Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Time to Man Up - It's LSU Week

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: Time to Man Up - It's LSU Week
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2015, 06:29:33 PM »
There is no freaking way he runs 175 on us in the first half.
Hopefully
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2015, 07:36:01 PM »
Yes, his absence in the 2nd half satisfies his suspension penalty.  Countess will be back for LSU.

Thank you, sir. :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2015, 07:47:45 PM »
I only watched bits and pieces of the LSU/State game.  From what I saw and read, looked like the Nutrias had control for most of it then State stormed back and could have/should have won the game.  I think I read they missed a 2 point conversion to tie and were set to kick the winning field goal from about the 47 but got a delay of game penalty that took em' out of range.

LSU moved it well on the ground (266 yards) but did diddly through the air (71 yards). State was the polar opposite.  Over 300 through the air (JJ is licking his chops  :facepalm:) and not much at all on the ground.

I did notice in the little I watched that LSU was playing several true freshmen on defense.  Two of which were DB's.  There's not going to be any smoke and mirrors here.  Miles is going to blast it straight at you with big backs, like he always has.  Harris has done exactly squat to show he's worth a damn at QB.  Stack the freakin' box and force Harris to shoulder a lot of the responsibility.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2015, 08:04:02 PM »
Keys to success against the Corndogs.

1. Get all our players healthy and back on the field, especially on the defensive side of the ball.  I heard today that Justin Garrett went out of the game this past weekend.  That means we were playing without Lawson, Matthews, Holsey, Garrett, Countess (kicked out) and Russell (missed most of the second half)

***Anyone know if Countess is back?  You normally serve a 1/2 game suspension for targeting.  Did the second half count?***

2. Open up the playbook.  Put some damn motion in.  Threaten the speed sweep every play.  Hey, we ran a screen Saturday.  Anyone see that?  Worked damn good too.  When's the last time a true screen was run at Auburn?

3. After you put a more wide open game plan in, go through drill after drill after drill with Johnson.

Is he covered?  Yes?  Option 1 is this guy.  Option 2 is run it if you can. Option 3 is throw it at the fat girl in the stands.  Got it? Good.  We've only run this drill 74 times so far today.  Run it again.  Is he covered?  Yes? ....
We don't have enough bodies for this defense to hold up long. We still need to rack up scores anyway we can. I'm with you 120% on the playbook. Don't know how many wins this team has in it but we need far more point production. Seriously, Fournette can run for 200 and we can still win. We just have to score every time we get the fucking ball. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2015, 08:51:33 PM »
Problem is you actually think the playbook isn't open? I thought JJ had been there 2 years and knew the playbook like the back of his hand.

I still think our biggest problem is on the offensive side of the ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2015, 09:03:57 PM »
Problem is you actually think the playbook isn't open? I thought JJ had been there 2 years and knew the playbook like the back of his hand.

Yep. 

Let's reassess.  We aren't going to beat LSU.  Unless things change dramatically we won't beat Ole Miss or A&M either. 

Say what you want about the defense doing this or that or the other, it's by god decent enough to keep us in games.  We're not going to give up 56 to anybody this season.  We'll keep people under 30 and given the offensive firepower we've come to expect?  That should be plenty good. 

But it won't be.  Because we're borderline Moseley bad.  Barrett Trotter would have put 50 on KSU and 45 on Louisville. So would Chris Todd.  Cam? Marshall?  70s.  Think about that. 

Johnson may be a great practice player but so far when you turn the lights on he turns into a fucking pumpkin.  If there's a worse QB in the SEC right now, I haven't seen him. 

That has nothing to do with the allegedly cancerous Duke.  Because Williams isn't making him throw the ball right to the other team and think "all the greats do it."  The fucking GREATS?  Christ almighty.  I struck out a shit ton the last year I played competitive baseball.  I guess I was one of the greats, too, because as we know Reggie Jackson and Big Papi are not immune from whiffing a time or two.

FUCK.  I said I wasn't going to care, but Jesus Hoosous. 

Malzahn's post-game conference was an embarrassment. He obviously had no clue why what happened happened.  And Jeremy "One of the Greats" Johnson obviously forgot he'd just survived the fighting Cocks. 

AAARRGGGHHHH.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2015, 09:42:54 PM »

Agree but every HC always yaps about putting their players in the best position to succeed and we are  only scratching the surface as far as what we've seen with Malzahn's offenses. That Todd run offense was a thing of beauty. Lots of window dressing? You bet, but the fuckers fell for then and the'll fall for it now.
We just need to stay away from the slow developing plays, deep handoffs and stupid deep pass attempts when we need only 6 or 7 yards for a 1st down.
Having JJ run the read option is really counterproductive. He needs to deal the ball in space to the twelve or so weapons he has and we need to lean on Barber for quick bursts. If we rush the ball 35 times and Barber totes it 20, we still have to account for 30+ plays and that leaves a heap of room for short/intermediate passes along with some shots deep. We lack a prolific run game but we also don't want JJ throwing it that much. So where is the rest of the offense?  We saw bits and pieces this past week.
This much: If JJ has this offense down, the playcalling is severely lacking. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2015, 09:49:37 PM »

AAARRGGGHHHH.
Dammit. JJ and Gus done made Kaos turn into a pirate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

chinook

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2015, 11:34:51 PM »
Dammit. JJ and Gus done made Kaos turn into a pirate.

What is a pirate's favorite letter?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2015, 12:00:23 AM »
Just watched the AU/JSU game again.  Total reversal. First off, I watched this game and specifically JJ's performance and the announcer's comments.  Yep,,,he had a total brain fart and threw directly to a JSU defender. Let's break something down first.  Everyone said he locks in.  Sorry..watch the replay. Kamryn Pettway was his second option.  He looked to him after looking his initial receiver off and mistakenly pulled the trigger. The other..he misread the LB who made a great play.  The color guy said it's in his head.  Fuck him!

Now...otherwise...I dare you to show me where he wasn't solid. He threw a beautiful strike to Roc for 6.  He hit Melvin IN..THE...CLUTCH..for the wining score.  Second half..he had several times where he either hit his guy or ran it, or threw it away.  Go back and watch it.  This game was about our defense. Period!!!  Not JJ.  Not the greatest game but GO  BACK  AND  WATCH. You won't put this on Jeremy Johnson.

Bottom line...we take Red Stick by storm.  Go back and watch it!!   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2015, 03:05:15 AM »
I'm with Snaggs, We're good again!  :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2015, 05:12:21 AM »
I'm with Snaggs, We're good again!  :thumsup:
Hooray boys! We don't suck as much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2015, 07:20:02 AM »
Just watched the AU/JSU game again.  Total reversal. First off, I watched this game and specifically JJ's performance and the announcer's comments.  Yep,,,he had a total brain fart and threw directly to a JSU defender. Let's break something down first.  Everyone said he locks in.  Sorry..watch the replay. Kamryn Pettway was his second option.  He looked to him after looking his initial receiver off and mistakenly pulled the trigger. The other..he misread the LB who made a great play.  The color guy said it's in his head.  Fuck him!

Now...otherwise...I dare you to show me where he wasn't solid. He threw a beautiful strike to Roc for 6.  He hit Melvin IN..THE...CLUTCH..for the wining score.  Second half..he had several times where he either hit his guy or ran it, or threw it away.  Go back and watch it.  This game was about our defense. Period!!!  Not JJ.  Not the greatest game but GO  BACK  AND  WATCH. You won't put this on Jeremy Johnson.

I know JJ talk has hurt you deeply because--and we're tying to break this gently but he may not lead us to the playoffs.

Srsly Snags. You are making excuses for him. He's had some good plays but 5 picks is bad. Really bad. And I don't care about the rest if there is 5 picks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2015, 07:35:05 AM »
I know JJ talk has hurt you deeply because--and we're tying to break this gently but he may not lead us to the playoffs.

Srsly Snags. You are making excuses for him. He's had some good plays but 5 picks is bad. Really bad. And I don't care about the rest if there is 5 picks.
Still if he is our guy he needs to keep chucking. We haven't seen the QB draw, reverses, involvement of the TE and barely any throws toward the sidelines. He needs to stay away from middle and better play selection will go a long way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2015, 07:49:23 AM »
What is a pirate's favorite letter?
B? For booty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2015, 07:56:14 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2015, 08:40:02 AM »
Still if he is our guy he needs to keep chucking. We haven't seen the QB draw, reverses, involvement of the TE and barely any throws toward the sidelines. He needs to stay away from middle and better play selection will go a long way.

You are darn right. And let's not forget we haven't seen him line up at receiver and catch a pass thrown by a defensive back who was lateraled to by a water boy yet either. There is a lot left in the tank for Gus and JJ! Our time is now.
:wartim: :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2015, 08:51:11 AM »

Not sure if serious or not, and you my boy blue....but, NO.

Could not disagree more. We should always hang 40+ on an FCS team. ALWAYS. And with the talent we have now especially. as K said, the D wasnt great but was good enough - esp with lawson, tray and countess out. We give up 20, we should always win handily, and even moreso against an FCS school.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2015, 09:53:13 AM »
Not sure if serious or not, and you my boy blue....but, NO.

Could not disagree more. We should always hang 40+ on an FCS team. ALWAYS. And with the talent we have now especially. as K said, the D wasnt great but was good enough - esp with lawson, tray and countess out. We give up 20, we should always win handily, and even moreso against an FCS school.

I'm not saying the guy had a great game. Just not the debacle so many have claimed.  And the "head case" comments by some are laughable.  You don't make the throws he made if you have the yips, especially at the end.   And I've harped on the fact that we had numerous starters out on the defense. Regardless, we should still have the athletes to roll em'...but we didn't.  20 points given up is not all that relevant when JSU ran 89 plays and weren't forced to punt until the 4th quarter.

Now, having said that....yeah...the "taking Red Stick by storm" was me dreaming of Care Bears and dolphins riding unicorns through the clouds.  But, I do think we can limit JJ to 2....3 interceptions, tops on Saturday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2015, 09:53:17 AM »

Yeah...I watched the Louisville opener again and felt like this in the face of everyone blaming Johnson then. Granted, I didn't rewatch this one because I couldn't stomach it. But he looked like shit for 90+% of last week's game. The ints weren't even some of the worst throws. How about the two to Duke in a row that was EXACTLY the same play, that resulted in EXACTLY the same result. 20 feet over his head BOTH TIMES. Or the pass to the dirt 5 yards in front of wide ass open (Barber? Was it?). He was not good.

That said, I still don't think it's something impossible for him to shake. I also can see us using last week as a wake-up call, beating the pants off of LSU in Red Stick, and ESPN review show analysts scratching their heads about our Jeckyll & Hyde team. But I can just as easily see us tripping all over our dicks and having sorted nothing out, and the events of last Saturday being more psychologically damaging to that team than helping it. It's a crapshoot at this point. One thing's for sure, we won't know which extreme, or somewhere in the middle, is the reality until Saturday.

All I know is that I don't know nothin.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions