Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dennis Rodman?

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Dennis Rodman?
« on: August 23, 2015, 09:50:55 PM »
http://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/index.ssf/2015/08/check_out_which_auburn_player.html

Check out which Auburn player Bruce Pearl compared to Dennis Rodman

Wesley Sinor

Dennis Rodman never shied away from the grunt work.

Despite his controversial off-the-court antics, "The Worm" established himself as one of the toughest players in NBA history during his 14-year career. He seemingly never took a possession off, and was regularly seen lunging his body onto the hardwood or into the crowd for rebounds or loose balls.

The 6-foot-7 Rodman was a part of five NBA Championship teams and was named the Defensive Player of the Year twice. It may be premature to compare any college basketball player's talent to that of Rodman's, but Auburn head coach Bruce Pearl sees a bit of Rodman in one of his freshmen.

"Horace Spencer is a 6-foot-8, hard-playing 5 man," Pearl said during an Greater Birmingham Auburn Club event last week. "Very athletic and a great kid... Horace is just a guy who just keeps on coming.

"He's got a lot of Dennis Rodman in him as far as how he plays. Off the court, he's nothing like Dennis Rodman, but on the court he really is. He's got a great motor."

Spencer carries plenty of hype with him to the Plains. The 247Sports Composite ranks the power forward as the No. 63 player in the country, higher than any other member of Auburn's 2015 recruiting class. He averaged 10.4 points and 9.4 rebounds as a senior at Findlay Prep in Las Vegas.

Spencer's knack for going hard in the paint should prove valuable to Auburn, which struggled mightily under the basket in Pearl's first season.

"I bring high-energy, a lot of highlight plays, a whole bunch of rebounds and blocked shots and good team effort," Spencer told AL.com in June. "(I want to) at least average double-digits in rebounding, make points, be cohesive with my teammates, play really hard with my teammates and just have a good year."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

Re: Dennis Rodman?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 06:51:36 AM »
Wow we might really struggle for steady scoring.

Pearl describes a sixth man type that brings energy to the team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 12:22:03 PM »
Wow we might really struggle for steady scoring.

Pearl describes a sixth man type that brings energy to the team.
If he crashes the offensive boards like Rodman, then it'll be alright.  You figure every offensive rebound is worth about one more point of scoring, based on adding an extra shot and 50% make rate (which is helped by high-percentage put-backs).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 12:24:27 PM »
Everything I have read/heard, Spencer is not slouch putting up points.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 04:24:09 PM »
We do not have an accountable soul that can score 14 per game on this roster. Just so you know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 04:52:59 PM »
We do not have an accountable soul that can score 14 per game on this roster. Just so you know.
Sani is not an accountant, but his game is scoring with 14 year olds
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 06:47:09 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 03:55:14 PM »
We are still top ranked in the SEC until UK selects the top class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions