Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A big win tonight?

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: A big win tonight?
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2015, 09:01:38 PM »
So just got home. we miss a wide open receiver to end the half and give up a long drive to start the second half.   Anything else? And it looks like the same play calling? Nice 3 and out.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 09:03:40 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2015, 09:23:05 PM »
Looks like Kentucky is doing a 7 on 7 camp with our secondary
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2015, 09:31:34 PM »
Well.  Damn.

Third and 5 coach.  What do you wanna run?  One receiver route and run it deep.  Hail Mary deep.  They won't be expecting that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2015, 02:58:17 AM »
Tommy want wingey!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2015, 06:53:39 AM »
Auburn did it!!!!! Auburn just beat Kentucky, in football!!!!! Pop the corks, it's time to celebrate....next stop, the National Championship BABY!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2015, 07:51:18 AM »
Not that we're going to sniff a NC, but the second greatest player in the history of Auburn football -- and perhaps the prettiest -- had to engineer a 19-play 86-yard drive that ended in a field goal on the last play of the game to pick up a three-point win on a Saturday night in Kentucky. 

The first several drives of the first half looked like what I thought we'd see from the first game of the season.  Moved the ball well, played with confidence, spread it out all over the field. 

Then Malzahn went into hibernation again.  I don't understand that.  I remember the Tuberville days when he'd get a touchdown lead and go into the Tubershell.  Won a lot of games that way, didn't really impress anybody, but had the defense to do it.  We don't have the defense yet to pull the Tubershell move.  I understand that he's coaching in fear right now.  That's why we hand off 94 times and pass once against San Jose State.  The problem with that is that we win, but we don't get any better.  In the first half we looked like we could skull fuck Kentucky.  But we settled for field goals in the second quarter, took a 23-10 lead instead of a 31-10 lead and then played like we were afraid to lose most of the second half. 

I honestly think if we'd scored a TD on that third series to go up 21-7 the game would have changed.  We'd have turned on the jets.  Instead we started to doubt ourselves -- players to coaches -- and got what we got. 

We were fun to watch again in the first half before we started kicking fucking field goals. 

That team would have beaten Mississippi State, though.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2015, 08:20:35 AM »
Not that we're going to sniff a NC, but the second greatest player in the history of Auburn football -- and perhaps the prettiest -- had to engineer a 19-play 86-yard drive that ended in a field goal on the last play of the game to pick up a three-point win on a Saturday night in Kentucky. 

The first several drives of the first half looked like what I thought we'd see from the first game of the season.  Moved the ball well, played with confidence, spread it out all over the field. 

Then Malzahn went into hibernation again.  I don't understand that.  I remember the Tuberville days when he'd get a touchdown lead and go into the Tubershell.  Won a lot of games that way, didn't really impress anybody, but had the defense to do it.  We don't have the defense yet to pull the Tubershell move.  I understand that he's coaching in fear right now.  That's why we hand off 94 times and pass once against San Jose State.  The problem with that is that we win, but we don't get any better.  In the first half we looked like we could skull fuck Kentucky.  But we settled for field goals in the second quarter, took a 23-10 lead instead of a 31-10 lead and then played like we were afraid to lose most of the second half. 

I honestly think if we'd scored a TD on that third series to go up 21-7 the game would have changed.  We'd have turned on the jets.  Instead we started to doubt ourselves -- players to coaches -- and got what we got. 

We were fun to watch again in the first half before we started kicking fucking field goals. 

That team would have beaten Mississippi State, though.

Agree.

We still got issues....especially in the middle of the Defense. And like you said, with inconsistent playcalling  - but that first half we saw what the potential is. Just need that full time. And no, this is not a Kentucky team from yesteryear that goes 3-8. Stoops has some players. Their MLB, and WRs are on point. They have a solid passer and a solid RB. They have good coaches. This team lost to Florida in a very tight one. The same Florida that is killing everyone else (although they may not now without their roid QB). Stoops and his boys came to play, and we still could have made it a route if the whole game was played like the 1st half. I liked what I saw in general which was improvement. Not everything is on a stat sheet. I like DB's jumping routes and getting aggressive with INT opportunities. But the swiss cheese D over the middle has to get fixed. A better pass rush (aside from the end) has to happen. Sean White is a fucking baller.

I'll take it. Kentucky will go to a bowl. They'll beat a few more teams. Stoops has them in the right direction. There are actually NFL players on that field for them, so yeah - I'll take it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2015, 08:50:59 AM »
Definite improvement. Still a lot to improve. White looked really good and more like what we thought he could be. I knew he had a cannon but he showed off his accuracy last night. It looks like we may be able to work some back shoulder stuff in with him.

D still looked bad in stretches but at least we had SOME stops and a takeaway. Put them in several long 3rds but rarely capitalized.

Nice to get an SEC win. I still believe we going bowling baby! Look out B'ham, we coming!

Miss the weedwhacker bowl. Shreveport is beautiful that time of year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2015, 09:41:29 AM »
Both lines got pushed around.  A lot.  By Kentucky.

Other than that, it was not a bad performance overall.  I just want to see White finally throw a TD pass to help with his confidence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2015, 09:58:43 AM »
Both lines got pushed around.  A lot.  By Kentucky.

Other than that, it was not a bad performance overall.  I just want to see White finally throw a TD pass to help with his confidence.
I disagree with the OLine getting pushed. I thought they played their best game, Sean had a lot of time back there to throw.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2015, 10:04:56 AM »
I disagree with the OLine getting pushed. I thought they played their best game, Sean had a lot of time back there to throw.
I should have been more specific.  Run blocking was not good.  As tough as Babar is running the ball, he never found any room whatsoever in the middle.  They did really pass block well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2015, 10:57:21 AM »
I should have been more specific.  Run blocking was not good.  As tough as Babar is running the ball, he never found any room whatsoever in the middle.  They did really pass block well.

You cant backtrack now and try to save face. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2015, 11:04:24 AM »
You have to take a penalty stroke.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2015, 11:36:57 AM »
You have to take a penalty stroke.
I be strokin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2015, 12:13:52 PM »

But my face is so pretty it needs to be saved.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2015, 12:34:29 PM »
But my face is so pretty it needs to be saved.

Well....I cant disagree with you there.  Hot stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2015, 12:47:32 PM »
Well....I cant disagree with you there.  Hot stuff.
I think you mean his butthole flower
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2015, 12:56:06 PM »
I think you mean his butthole flower
Big deal. Who hasn't pollinated that flower? :tongue:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2015, 04:53:42 PM »
We're still shitty.

But in all srsness.  They've had almost 2 weeks to get healthy, kick a starter off and get some things worked out.  I just want to see some fire. I want to see some things that tell me they understand it's now or never.  The schedule is brutal from here on out.

We still sux yes.  The good is nobody has quit.  The improvement is slight and slow but damn sure better than how I thought this would go 3 to 4 weeks ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2015, 02:46:49 PM »
So Ole Mrs..... They were getting dragged in the 3rd quarter by Memphis 31-14. Little closer now and OM may pull it out but still, far from the dominate Team some claim they are 

Ole Miss

:haha:

Memphis coach Fuente may be the hottest prospect in the country.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 02:50:14 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE