« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 10:10:11 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Thoughts - Week THIS IS THE REAL THOUGHTS THREAD DAMMIT
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2015, 10:40:05 AM »
Ole miss will not win the west.  So it is written. So it shall be. 

They will lose at least two more SEC games.
Kaos -76  Black Bears - 0
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2015, 11:37:44 AM »
Yesterday made me feel good.

We keep improving little by little, we may have a shot to beat Arkansas, A&M, Ole Miss, and Georgia. A&M is probably the long shot, but we get Ole Miss and Georgia at home.

that's the spirit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2015, 08:08:41 PM »
Quick notes since y'all gone and had your own thing without me:

Auburn

- Most important improvement I noticed last night was the defensive strategy. I think last night showed why we're paying Muschamp so much money. The defense had multiple opportunities for big plays in the backfield. One of the best calls of the night was the blitz off the end when they were on the goal line. We got contact with the running back three yards behind the line of scrimmage. I also saw improvement in the secondary on long passes. Some of those throws and catches were highlight quality, which for some reason ALWAYS happens against us.

- But you can't coach talent, and one area we lack severely is in tackling. I counted four times where we should have had a huge stop in the backfield thanks to great play calling by Muschamp and instead, we saw an arm tackle or whiff and the running back made it down field. I also noticed that if the QB could complete a pass three to four yards past the line of scrimmage, the receiver could muscle or juke his way for at least five more yards.

- The improvement was there. We just need the players.

- I'm going to take the contrarian stance about the offense. While we were more productive, I thought Sean White's arm strength and accuracy was off. Timing and accuracy can be improved through coaching and experience. But some of those deep balls were just floaters that will be picked off by better defenses. Louis had a huge night, and I think he bailed out White quite a few times.

- White also has an issue of staring down receivers. He looks a bit jittery back there as well. But again, I don't necessarily fault White for this. He's young and he's not an NFL prospect yet. He's learning the ropes and I hope to see him improve over the rest of the season.

- Gus Malzahn has some serious bonehead issues, which we know already. Why in the hell is Jeremy Johnson on the field? Ever? Why did we spend the 1st half driving the field and scoring points with an open playbook and come out of the half with conservative boring shit calls?

- This was our halfway point. Here's what I expect to see the rest of the season based on what we've seen so far:

Arkansas

I think we have a good chance to win this game IF we can catch a few lucky breaks on offense. Do not have any false ideas about the Razorbacks: Bielema keeps his players playing extremely hard no matter what. This is also his Super Bowl - he hates Malzahn. He knows his job is in jeopardy. He will have them ready to play.

We cannot stop their running game. Alex Collins is a great back, and they have a strong offensive line. Their defense is stout as well, and I think we need to connect on a long pass to Louis or Smith for a touchdown. We've got to put them on their heels because we won't just muscle Barber down the field, and I don't think we have the speed to hit the edge.

I expect to win this one in a close game. 21-17 or something like that.

Ole Miss

Loss. Don't even kid yourself. Ole Miss stunk it up against Florida for whatever reason, but I doubt they have that kind of showing again. They are still in the driver's seat for the SEC West. They have a great defense with speed, strength, and big play potential. They can beat LSU, win out, and go to Atlanta.

They also have great receivers and a wide open offense. Our defense sucks, especially in tackling.

We lose. 31-17 or something like that.

Texas A&M

Loss. Probably a big loss. Again, our defense can't tackle. We give up big plays. We get out of position. Texas A&M has a wide open offense with playmakers all over.

I think our offense can slow the game down some against them, but I can't see us staying on the field with them.

35 - 14 or something like that.

Georgia

Potential win. Georgia's going to be hurting. I really hope they lose to Florida. Their quarterback isn't all that great, and without Chubb, I don't think they'll gash us like they did last year.

Auburn fans are also resilient. The stadium will be packed and ready to make things really difficult on the Bulldogs.

Because I am an Auburn fan, I'll call it a win. 24-21, all timer kind of game. Or something like that.

Alabama

Loss. Kinda close loss that just feels like shit. Their run defense is at their 2011 level. Their secondary sucks, but they're athletic enough to take advantage of White's weak arm. We won't run against them at all.

Luckily their offense blows monkey balls, so I don't expect it to get out of hand.

Loss. 17 - 3 or something like that.

Other Thoughts

- Ole Miss represents the West. I think they can win out and they'll have the tie breaker against Alabama.

- LSU is vastly overrated. Alabama is going to beat them easily. Alabama's run game will stuff LF much like they did Chubb, and LSU's quarterback is about as bad as ours. I also think LSU's defense is overrated. I also also think LSU loses to Ole Miss, who has the defense to stop a one dimensional offense.

- Florida's going to represent the East because the other teams in the East blow monkey balls.

- Your four team playoff: Ole Miss, Michigan, Baylor, and Utah. Clemson fans bitch but no one cares.

Ole Miss will get revenge against Florida's quarterback-less team that sneaks in with three losses.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2015, 08:41:10 PM »
Buncha nostra-dumbasses in this thread.  Fuck the rebel black bears.

Please to be expounding. More folks than not called that shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2015, 12:43:20 AM »
Hello is me your looking for?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2015, 02:43:26 PM »
Please to be expounding. More folks than not called that shit.

Who knows?  Made sense at the time of posting, I'm sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2015, 02:49:27 PM »
Who knows?  Made sense at the time of posting, I'm sure.

Ehhhh, either way, OM sucks and thats what matters. We all win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2015, 03:17:43 PM »
Yesterday made me feel good.

We keep improving little by little, we may have a shot to beat Arkansas, A&M, Ole Miss, and Georgia. A&M is probably the long shot, but we get Ole Miss and Georgia at home.
I was about to reply to your original post with essentially this.

I feel better than 50% about Arkansas, Ole Miss & Georgia. Not saying they're all three locks, but I am confident coming into those games as of today.

I feel less than 50% about A&M and Bama, but not resigning shit to them either.

My stance has been that some unpredictable off the field shit has thrown this season a curve ball. The goals shifted pretty quick. Not sure if it's all directly related to the Duke situation or what. Johnson for sure, for what ever reason, did not live up remotely to the hype. So we're having to adjust.

Laugh all you want, but Kentucky isn't a total joke of a team. Their only loss before us was by 5 points to Florida. Already beaten SC & Mizzou. I found a lot of encouragement that we got our shit together enough to not fuck that up.

Georgia has been grossly overrated from the beginning of the season. Nearly as bad as we were. And now they've lost their one major weapon in Chubb. Going forward, I think UK is going to better than they are.

Arkansas is sort of the opposite. Started out as a dumpster fire losing to Toledo & Texas Tech. They're getting their legs under them a bit by beating Tennessee and then beating Bama for a half and hanging with them for 3 1/2 quarters. Still very beatable.

Ole Miss beating Bama earned them a lot of good will. Next best win is to Vandy. I think they've spent their annual spoiler card. Thankfully on my favorite opponent to use it on.

Feel less confident than I'd like to against Bama, but they are not the world beaters they were a few years ago. Will be interesting to see how they fare against LSU.

Agree that A&M is probably our longest shot going forward.

In addition to the aforementioned visible improvement we saw this week, the skreets have been mumbling that Carl Lawson is set to return soon, maybe even this week.

All of those things make me feel pretty good moving forward.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2015, 03:23:50 PM »
I was about to reply to your original post with essentially this.

I feel better than 50% about Arkansas, Ole Miss & Georgia. Not saying they're all three locks, but I am confident coming into those games as of today.

I feel less than 50% about A&M and Bama, but not resigning shit to them either.

My stance has been that some unpredictable off the field shit has thrown this season a curve ball. The goals shifted pretty quick. Not sure if it's all directly related to the Duke situation or what. Johnson for sure, for what ever reason, did not live up remotely to the hype. So we're having to adjust.

Laugh all you want, but Kentucky isn't a total joke of a team. Their only loss before us was by 5 points to Florida. Already beaten SC & Mizzou. I found a lot of encouragement that we got our shit together enough to not fuck that up.

Georgia has been grossly overrated from the beginning of the season. Nearly as bad as we were. And now they've lost their one major weapon in Chubb. Going forward, I think UK is going to better than they are.

Arkansas is sort of the opposite. Started out as a dumpster fire losing to Toledo & Texas Tech. They're getting their legs under them a bit by beating Tennessee and then beating Bama for a half and hanging with them for 3 1/2 quarters. Still very beatable.

Ole Miss beating Bama earned them a lot of good will. Next best win is to Vandy. I think they've spent their annual spoiler card. Thankfully on my favorite opponent to use it on.

Feel less confident than I'd like to against Bama, but they are not the world beaters they were a few years ago. Will be interesting to see how they fare against LSU.

Agree that A&M is probably our longest shot going forward.

In addition to the aforementioned visible improvement we saw this week, the skreets have been mumbling that Carl Lawson is set to return soon, maybe even this week.

All of those things make me feel pretty good moving forward.

You add in the fact Sean White is looking more and more like a damn gamer. I believe the sun is coming out a little bit and this team is starting to finally gel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2015, 03:35:08 PM »
Let's mingle and make it well. Come together now. Yeah let's gel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2015, 03:40:00 PM »
Let's mingle and make it well. Come together now. Yeah let's gel.

Well let's bungle and live to tell
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions