Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

So....Duke Is Gone....

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
So....Duke Is Gone....
« on: October 05, 2015, 10:29:50 PM »
Yeah, I saw the thread.  Not what this is about.  So, we'll never see Duke catch another pass at AU.  And my prediction is we'll never see Carl Lawson play another down for the Tigers either.  I hope I'm wrong but I can totally see Lawson sitting it all out and taking the mindset that he'll just take his freakish physique and abilities into off season combines and private workouts and land a late second round....3rd round pick and cash in.  Fine!!!!

Does anyone suddenly see a scenario where Gus Malzahn says, "Nothing to lose anymore.  Balls to the wall.  Open the playbook.  Damn the consequences. Let's do some of that Gus Bus shit."

Tell Muschamp...all out...Rex Ryan...Seattle Seahawks...fuck with their heads....100 different formations/blitzes...turn it loose.

I for one, would get wood if that happened.  Look, this season is toast.  We have talent out the ass. Let it rip.  Let the chips fall where they may.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: So....Duke Is Gone....
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 10:35:01 PM »
Coarch Malzahns can get that tattoo of Roy Orbison his momma always told him he couldn't have!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 10:47:03 PM »
It's not going to happen.  I understand that.  But look, you're 3-2.  You've struggled like hell to get to that stellar record.  Your best defensive and offensive players are gone. But the silver lining is, your roster is overrun with 4 and 5 star players at every position.  Everyone is predicting you not to win an SEC game this year.....

Why not circle the wagons and tell the players and coaches...."Damn the consequences.  We about to shock the world." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 10:52:09 PM »
Actually, I think this will happen against the Mildcats.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 10:54:31 PM »
It's not going to happen.  I understand that.  But look, you're 3-2.  You've struggled like hell to get to that stellar record.  Your best defensive and offensive players are gone. But the silver lining is, your roster is overrun with 4 and 5 star players at every position.  Everyone is predicting you not to win an SEC game this year.....

Why not circle the wagons and tell the players and coaches...."Damn the consequences.  We about to shock the world."
This speech has me fired up. Not really but it's a nice try.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 11:03:55 PM »

Why not circle the wagons and tell the players and coaches...."Damn the consequences.  We about to shock the world...or not"
Fixed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 11:06:46 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 03:27:18 AM »
No we aren't shocking anyone just bc we dump a prima donna. That was merely a symptom. The problems are executing up front on both sides of the ball. And with the announcement of an open competition at QB we are at the mercy of the two headed guru.
Losing Duke doesn't change the fact that we are getting pushed around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 03:31:09 AM »
No we aren't shocking anyone just bc we dump a prima donna. That was merely a symptom. The problems are executing up front on both sides of the ball. And with the announcement of an open competition at QB we are at the mercy of the two headed guru.
Losing Duke doesn't change the fact that we are getting pushed around.
I agree
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 06:30:51 AM »
Not sure if anyone has stated this, but TE Jalen Harris was involved in a horrible accident Sunday, luckily he's fine...I'm really not sure how, because the vehicle was in is smashed up very bad.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 06:36:17 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 07:02:46 AM »
Not sure if anyone has stated this, but TE Jalen Harris was involved in a horrible accident Sunday, luckily he's fine...I'm really not sure how, because the vehicle was in is smashed up very bad.

Looks like he stole the Gus Bus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 07:46:09 AM »
Every time we have a shitty or subpar year, we wonder why the coaches don't just throw it all out the window and become wild banshee play callers.

And it never happens. In fact, it seems like they more often become even more conservative than they usually are.

I think for one, coaches realize that their team sucks and the only real chance they have to winning more games is to protect the ball on offense and put the defense in a position to not give up too many big plays. This way we can take advantage of field position to get a field goal or a few touchdowns while the defense can wait for the opposition's offense to make a mistake. Further, it kills the clock keeping everyone rested.

Secondly, after seeing the ineptitude of our players in executing the simple plays, you really want to watch them try to do something complicated?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 07:55:21 AM »
Every time we have a shitty or subpar year, we wonder why the coaches don't just throw it all out the window and become wild banshee play callers.

And it never happens. In fact, it seems like they more often become even more conservative than they usually are.

I think for one, coaches realize that their team sucks and the only real chance they have to winning more games is to protect the ball on offense and put the defense in a position to not give up too many big plays. This way we can take advantage of field position to get a field goal or a few touchdowns while the defense can wait for the opposition's offense to make a mistake. Further, it kills the clock keeping everyone rested.

Secondly, after seeing the ineptitude of our players in executing the simple plays, you really want to watch them try to do something complicated?
I agree. Snags is a dumbass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 08:04:58 AM »

I guess I'm asking too much for our staff to have the handful of newbies up to speed w those so very familiar w the offensive system. Which begs the questions: Why can't we just recalibrate? Why do we need an overhaul? Again... we had the entire off season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 09:20:12 AM »
I don't know about the rest of the shit Snags spouted, but I would like to see us blitz more.  Look the way I see it (against Miss. State Dax was back there knitting a fucking sweater)  guys are getting open in the Zone all damn day, so IMO blitz a LB try to bring pressure and make the QB hurry. 

One of 3 things are going to happen.  1. he is going to complete the pass (which seeing our defense was a good chance anyways) 2. He's going to get sacked. 3. He is going to get flustered, incomplete pass or potential turnover. 

2 out of 3 of those are good things.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 09:22:20 AM »
Like I said, it's not going to happen.  But all I'd really like to see is Gus/Rhett calling a game like they have total confidence in the plays they're calling and the players executing them.  Just run your offense the way you originally intended to run it. 

And blitz.  Yeah, blitz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 11:42:41 AM »
I keep saying no, but i smell

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 11:48:28 AM »
I don't know about the rest of the shit Snags spouted, but I would like to see us blitz more.  Look the way I see it (against Miss. State Dax was back there knitting a fucking sweater)  guys are getting open in the Zone all damn day, so IMO blitz a LB try to bring pressure and make the QB hurry. 

One of 3 things are going to happen.  1. he is going to complete the pass (which seeing our defense was a good chance anyways) 2. He's going to get sacked. 3. He is going to get flustered, incomplete pass or potential turnover. 

2 out of 3 of those are good things.

BLITZ?

You keep forgetting, other teams actually play with a TE. And the TE just steps behind the LB for a 20 yd gain. Because apparently the DBs ALL turn and run like hell in order to give that 20 yard bend but don't break cushion!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 11:55:10 AM »

BLITZ?

You keep forgetting, other teams actually play with a TE. And the TE just steps behind the LB for a 20 yd gain. Because apparently the DBs ALL turn and run like hell in order to give that 20 yard bend but don't break cushion!
He does that at will now anyways so why not blitz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 01:49:54 PM »
I keep saying no, but i smell

Wonder what the odds of that being played on the Jumbotron next home game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'