Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Could The Problem Be As Simple As....

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Could The Problem Be As Simple As....
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2015, 11:35:24 AM »
GF, I will need $142.99 transferred to my PayPal account please for my new monitor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2015, 01:03:29 PM »
LSU had a bad year last year.

They won 8 games.  That's a bad year under Les.  He's won 8 games twice, 9 games once.   I think what K is saying is that, this is what Auburn should be.  The worst he's finished in the SECW is 4th.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2015, 01:10:56 PM »

Do you know how sick it makes me when I'm watching LSU or some other team and some kid is making an awesome catch or blowing up a play or whatever and the announcer says

"That's true freshman Dickless McWiggles ..." 

Maybe I'm just overly sensitive but our true freshmen look weak, confused, unprepared and they're not that way at all at LSU or Alabama or Tennessee or .............. 

We're whining and moaning about "being young" for the last 15 motherfucking years.   We're usually middle of the pack in number of returning starters.  About half the SEC teams have fewer than we do.  All of them are playing freshmen at key positions.  But for US, it's a fucking excuse.  We have to simplify the playbook and justify ill-prepared players because they're "young." 

I'm cranky as fuck right now.
Have you watched other games and said to yourself or out loud, Auburn's player would've been stuffed in the backfield or, that screen play works against Auburn, always has...or that would've been "TAIL LIGHTS!!!!!!!" If that was Auburn's defense instead of Central High School's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2015, 01:36:22 PM »
Have you watched other games and said to yourself or out loud, Auburn's player would've been stuffed in the backfield or, that screen play works against Auburn, always has...or that would've been "TAIL LIGHTS!!!!!!!" If that was Auburn's defense instead of Central High School's.

It pisses me off to see every team we play execute screen passes for big gains.  Seems like we always get stuffed when we run them, and we run those sombeeshes a lot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2015, 02:38:06 PM »
It pisses me off to see every team we play execute screen passes for big gains.  Seems like we always get stuffed when we run them, and we run those sombeeshes a lot.

We have to keep the defense guessing. Speed sweep left, screen right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2015, 02:47:32 PM »
They won 8 games.  That's a bad year under Les.  He's won 8 games twice, 9 games once.   I think what K is saying is that, this is what Auburn should be.  The worst he's finished in the SECW is 4th.

Yeah.  It's where we've been, too.

2000: 9-4 (SEC CG)
2001: 7-5 (tied for first in West)
2002: 9-4 (tied for first in West although Alabama was first but barred for cheating)
2003: 8-5 (Second in West, let's take a jet to Louisville this SUCKS SO BAD!)
2004: 13-0 (SEC Champs)
2005: 9-3 (Lost tiebreaker with LSU for SEC-CG)
2006: 11-2 (second in West, disappointment after being ranked as high as #2)
2007: 9-4 (second in West)
2008: 5-7 ( Fourth in West. Oh my GOD! Fire his ass!!!)

Two SEC-CG appearances, One SEC Championship. 5-7 an anomaly. 

Since:

2009:  8-5 (Fifth in West)
2010: 14-0 (SEC Champs, NC.  Thanks Cam)
2011: 8-5 (Fourth in West)
2012: 3-9 (0 SEC wins, last in West)
2013: 12-2 (SEC Champ, NC-G)
2014: 8-5 (Fourth in West)

So let's give it a points system.  0 for finishing last in SEC-W, five for finishing first etc.  One point for playing in SEC-CG, one for winning it, one for playing in NC, one for winning it.  For comparison purposes we'll just look at five year spans. 

2003 -2008:

29 points. 

2009 - 2014:

20 points
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2015, 02:57:21 PM »
Given that we have have the potential to go 1-7 in the conference this year, place your bets for 2016 'cause we're going to the top!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

chinook

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2015, 03:10:51 PM »
I know.  My nuttz are much bigger than that.

thick,glass jars always make things appear bigger than they are...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2015, 03:11:53 PM »

We have to keep the defense guessing. Speed sweep left, screen right.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2015, 03:15:50 PM »
There's no reason to think we can't get back to that kind of consistency. Maybe we won't win a championship - or maybe we will. For those that champion Chizik and Malzahn's ability to get us to the big game, Tuberville would have had his shot in 2004 if it wasn't for a defunct system. And I still and always will hold the position that the 2004 Auburn team would have taken the 2004 USC team to the wire.

Auburn is one of the easiest schools to recruit to. All we need is a few more players on defense and a program that cultivates character and athleticism.

I think a lot of the problems are all coming together: booty music pumped on a Jerry Jones screen all game long; a disregard for the family/student atmosphere; constant attempts to gather more money from fans (see the $10k tents in front of Jordan Hare); players that enjoy dancing during games as much as they do playing good ball.

I have a question though - Why is it that Nick Saban can run one of the most complicated defensive systems in college football and have consistent success with it? I refuse to believe that he only signs scholars and that Auburn is taking the leftover dumbasses that are available.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2015, 03:16:18 PM »

You are a complete asshole for posting the playbook. Fortunately, they don't have internet in Mississippi, so it won't hurt this week. But now we'll have to change the plays before A&M. Dickhead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2015, 03:16:57 PM »
Yeah.  It's where we've been, too.

2000: 9-4 (SEC CG)
2001: 7-5 (tied for first in West)
2002: 9-4 (tied for first in West although Alabama was first but barred for cheating)
2003: 8-5 (Second in West, let's take a jet to Louisville this SUCKS SO BAD!)
2004: 13-0 (SEC Champs)
2005: 9-3 (Lost tiebreaker with LSU for SEC-CG)
2006: 11-2 (second in West, disappointment after being ranked as high as #2)
2007: 9-4 (second in West)
2008: 5-7 ( Fourth in West. Oh my GOD! Fire his ass!!!)

Two SEC-CG appearances, One SEC Championship. 5-7 an anomaly. 

Since:

So let's give it a points system.  0 for finishing last in SEC-W, five for finishing first etc.  One point for playing in SEC-CG, one for winning it, one for playing in NC, one for winning it.  For comparison purposes we'll just look at five year spans. 

2003 -2008:

29 points. 

2009 - 2014:

20 points

Again though goes back to what I have been saying about firing a coach.  We haven't had any stability in the program since Tubs left.  Not saying its the only answer, but the programs with the biggest issues all seem to have the same thing in common coaching changes. 

Look at Richt UGA people are pissed and he has that program about as consistant as you can get.  Yet I think if he loses on Saturday, baring some miracle that they make it to the SEC Championship Game (UF just forfeits the rest of their games? All of the players are on PEDs?) I think he is gone at the end of this year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2015, 03:56:45 PM »
thick,glass jars always make things appear bigger than they are...

If that wasn't damn funny, Snags would cut a bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2015, 04:08:22 PM »
Again though goes back to what I have been saying about firing a coach.  We haven't had any stability in the program since Tubs left.  Not saying its the only answer, but the programs with the biggest issues all seem to have the same thing in common coaching changes. 

Look at Richt UGA people are pissed and he has that program about as consistant as you can get.  Yet I think if he loses on Saturday, baring some miracle that they make it to the SEC Championship Game (UF just forfeits the rest of their games? All of the players are on PEDs?) I think he is gone at the end of this year.

I think he's only gone if he wants to be gone.  He would more than likely start next season on the hot seat but I don't think they can him after this year.

I think him and Tubbs are both telling their agents to make some calls to Miami though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2015, 04:11:11 PM »
I think he's only gone if he wants to be gone.  He would more than likely start next season on the hot seat but I don't think they can him after this year.

I think him and Tubbs are both telling their agents to make some calls to Miami though.
They would be stupid to go to Miami.  And Tubs ain't leaving Cincy, no pressure and his best friend is the AD.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2015, 04:16:34 PM »
They would be stupid to go to Miami.  And Tubs ain't leaving Cincy, no pressure and his best friend is the AD.

Not so sure either would be stupid to take it.  At one time it was a powerhouse.

Richt it would be a change of scenery and maybe a fresh start.

Tubbs, it would be a chance to make it to the playoffs.  The good points about him being at Cincy might be outweighed by the fact he's not in a power 5 conference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2015, 04:26:50 PM »
Cincinnati is also the chili capital of the world.

Who would want to give that up?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2015, 04:28:16 PM »
Cincinnati is also the chili capital of the world.

Who would want to give that up?

Have you tried Cincinnati chili?  I'm not a fan of it, but I know a lot of folks that like it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2015, 04:37:45 PM »
Have you tried Cincinnati chili?  I'm not a fan of it, but I know a lot of folks that like it.

I eat CCTAU deer chili. The rest is just shite!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2015, 04:44:52 PM »
I'm just tired of seeing our DL look like this on a decent percentage of plays...

NO FIRING OFF THE FUCKIN BALL, HORRIBLE PAD LEVEL and TERRIBLE HAND PLACEMENT
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 04:48:56 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs