Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Doing it on his own...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Doing it on his own...
« on: September 24, 2015, 09:22:27 AM »
This from USA Today re: Cam

It’s almost depressing watching Newton as he attempts to carry a group of NFL nomads to offensive success. Carolina’s offensive line has been better than expected, but the receivers have been as advertised. This just might be the worst supporting cast in the history of the league.

It's a shame Cam is shackled to that awful ownership and even worse coaching.  Rivera has the defense working well enough, but Shula is the most inept offensive coordinator in the league.  He's terrible. Add that to a GM who has fumbled the ball on getting Cam something to work with and it's amazing what he's been able to do.  He willed that team to a playoff berth last year and has them 2-0 this season.  Magic is what it is.  Put Cam with almost any other team?  He's setting records. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Doing it on his own...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 09:25:12 AM »
So why did Cam re-sign?

Imagine him with Arenas or Chip Kelly or Josh McDaniels, in those offenses. With those supporting casts (even though the Iggles are 0-2). Im not sure why Kelly wanted Sam Bradford.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 11:12:48 AM »
So why did Cam re-sign?

Imagine him with Arenas or Chip Kelly or Josh McDaniels, in those offenses. With those supporting casts (even though the Iggles are 0-2). Im not sure why Kelly wanted Sam Bradford.

I think it speaks to Cam's character. Yes, Cam is glamorous and flashy. He's an entertainer and a showman. But he's one of the most selfless players I've ever heard of.

It seems like every (true) story on him off the field involves him helping his community. He doesn't get into fights or have any drama. He's not in the tabloids for banging celebrities.

When he was at Auburn, he volunteered his free time at a local elementary school. At Carolina, there are numerous stories of him helping people in need and just being a positive role model for the city of Charlotte.

I think Cam cares more about his identity in his community than he does winning football games. Because you're right, there's no football reason for him to stay at Carolina. They're a dumpster of an organization with a lame-duck coach. He could have easily demanded out and gone somewhere to win a Super Bowl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 11:23:27 AM »
I think it speaks to Cam's character. Yes, Cam is glamorous and flashy. He's an entertainer and a showman. But he's one of the most selfless players I've ever heard of.

It seems like every (true) story on him off the field involves him helping his community. He doesn't get into fights or have any drama. He's not in the tabloids for banging celebrities.

When he was at Auburn, he volunteered his free time at a local elementary school. At Carolina, there are numerous stories of him helping people in need and just being a positive role model for the city of Charlotte.

I think Cam cares more about his identity in his community than he does winning football games. Because you're right, there's no football reason for him to stay at Carolina. They're a dumpster of an organization with a lame-duck coach. He could have easily demanded out and gone somewhere to win a Super Bowl.

Whatever.  Look, when you're the leader of the most powerful gang in Charlotte, ESC (East Side Cams) why would you want to relocate and spend years establishing yourself again?  Plus he's got all these "Charitable" foundations set up in Charlotte that makes the money laundering a cinch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 11:57:04 AM »
ESC (East Side Cams)

Aren't they rivals with The Van Buren Boys?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 11:59:29 AM »
Aren't they rivals with The Van Buren Boys?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 12:03:38 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 12:23:21 PM »
So why did Cam re-sign?

Cam playing Arenas league football may be one of the dumbest ideas I've seen anyone talk about on here. He's still NFL level.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com