Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Defensive Starters to Return????

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Defensive Starters to Return????
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2015, 10:44:48 AM »
The read option is fine....if you have a read option QB running it.

Nick Marshall was a straight fucking baller and I feel like I owe the guy an apology after saying stupid shit about his performance last year. Dont know what ya got til its gone. F me, I would take just a 1/2 or 47.45% of a NM right now.
The backup is always the best player on the field...and in this case it may be twue!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2015, 10:56:00 AM »
The backup is always the best player on the field...and in this case it may be twue!

Last year, it defintely wasnt true. NM was on the field for a reason.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2015, 10:58:14 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2015, 11:00:28 AM »

Is it twue what they say about you people?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2015, 11:07:51 AM »
Sounds like we see Jason Smith some to me and I assume it will be more as a wildcat qb with a very limited package. We've seen it work and not work. Never understood why we would run a wildcat when we had Cam. Just didn't make sense.

The right guy back there as a change of pace for JJ or White can def make a difference.

At this point, I don't care who it is back there. Just give us a different look. Try something. Anything.

I'm one of the ones that thinks it's in JJ's head. My question is, if it's not in his head, how do you explain the interceptions hitting the defenders between the numbers and throw into triple coverage? I don't believe those were mechanics issue.

And if he looked like this vs Louisville and Jax State, what to expect with LSU? I say, short leash. Bring him along slow and maybe it passes. If not, "We want the white boy....We want the white boy!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2015, 11:13:21 AM »
Agree with you both but it's time for Gus/Rhett to make the repairs with what we have. And if you are going to convert we need a fucking manageable call for the down and distance for JJ or whomever is under center.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2015, 11:26:05 AM »
Sounds like we see Jason Smith some to me and I assume it will be more as a wildcat qb with a very limited package. We've seen it work and not work. Never understood why we would run a wildcat when we had Cam. Just didn't make sense.

The right guy back there as a change of pace for JJ or White can def make a difference.

At this point, I don't care who it is back there. Just give us a different look. Try something. Anything.

I'm one of the ones that thinks it's in JJ's head. My question is, if it's not in his head, how do you explain the interceptions hitting the defenders between the numbers and throw into triple coverage? I don't believe those were mechanics issue.

And if he looked like this vs Louisville and Jax State, what to expect with LSU? I say, short leash. Bring him along slow and maybe it passes. If not, "We want the white boy....We want the white boy!"

I'm in the other camp, still believing he's going to get his shift together.  But, I'm also absolutely fine with being ready to go to plan B, which unfortunately, is a white kid that's never taken one snap in a real D1 game.

I guess when I hear that it's "in his head" I think of the Yips.  I think of Mackey Sasser, the ex-Mets catcher who suddenly couldn't throw the ball back to the pitcher. Don't think that's the case here and maybe not what you're talking about.  The next pass I throw in college will be my first.  I certainly don't know squat about what it takes to play the position. My armchair quarterback analysis though, would be what you constantly hear from those that do know.  The dreaded, "Speed of the game" problem.  You always hear when a QB gets comfortable, that the game slowed down for him. I think that's the case here.

I believe JJ really is very confident in his abilities.  He's just got to see it and do it enough times in a real game setting to have it all slow down for him where he can recognize what's going on.  Problem is...and I'm right there with everyone else....we don't have much more time let him work through it.       
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2015, 11:28:43 AM »
I'm in the other camp, still believing he's going to get his shift together.  But, I'm also absolutely fine with being ready to go to plan B, which unfortunately, is a white kid that's never taken one snap in a real D1 game.

I guess when I hear that it's "in his head" I think of the Yips.  I think of Mackey Sasser, the ex-Mets catcher who suddenly couldn't throw the ball back to the pitcher. Don't think that's the case here and maybe not what you're talking about.  The next pass I throw in college will be my first.  I certainly don't know squat about what it takes to play the position. My armchair quarterback analysis though, would be what you constantly hear from those that do know.  The dreaded, "Speed of the game" problem.  You always hear when a QB gets comfortable, that the game slowed down for him. I think that's the case here.

I believe JJ really is very confident in his abilities.  He's just got to see it and do it enough times in a real game setting to have it all slow down for him where he can recognize what's going on.  Problem is...and I'm right there with everyone else....we don't have much more time let him work through it.       

Bo Jackson says you made the cut.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2015, 11:39:13 AM »
In listening to Chris Todd he indicated they do presnap reads-safeties>cover1/2,left side or right side.

Then it's:
option1
option2

But what JJ is missing IMO are the other options which is A, throw it in the stands or B run the motherfucker.

It's really that simple...just have to decide which in a matter of a few seconds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2015, 11:47:01 AM »

Obviously, I played at a lot higher level than you but that's not my point.
The fact that I'm 10x the athlete isn't either.

I'm not giving up on JJ. But I do think that it was moving too fast BECAUSE he's feeling more pressure as the man.

He didn't look like this last year vs Arky but I don't recall how many passes he threw in that game.

We all know there's a big difference in being mop up or fill in and the guy responsible. I love JJ's personality more than any recent AU qb. He seems like a great guy and I'm honestly a big fan. So, I'm pulling hard for him to get it worked out. I feel like he will. But if it takes sitting to get him there, then I hope they'll do it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2015, 11:55:26 AM »
You have two options, or you can trow it away/run it. OR take sack/make like JFF and hope received comes open.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2015, 02:40:29 PM »
You have two options, or you can trow it away/run it. OR take sack/make like JFF and hope received comes open.
"Trow it away JJ! Trow the ball away!!!"

"Trow that ball across the line...Trow it! Trow it!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2015, 03:21:57 PM »
"Trow it away JJ! Trow the ball away!!!"

"Trow that ball across the line...Trow it! Trow it!"
Trow it is right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2015, 04:05:02 PM »
FYI...Malzahn says Carl Lawson is............

Day to day
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2015, 06:19:03 PM »
FYI...Malzahn says Carl Lawson is............

Day to day
Might be week to week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2015, 09:26:37 AM »
Lawson twattered "I'll be back". 

Could mean he'll be ready Saturday.  Could mean some time in November.  Could mean he loves Terminator movies.

Trigga Tray says he's ready on the twatterz.

Avery Young is expected to be back.  (Although Captain Coachspeak says he's day to day)

Jovon expected to be ready

LSU's All American safety, Jalen Mills, highly doubtful. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2015, 09:32:08 AM »
Random poster on ITAT said that he saw Lawson downtown without crutches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2015, 09:45:20 AM »
Random poster on ITAT said that he saw Lawson downtown without crutches.

This gives me pause for chub.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2015, 10:17:55 AM »
LSU's All American safety, Jalen Mills, highly doubtful.

Sucks for Mills. Someone else is gonna get those INTs that are rightfully his.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2015, 10:24:57 AM »
Are Frost and Garrett healthy?