Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

No Craft Beer Thread?

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: No Craft Beer Thread?
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2016, 07:41:12 AM »
Not really "craft" I don't think but found this one at teh Kroger in Auburn....

Tap Room 21 - Copper.

I will be going back to this well again. Super good. I'm big on a rich, Amber lager and this one hits the spot. Smooth as hell. Great taste. Nothing fancy just good. Not water but not heavy either. Reminded me a little of a few of the German lagers like st Pauli girl but also like Smithwicks on the red/Amber side.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2016, 11:14:18 AM »
The UK are extremely heavy on roasted malt in their beers. Especially Scotland. Suck it up buttercup.

FYI - Black and Tan is an American invention. Just like how we "celebrate" st Patrick's day by getting drunk, listening to drop kick murphys, wearing green and acting like idiots.
I can't ever recall celebrating St. Patty's and I'm 4/10's Irish. And I like the burnt malt. Just not all of the time. I got my b&t info from a native of Edinburgh. Maybe he was just yanking my chain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2016, 01:45:59 PM »
I can't ever recall celebrating St. Patty's and I'm 4/10's Irish. And I like the burnt malt. Just not all of the time. I got my b&t info from a native of Edinburgh. Maybe he was just yanking my chain.

Yeah I think he was. It's very "American" and most of them even make fun of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2016, 05:02:40 PM »
Jumbo must have deleted his post as I recall that he liked Good People's Bearded Lady which is what I'm currently drinking alternately with a Lazy Magnolia So. Pecan Nut Brown while smoking a butt. Both pretty good beers although Bearded Lady has been discontinued due to the unavailability of the hops...something about a mega brewery buying them all up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2016, 10:16:06 PM »
Jumbo must have deleted his post as I recall that he liked Good People's Bearded Lady which is what I'm currently drinking alternately with a Lazy Magnolia So. Pecan Nut Brown while smoking a butt. Both pretty good beers although Bearded Lady has been discontinued due to the unavailability of the hops...something about a mega brewery buying them all up.

Highland Brewing Co. - Gaelic ale...

For me at the moment. Cheers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2016, 11:12:08 AM »
I do not understand people's fascination with IPA. Why would anyone voluntarily sign up to drink something engineered to taste like ass milk? Do you enjoy punishing yourself? Do you wear a cilice too?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2016, 11:17:12 AM »
I do not understand people's fascination with IPA. Why would anyone voluntarily sign up to drink something engineered to taste like ass milk? Do you enjoy punishing yourself? Do you wear a cilice too?

I prefer the bitter notes to those sweeter/malty-er brews.

Soooo, in closing: Fuck you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2016, 11:23:47 AM »
I prefer the bitter notes to those sweeter/malty-er brews.

Soooo, in closing: fudge you.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2016, 03:35:12 PM »
Just purchased a six'r of 420 IPA last night.  A couple of frosty mugs went perfect with the low country boil.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2016, 04:15:09 PM »
Just happy we have unrestricted choices in styles. My favorite IPA is Bell's Two Hearted Ale. And I enjoy the Double IPA's too although I'm of the opinion that it ceases to be beer once the alcohol is so prevalent.       

Other dislikes:
Thin beers and adjunct beers.
Our forefather's knew what sugars and fruit worked for each region. The hops, types of malt and yeast strains were limited. And if ie. cranberries were so fucking great (beyond being a good antioxidant) they would have fermented and drank a truckload of it.
The best way to counteract these defects is to try them on draft...far better results and enjoyment. Abita Purple Haze is a nothing beer from a bottle but on draft it's quite refreshing. Same goes for numerous others.

GH seems to be coming up with some good finds and I'm taking notes. That said...I will take a tall shot of most anything on tap before I order a pint. Cheers!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2016, 11:07:07 PM »

They aren't typically my thing either but I can appreciate a well made one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2016, 03:59:17 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2016, 04:48:45 PM »
For you guys lucky enough to have access to Prattvegas, a new craft beer place.

http://www.elmoreautauganews.com/#!Autauga-Creek-Craft-House-opens-for-business-today-in-Prattville/cjds/57362cb60cf2ab35c746c729

Damn, they dropped some major bank on the good fluorescent markers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2016, 06:24:39 PM »
They aren't typically my thing either but I can appreciate a well made one.

what do you considered a well made one? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2016, 03:17:56 AM »
Avondale Pachyderm has been discontinued because a mega brewery has a deal to buy all the hops for the next 5 years  :facepalm: #rip
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2016, 01:36:51 PM »
what do you considered a well made one?

Just the ones with easy access to, the first two that come to mind are Sierra Nevada and Sweetwater
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2016, 02:43:24 PM »
Just the ones with easy access to, the first two that come to mind are Sierra Nevada and Sweetwater

Just polished 2 Sweetwater IPA's while taking an hour to catch some rays and tan the flab.

Got a 5 lb. beef tenderloin chilling in a bourbon and brown sugar marinade.  After a 7 hour soak, it'll go on the Big Green Egg while Scalloped Parmesan New Potatoes bake in the oven.  There may be another IPA or 3 consumed during cooking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2016, 01:43:52 PM »
Just polished 2 Sweetwater IPA's while taking an hour to catch some rays and tan the flab.

Got a 5 lb. beef tenderloin chilling in a bourbon and brown sugar marinade.  After a 7 hour soak, it'll go on the Big Green Egg while Scalloped Parmesan New Potatoes bake in the oven.  There may be another IPA or 3 consumed during cooking.

Love teh sweet waterz
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2016, 01:58:16 PM »
Love teh sweet waterz

$1 to Wes for the intro several years back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2018, 08:00:00 AM »
Alright fellas we have a shimmering new look site and we need an update on some of the newest tasty brews about. Anybody keen on an up and comer?
I'm still holding on the tried and true but always game for a fledgling ale or lager.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions