Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week Wutever

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Thoughts - Week Wutever
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2015, 08:39:24 AM »
I'm watching it now for the first time. 

I'm going to state without hesitation that the entire problem with this team is Jeremy Johnson.  Everything else builds from there. 

Let's start from the beginning against Louisville.

The defense plays like their asses are on fire.  They shut out Louisville in the first half.  They gift one touchdown with an interception return into the red zone.  They create another touchdown on their own.  Johnson?  Two first half interceptions and looked like a drunk donkey most of the game.  He continued to play like he had his head up his ass and in the second half the defense just got tired (and injured).  I don't think it played that badly. 

Jacksonville State.  The defense held a talented Gamecock team to 20 points.  But the putrid offense -- which should have legitimately racked 45-60 couldn't do dick, shit or squat.  That game is not on the defense. 

I'm watching LSU now.  Bitch all you want about the defense, but through the first half they played pretty fucking hard.   They overran some plays, they got knocked out of position.  Fournette is going to run roughshod over a couple of teams this season.  AU won't be the first or the last.  I'm not at all unhappy with how the defense is playing.  But at some point when the offense continues to just shit all over the field, there's a natural inclination to hold back.  Still no Lawson.  Players coming out left and right with injury.  Yeah, the first Fournette run was rough.  But he's going to get his.  Through the whole first half we made them work.  And what did the offense do?  Shit the bed.  Piss the floor.

Moving the ball fairly well on the first drive.  On a second and one, Johnson throws the motherfucking ball backward to set up a third and 19.  Fuck.

Punt, LSU grinds out a drive and goes up 14. 

Second AU drive has a little promise. Numbfuck throws an interception.

Defense holds LSU to three and out. 

Two extremely shitty pass attempts by Johnson to open receivers fall incomplete.  Punt.

Long LSU drive ends with a field goal. 

Next two Auburn series consist of eight total plays and 15 total yards.  Punt, Punt.

Defense in 'fuck it all" mode. 

Come out and score when Johnson's dumb fucking ass FINALLY runs. 

LSU follows by gashing the defense on the ground and it's over. 

I really think that if Johnson doesn't play like a handicapped caribou in the first half it's a different game. 
I don't think we beat LSU, but we'd have a chance to win in the fourth. 

FWIW?  LSU's not a very good team.  They are going to get their shit pushed in several times this season because they really can't do much else but hand the ball to Fournette over and over.  Harris is awful when called on to actually be a quarterback.  But Johnson is fucking worse.

pretty much what Rob Pate said.....the D will get to a point where they will lose morale and go "whats the point?". he would know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2015, 08:52:58 AM »
I'm watching LSU now.  At some point when the offense continues to just shoot all over the field, there's a natural inclination to hold back.  And what did the offense do?  shoot the bed.  Piss the floor.

Moving the ball fairly well on the first drive.  On a second and one, Johnson throws the motherfudgeing ball backward to set up a third and 19.  fudge.

Punt, LSU grinds out a drive and goes up 14. 

Second AU drive has a little promise. Numbfudge throws an interception.

Two extremely shootty pass attempts by Johnson to open receivers fall incomplete.  Punt.

Next two Auburn series consist of eight total plays and 15 total yards.  Punt, Punt.

Come out and score when Johnson's dumb fudgeing ass FINALLY runs. 

I really think that if Johnson doesn't play like a handicapped caribou in the first half it's a different game. 
I don't think we beat LSU, but we'd have a chance to win in the fourth. 

But Johnson is fudgeing worse.

C'mon now. All the great ones do it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2015, 08:53:56 AM »
C'mon now. All the great ones do it.

Manning and Brady would have thrown 10-11 in the same time frame against those opponents.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2015, 08:55:30 AM »
I read a tweet by Rob Pate that suggested the defense may be laying down if Gus doesn't make a change at QB. 

If this is true, we have much bigger problems than JJ sucking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2015, 09:01:21 AM »
Just know what I see and seems you see too.  I have seen some otherwise decent teams rally around an underperforming quarterback. This team if that is the problem seems to be laying down because of JJ. In my opinion that is a much more deep seated issues than just a quarterback problem. 

JJ is much more than just "underperforming". He has been absolutely HORRIBLE! Worst QB play I have ever seen at Auburn. That includes Keihl.

If Auburn was playing good on offense, we wouldn't be having the conversation right now...defense or not...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2015, 09:06:32 AM »
JJ is much more than just "underperforming". He has been absolutely HORRIBLE! Worst QB play I have ever seen at Auburn. That includes Keihl.

If Auburn was playing good on offense, we wouldn't be having the conversation right now...defense or not...

Agree JJ is fucking worse than any could have dreamed. If the offense were good of course we wouldn't be having this conversation and maybe the defense would be a little bit better but what I see out of the defense still concerns me greatly.  I see a defense that doesn't look much improved at all.  Put some of that on JJ and the O...I get that....but they are not good at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2015, 09:22:05 AM »
Agree JJ is fucking worse than any could have dreamed. If the offense were good of course we wouldn't be having this conversation and maybe the defense would be a little bit better but what I see out of the defense still concerns me greatly.  I see a defense that doesn't look much improved at all.  Put some of that on JJ and the O...I get that....but they are not good at all.

And they werent gonna be overnight. That was ok....not gonna hang WM after 3 games, especially with the dysfunction of the O. Like K said, I saw a lot of good in the first half against UL. They looked sharp and played hard. I hadn't seen that in a while. Seems they saw in JJ what we did after that and there was a bit of demoralizing of the whole team that happened. Plus, the D has been on the field about 2/3 of the time, which also has everything to do with all of JJ's issues, the 3 and outs, short fields, etc. The O's dysfunction and overall team morale that followed is at the root of all of this. The coaches not being able to handle all of this and adjust/coach, is the bigger issue though. Its like Gus doesnt know what to do aside from keeping his wagon hitched to his pride and joy of a QB, right over a cliff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2015, 09:31:56 AM »
And they werent gonna be overnight. That was ok....not gonna hang WM after 3 games, especially with the dysfunction of the O. Like K said, I saw a lot of good in the first half against UL. They looked sharp and played hard. I hadn't seen that in a while. Seems they saw in JJ what we did after that and there was a bit of demoralizing of the whole team that happened. Plus, the D has been on the field about 2/3 of the time, which also has everything to do with all of JJ's issues, the 3 and outs, short fields, etc. The O's dysfunction and overall team morale that followed is at the root of all of this. The coaches not being able to handle all of this and adjust/coach, is the bigger issue though. Its like Gus doesnt know what to do aside from keeping his wagon hitched to his pride and joy of a QB, right over a cliff.

I think most people sees the biggest problem on the team is at QB. Fix that and fix a lot of shit. I hope that morale you speak fixes the damn tacking too. Good gosh man!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2015, 09:36:58 AM »
I think most people sees the biggest problem on the team is at QB. Fix that and fix a lot of shit. I hope that morale you speak fixes the damn tacking too. Good gosh man!

Its easy for us to sit back and say things, but I think CCT said it - if you are Tray Matthews, your team is down 3-4 TDs, and your QB is dysfunctional (and you know the O is gonna do nothing) - are you really amped up enough to put your injured shoulder in front of Fournette AGAIN? In a close game where I know my O can score? Sure. But in the context of where our team was, hell no. I dont blame him one bit. Ours guys were tackling just fine the first 3 quarters against UL when there was still hope. JJ has been exposed. The fans know it, the other teams know it and our own damn team knows it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2015, 09:43:25 AM »
I am not saying the defense is great by any means, but this is on the offense.

LSU first drive went 75 yards with 71 being on the first play. I thought the defense played pretty good up the middle on the goal line and LSU couldn't just power through the middle to score. Brandon harris went outside and if it weren't for a missed tackle on over pursuit of Harris at the 5 on third down, Auburn would have forced a FG.

LSU second drive, Auburn played decent. Gave up a 27 yard run on 3rd and 7 which was mainly because of Kris fucking Frost who for some reason went outside to double team the damn RB and left the middle wide fucking open for Harris to run. One player making a bone headed decision to allow a huge gain and bad conversion.

This second drive was after the offense had something going and JJ decided to throw the damn ball backwards. Auburn had the ball at the 50 before JJ lost 18 yards by going full ass tard...

3rd possession - LSU punt after JJ interception
4th possession - LSU FG after 60 yard drive

5th possession a TD after pinning them deep and then letting Harris again escape for 33 yards on a third down deep in LSU territory. Then Fornette scores from 40 yards out.

At that point the defense was gasses I think. They had been on the field the whole first half because the offense sucks ass.

I am willing to give the defense a pass right now. They are who I thought they would be. Especially without Lawson.

I lay this on the offense and JJ in particular. If JJ doesn't lay an egg, the game doesn't go like that for the defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2015, 09:49:30 AM »
Lets say Malzahn says to hell with it and benches JJ, what next? Serious question. Would it be a Sean White show, Jason Smit wildcat show or perhaps a combination. I'm thinking a combination at this point to see what works best against live SEC action.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2015, 09:49:50 AM »
At that point the defense was gasses I think. They had been on the field the whole first half because the offense sucks ass.

And this is an easy thing for people to dismiss. It matters. Especially in 95+ degree heat. Being physically miserable feeling combined with having absolutely 0 confidence in your offense = what we saw.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2015, 09:52:50 AM »
Lets say Malzahn says to hell with it and benches JJ, what next? Serious question. Would it be a Sean White show, Jason Smit wildcat show or perhaps a combination. I'm thinking a combination at this point to see what works best against live SEC action.

Put Barber, Johnson, Thomas all in the backfield and just snap to one of them at random.  Never throw a pass. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2015, 09:52:52 AM »

No fucking clue. I am not out there and have no clue who can play QB. I do know who can't play QB though...and that is Jeremy Johnson. I like the kid and honestly feel bad for him. But holy shit man...it ain't happening. I really really really really wanted to play football for Auburn but couldn't because I wasn't good enough. Same applies here. He had his chance and it didn't work out. Time to find another option, whatever that may be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2015, 09:57:56 AM »
No fucking clue. I am not out there and have no clue who can play QB. I do know who can't play QB though...and that is Jeremy Johnson. I like the kid and honestly feel bad for him. But holy shit man...it ain't happening. I really really really really wanted to play football for Auburn but couldn't because I wasn't good enough. Same applies here. He had his chance and it didn't work out. Time to find another option, whatever that may be.

Well it sure has hell isnt the same Jeremy Johnson that I saw against Arkansas last year thats for sure. His mind is jacked up about something. The only other option would be Tyler Queen but I highly doubt that is a realistic option. I would have to think White or perhaps Smith. At this point, what would it even matter. It sure doesn't look like things will get better with JJ at QB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2015, 10:17:58 AM »
Well it sure has hell isnt the same Jeremy Johnson that I saw against Arkansas last year thats for sure. His mind is jacked up about something. The only other option would be Tyler Queen but I highly doubt that is a realistic option. I would have to think White or perhaps Smith. At this point, what would it even matter. It sure doesn't look like things will get better with JJ at QB.

Or Tommy John.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2015, 10:22:19 AM »
Or Tommy John.

He should be over that by now right? Even then, I don't think this is a realistic option.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2015, 10:25:18 AM »
He should be over that by now right? Even then, I don't think this is a realistic option.

If so, I know a few MLB teams that would love to have the 3 week process for Tommy John that Auburn's staff has.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2015, 10:36:03 AM »
One thing is for sure, we will see what this coaching staff is made of. If they make some changes they are trying.

Same shit on the field and they have mailed it in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2015, 10:47:47 AM »

It would be the Sean White show, and we'd probably still suck.

But would we suck like we have been? Would White just throw it directly to the other team six times (really more since there have been what, four dropped picks the last three games)?

Would White throw the ball BACKWARDS at the beginning of a huge SEC matchup?

Would White have any heart? Any moxie? Any swagger?

I'm already sick of the JJ "deer in the headlights" look he seems to have every time they show his face. He's not leading this team at all. No pats on the back or slaps to the helmet. No real communication with his receivers.

The guy is absurdly bad. He might look like Dan Marino in practice and A-Day games, but against live defenses, he's not good enough to play FCS ball.

Put in White. We're going 5-7 anyway. At least get a spark going.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole