Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

BF's video link

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
BF's video link
« on: September 17, 2015, 10:58:11 AM »
I watched the Coach Crowe and Rob Pate interview with Randy C this a.m. and they brought up something that I had noticed. I don't know what to make of it but there doesn't seem to be a lot of interaction between JJ and the team on the sidelines. Maybe it's because of the interceptions. It's lonely when you are the guy that turned it over but still, makes me wonder.

I was thinking, if Coker had been preseason 2nd team All-SEC with Heisman talk, we would've been laughing. The talk was too soon for JJ. They brought up the fact that QB play in the SEC is way down. I think Pate or Randy even said as bad as they've seen it.

There was too much hype re: JJ and our team in general. Cam and Nick were anomalies. It usually takes time.

Yes, we can still do it this year but I'm just saying that it usually takes time. We have more issues than JJ's interceptions. D is looking improved in some respects but we haven't contained on the edges and they've rolled up a bunch of yards on us.

O line isn't what we've grown accustomed to so far.

IMO, Barber, Louis and Ray are the brightest spots that come to mind on the O.

I guess what I'm saying is that it appears to me that we are a year away from being where most thought we'd be this year. Expectations were too high.

Now, we go into Rouge and pull of the upset and it's a new outlook on this season. Things can change quickly.

The team chemistry and sideline demeanor is a legitimate concern. Eager to see how that goes Sat.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 11:04:05 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: BF's video link
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 11:18:50 AM »
I think the O-line will be skrong if Avery Young gets back in and everyone settles into their positions.  Is Kozan back....was he injured...not playing well?  I thought I saw him late in the JSU battle royale. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 11:20:09 AM »
I think the O-line will be skrong if Avery Young gets back in and everyone settles into their positions.  Is Kozan back....was he injured...not playing well?  I thought I saw him late in the JSU battle royale.
I'm pretty sure the entire team is listed as day to day. But, aren't we all?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 11:25:13 AM »
I'm pretty sure the entire team is listed as day to day. But, aren't we all?

Whoa....that was deep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 11:33:53 AM »

That's kind of an issue with this team. It's very thin in terms of productive talent.

If Avery Young comes back, our running game will be night and day different. But if Avery Young is out? Can barely run on an FCS school.

If Carl Lawson comes back, our defensive line is one of the best in the country. Without him? Has trouble containing and stopping the run against an FCS school.

Seems like we have a wide gap between starters in terms of talent and productivity. In other words, we have glaring weaknesses that will be seen on film and exploited by other teams as the season goes on.

I have a feeling this could be a long year. But as said in the OP, if we can escape Baton Rouge with a W or at least a loss that goes down to the wire, then we have a good shot of turning things around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 11:37:17 AM »
From things I've read, everyone should be back on the field except for Holsey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 11:42:25 AM »
I watched the Coach Crowe and Rob Pate interview with Randy C this a.m. and they brought up something that I had noticed. I don't know what to make of it but there doesn't seem to be a lot of interaction between JJ and the team on the sidelines. Maybe it's because of the interceptions. It's lonely when you are the guy that turned it over but still, makes me wonder.

I was thinking, if Coker had been preseason 2nd team All-SEC with Heisman talk, we would've been laughing. The talk was too soon for JJ. They brought up the fact that QB play in the SEC is way down. I think Pate or Randy even said as bad as they've seen it.

There was too much hype re: JJ and our team in general. Cam and Nick were anomalies. It usually takes time.

Yes, we can still do it this year but I'm just saying that it usually takes time. We have more issues than JJ's interceptions. D is looking improved in some respects but we haven't contained on the edges and they've rolled up a bunch of yards on us.

I guess what I'm saying is that it appears to me that we are a year away from being where most thought we'd be this year. Expectations were too high.

Now, we go into Rouge and pull of the upset and it's a new outlook on this season. Things can change quickly.

The team chemistry and sideline demeanor is a legitimate concern. Eager to see how that goes Sat.

A bad loss this Sat and this team may implode. A win may pull it together for them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 11:44:59 AM »
I think if we lose Saturday, it will not be good.

I think if we win Saturday, it will be good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 11:50:52 AM »
Whoa....that was deep.

Like balls deep?  Wait...you wouldn't know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 11:58:29 AM »

Ha!  That's where you're wrong, Smarty McSmartypants.  My wife let's me have them during sex.

Not that I get to experience "balls deep" that often....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 12:06:33 PM »
Big gut on her ass and balls deep that's how I get down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 12:09:08 PM »

A bad loss this Sat and this team may implode. A win may pull it together for them.

Which is why Gus needs a back up plan and JJ on a short leash. This will start to effect the whole team in a major way. Perhaps already is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2015, 12:15:51 PM »

Year well if I'm the Turd kicker I don't want a fucking pep talk from Rueben Foster. Honestly WT, you surprise me sometimes with your lack of knowledge of the psyche of big time athletes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2015, 12:28:36 PM »
That's kind of an issue with this team. It's very thin in terms of productive talent.

If Avery Young comes back, our running game will be night and day different. But if Avery Young is out? Can barely run on an FCS school.

If Carl Lawson comes back, our defensive line is one of the best in the country. Without him? Has trouble containing and stopping the run against an FCS school.

Seems like we have a wide gap between starters in terms of talent and productivity. In other words, we have glaring weaknesses that will be seen on film and exploited by other teams as the season goes on.

I have a feeling this could be a long year. But as said in the OP, if we can escape Baton Rouge with a W or at least a loss that goes down to the wire, then we have a good shot of turning things around.
Your points about missing a key player on each side of the ball and the difference it makes is well founded. There shouldn't be as big of a drop off, granted. But I really do think there has been entirely too much emphasis on the FCS school thing. That was a pretty damn good offense and one of the upper-echelon DIAA teams in the country.

Everyone is acting like this is the first time a smaller school has done something like this. Hell, we've had close calls with socon teams before. Maybe not ot put down to the last minute.

I don't think it would've made much difference if we were facing Miss State, Ga Tech or Louisville, is my point. Just because they were FCS, doesn't mean they weren't any good. An upper level 1aa is just as damn good as an avg 1a. Bank it. And we played avg to below against them.

If we were as good as we all thought, then typically it wouldn't have been nearly as close. I agree with that. But that team has the potential to beat a lot of 1a teams.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2015, 02:46:07 PM »

No worries dude, I saw this episode of friday night lights. They got it together.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2015, 03:28:13 PM »
No worries dude, I saw this episode of friday night lights. They got it together.
Thanks man. I feel much better about things.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2015, 08:23:05 PM »
I think if we lose Saturday, it will not be good.

I think if we win Saturday, it will be good.

He's not the best color guy in America for nothing, folks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.