideas rather than rebooting movies from our time.

i guess in respect to the movie it's there to entertain our sissified while beloved millennials. 

fuck disney too for ruining americana.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2015, 04:31:09 PM »
You might want to lower your expectations in life.

You'll live longer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2015, 04:35:21 PM »
dropped 75 to see Star Wars last night.  wow. i cannot believe i wasted my hard earned money on a Star Wars: New Hope reboot. 

what did i expect?  i expected a new invigorating story line...something fresh. minus a senate dispute or trade disputes this movie wasn't too far off of the original.  give me something tense like the garbage disposal scene in New Hope. 

i expected the utilization of 2015 cinematographic technology not puppets...which is so 1977. 

i expected better character development...i did not connect with the new characters like i did with the folks in the original. they like most of the new generation a bunch of pussies...yes likable and fun.  give me grit and tough.  speaking of the New Hope relics...why did we need them? Perhaps to support the shitty cast.  the new cast is only a half-step above Jar Jar Binks.

how about more audience loving sidekicks like the original 3.  what is up with BB-8 droid...some poor man's version of R2D2?

and JJ Abrhams is no George Lucas.  he's a hack.  and sucks at being nostalgic.  can't he come up with is own ideas rather than rebooting movies from our time.

i guess in respect to the movie it's there to entertain our sissified while beloved millennials. 

fuck disney too for ruining americana.   

Ok.  I didn't hate it as much as chinook.  Didn't hate it at all really.

But had some of the same problems. 

The new cast didn't resonate with me.  Zero chemistry.  Like bland oatmeal.  Too many strained expressions of something. 

And a new Death Star?  Really?  One that has to power up to destroy whole systems.  Like Vulcan?  It was the same damn thing he deployed in Star Trek. 

It needed swagger.  I watched the first one again yesterday.  The graphics and such were not great and the acting was a little hokey.  But it had so much more energy and life than this. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2015, 05:21:01 PM »
It needed swagger.  I watched the first one again yesterday.  The graphics and such were not great and the acting was a little hokey.  But it had so much more energy and life than this.
When you say "the first one", I hope for the love of all that is holy you mean A New Hope and not Phantom Menace...

Chinook is the first person I've seen to be that vocally disappointed by this. I truly don't know what you were expecting.

The main complaint I've seen, and you've expressed is that it's too much like the original trilogy. That's like bitching that blowjobs feel too good or bacon is too delicious.

Thank God this cleansed our palette with scenery and a story line that isn't completely out of place with the originals after the dog turds that were the prequels. Thank God for the parallels. That's what I wanted. It feels like a natural progression of the story.

And I suspect we will get significantly more story in the next two films. A New Hope was a lot more character introduction than action and plot than a lot of people remember. Most of that came in Empire Strikes Back. I think this trilogy actually tries to stick to the formula, which I think is a very very good thing, so I suspect we will get tons more action and story when then next film is released.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions