Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Has recruiting tanked too?

Has recruiting tanked too?
« on: October 12, 2015, 02:43:33 PM »
I don't really keep up too much anymore, but I was shocked to see that we're ranked #27 and dropping.

Granted we have the lowest number of commits with 11, but I'm not sure that's a good thing this day and age. Most of the top teams have their classes shored up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Re: Has recruiting tanked too?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 02:52:54 PM »
We are 40 in rivals, 21 in scout, and 17 in ESPN.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 02:56:29 PM »
Not unusual. We have typically been in these same spots way before NSD. If its this way come first week of Feb, i'll get worried.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 05:37:02 PM »
Not unusual. We have typically been in these same spots way before NSD. If its this way come first week of Feb, i'll get worried.

Even under chizik, I don't ever recall us around 40.

Around 20?  Sure.  But 40?  That's concerning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 11:07:49 PM »
Lord people.  Recruiting rankings mean absolutely SQUAT at this point.  It's early October.   How do you possibly put out recruiting rankings at this point?  How could u possibly care?  Why do you want to want to try and interject more negativity on this season?  Fuck!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 06:53:14 AM »
Lord people.  Recruiting rankings mean absolutely SQUAT at this point.  It's early October.   How do you possibly put out recruiting rankings at this point?  How could u possibly care?  Why do you want to want to try and interject more negativity on this season?  Fuck!!!

Fuck's sake, people.  You've turned Snags into the cool voice of reason here?

This season has turned a bunch of folks into dripping pussies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 07:46:10 AM »
Fuck's sake, people.  You've turned Snags into the cool voice of reason here?

This season has turned a bunch of folks into dripping pussies.

Perhaps, but there is a direct correlation between recruiting rankings and on-field success.

I can't remember a time since the recruiting services opened when Auburn has been this low at any point of the year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 08:38:10 AM »

Nope.

You guys can look at the glass half full all you want. But these 11 recruits were when Auburn was pre-season ranked #6 in the nation with a lot of promise. And we were still WAAAAAAY behind. Everyone said, "Just wait until they see us with a pass happy offense" or "Just wait until they see our awesome defense Muschamp is bring in". Well, that shit hasn't happened.

I don't know what the problem is, and you guys can sunshine pump all you want, but I am getting worried. I am not going full negative now, but there are currently a bunch of HUGE warning signs that are hard to ignore about the program.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 08:41:53 AM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 08:39:46 AM »
Even under chizik, I don't ever recall us around 40.

Around 20?  Sure.  But 40?  That's concerning.

We also only have 11 committments. Volume helps in the way that Rivals does it formula. And the 40 is ONE site's opinion.

The other two have us about where MOST think we are. I would say the 40 is the outlier. Luginbill does about a thorough job as any evaluating players and he has us at 17. Again, i'll get more worried if this drags into Jan/Feb. An uptick in the season would probably help matters too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 08:41:41 AM »
Nope.

Are you saying weve never been ranked between 15-30th in Oct in one or two recruiting services?

ONE effing service puts us at 40 (whose formula is highly based off volume of committments), and you guys go apeshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 08:44:41 AM »
Are you saying weve never been ranked between 15-30th in Oct in one or two recruiting services?

ONE effing service puts us at 40 (whose formula is highly based off volume of committments), and you guys go apeshit.

I am saying there are issues. Not sure what they are, but there are issues. I hope that we finish Top 20 or whatever, but I don't think we will. In the past, AUburn was in on a TON of huge recruits. This year, not so much.

Plus, Davidson, our only 5 star, is sending out photos with him wearing full out Alabama gear. Something just isn't right with the program.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2015, 08:52:02 AM »
I am saying there are issues. Not sure what they are, but there are issues. I hope that we finish Top 20 or whatever, but I don't think we will. In the past, AUburn was in on a TON of huge recruits. This year, not so much.

Plus, Davidson, our only 5 star, is sending out photos with him wearing full out Alabama gear. Something just isn't right with the program.

And that may be.

I guess I'm somewhere in the middle of jumping off the cliff, and seeing rainbows. There are enough great players looking at Auburn seriously or leaning. But I do think recruits see the dysfunction on the field right now and it may having an effect. Let the chips falls where they may I guess.

I don't know....I'm just tired of worrying about it. Or giving a shit in general. Just apathetic. I shouldn't be that way but am.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2015, 09:09:59 AM »
Man, this thread is like someone shit in a toilet and didn't flush.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2015, 09:13:15 AM »
Man, this thread is like someone shit in a toilet and didn't flush.

So you are saying Buzz owns this thread?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2015, 09:14:45 AM »
So I wanted to look at the players that Auburn is in for according to Rivals. I am listing all players rivals thinks are 40% or higher to come to Auburn.

RB
Elijah Holy Field 4* and Top 250
45% chance

That's all for the RB recruiting. There is not another player that we are recruiting right now that isn't committed elsewhere. Which was fine before the season because were were "loaded with talent". Now I think we need at least two RB. We have one committed.

WR
Nate Craig-Meyers 5* Top 100
40% Chance
Kyle Davis 4* Top 250
40% Chance

OT
Garett Bolles 4*
55% Chance
Willie Allen 4* Top 100
50%

OG
Landon Dickerson 4* Top 100
45%

No centers. No TE's.

DT
Anwuan Jackson 4* Top 100
55%
Rashan Gary 5* Top 100
45%
David Marshall 3*
45%

DE
Antonneous Clayton 4* Top 100
55%
Nick Coe 4* Top 250
55%

LB
Elysee Mbem-Bosse 4* Top 250
55%

CB
None

S
None

And that's it. So as of right now, there are 12 guys that Rivals (who are a bunch of sunshine pumpers when it comes to recruiting) think that Auburn has a 40% or better shot at getting. If we closed with 100% of those (which we won't), we have 23 recruits and are ok. Now I know things can change, but in the past, this list would have had 30 or more recruits with a ton of them as heavy favorites.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2015, 12:17:02 PM »
Yeah I'm concerned. We only have one DT (Swain) and he doesn't start. We have open roster spots and yet they commit somewhere else.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 12:22:01 PM »

Unless he's going full on bullshit on us and trolling hard this may explain Davidson:

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/5-star-auburn-commit-explains-why-he-wears-alabama-gear
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2015, 12:46:40 PM »
Unless he's going full on bullshit on us and trolling hard this may explain Davidson:

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/5-star-auburn-commit-explains-why-he-wears-alabama-gear

So dude was dressing up like a coach the first time, but then does a video interview the second time with Alabama gear on, but this time it's just to cover up his body. Sounds legit...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2015, 01:02:56 PM »
So dude was dressing up like a coach the first time, but then does a video interview the second time with Alabama gear on, but this time it's just to cover up his body. Sounds legit...

Again, we could be getting trolled hard. Or he could just be a dumb kid. Maybe The Prowler has more skreetz on him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2015, 01:09:11 PM »
Again, we could be getting trolled hard. Or he could just be a dumb kid. Maybe The Prowler has more skreetz on him.
We get Reubened every year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions