Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Post game thread JSU

Re: Post game thread JSU
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2015, 04:00:18 PM »

Never in my mind leading up to this season did I think the 3rd game of this year could make or break us.  :facepalm:

I like to think of it as making us or making us. Either JJ gets it going in Baton Rouge or he doesn't. If he doesn't and we lose, hopefully that means it'll be on to White and some improvement.

I don't know how either outcome changes the fact the O-line is getting pushed around, we can't gain more than 3 yards at a time on the ground, and the defense can't stop a nosebleed. But at least it can't get any worse right?

:huh:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2015, 04:05:24 PM »
I like to think of it as making us or making us. Either JJ gets it going in Baton Rouge or he doesn't. If he doesn't and we lose, hopefully that means it'll be on to White and some improvement.

I don't know how either outcome changes the fact the O-line is getting pushed around, we can't gain more than 3 yards at a time on the ground, and the defense can't stop a nosebleed. But at least it can't get any worse right?

:huh:

There are two possibilities that will help the ground game.
1.  Johnson needs to pull the damn ball out at least 5 or 6 times a game to keep the defense from clogging up the middle.
b.  Gus needs to realize Johnson isn't made for the Nick Marshall plays and get his 2009 playbook and his manhood back from Red Beaulieu.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2015, 04:06:50 PM »
There are two possibilities that will help the ground game.
1.  Johnson needs to pull the damn ball out at least 5 or 6 times a game to keep the defense from clogging up the middle.
b.  Gus needs to realize Johnson isn't made for the Nick Marshall plays and get his 2009 playbook and his manhood back from Red Beaulieu.

WATER SUCKS!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2015, 04:08:20 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2015, 04:14:24 PM »
Gatorade not only quenches your thirst better, it tastes better too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2015, 04:25:48 PM »
This is my issue...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2015, 04:44:09 PM »
This is my issue...

We may be in deep kimchee (dodo for civilians)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2015, 07:14:27 PM »
At halftime last week, Auburn looked much improved. I was happy.

I rationalized the struggles in the second half by the fact that Louisville appeared to be a good team, but by pounding their dicks in the dirt in the first half, we took our foot off the gas, and got too complacent & conservative, but hey, we held on to the lead the whole game.

I was fine with that, and I still believe anyone melting down after that game was premature at best.

This shit this week? I got no rationalization for. I mean, I do, but it's :wartim: shit. To get it out of the way now, it is possible (not likely) that exactly like the second half of last week's game, Auburn got way too complacent and conservative and pretty much stayed there until fucking OT. Also the fact that half the goddamn defense was out due to injury, COULD have been purely being over-precautionary since everyone believed our 2nd string could beat Jax St.'s starters brains in without much effort. Maybe we're saving it all up for LSU.

Or maybe all their bones are made of glass and we really do have major injury concerns after one fucking game. Regardless, our second string SHOULD be able to not get pushed around by a fucking FCS school. Both sides of the ball were the entire game. You'd think pride would kick in at some point before the end of fucking regulation that they were getting buttfucked by kids not good enough to get a scholarship to fucking Sunbelt or MAC of Conference USA school, but nope.

Oh yeah, and Louisville lost to Houston this weekend, LOL.

And the Jeremy Johnson problem is officially a major problem. It was so bad David Pollack was legitimately wondering if he was if he was actually blind from the booth. Once again, this is not competition that should give ANY SEC starting quarterback any concerns, let alone the fucking preseason Heisman front runner. NOW I think it's safe to say he's got the YIPS, bad. Can he get out of his own head? I hope to God he gets his shit together some time in the next five days.

I'm still not in burn it all down mode yet. That will come when we show up in Baton Rouge and look just as awful as we did last week. That's when we'll know that all hope is officially lost.

Rumor is it's Duke. Word is he's like cancer on the team.
Skreets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2015, 08:47:20 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2015, 08:47:59 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2015, 08:56:08 PM »

I think we can burn this season down.  Not going to be what we expected. 

I'm not going to put up with the:

Duke is a cancer
Jovon was screaming at Gus
Cowart has prima donna issues

I'm just not going to tolerate that.  Fuck all these pissy ass rumors.

I'm sick of us cannibalizing ourselves with this self-doubt and "we need to be the underdog" shit.   Fuck that. I'd prefer to be the bully.  Miami of old had a team full of Dukes and they stomped the shit out of people.  I'd rather be that than this mealy mouthed shit we seem to do all the time.  Chemistry be damned.  Just skull fuck people and be done with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

bgreene

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2015, 06:51:25 AM »

I think we can burn this season down.  Not going to be what we expected. 

I'm not going to put up with the:

Duke is a cancer
Jovon was screaming at Gus
Cowart has prima donna issues

I'm just not going to tolerate that.  Fuck all these pissy ass rumors.

I'm sick of us cannibalizing ourselves with this self-doubt and "we need to be the underdog" shit.   Fuck that. I'd prefer to be the bully.  Miami of old had a team full of Dukes and they stomped the shit out of people.  I'd rather be that than this mealy mouthed shit we seem to do all the time.  Chemistry be damned.  Just skull fuck people and be done with it.

You have anger issues
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2015, 07:58:05 AM »
I'd prefer to be the bully.    I'd rather be that than this mealy mouthed shoot we seem to do all the time.  Chemistry be damned.  Just skull fudge people and be done with it.

Then you want a coach who can cheat and hide it well, inspire players with fear, and be a real asshole.

You want...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2015, 08:27:22 AM »
Then you want a coach who can cheat and hide it well, inspire players with fear, and be a real asshole.

You want...

You don't know me at all.  That assbag is the polar opposite of Jimmy Johnson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2015, 09:36:36 AM »

You want...

Prick-Yes
Dickhead-Yes

Team prepared to play-Yes.
Team beat a JSU squad by 7 in OT-  NO (and don't give me N.Ill) Shula's players were shit and didn't care.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 09:38:12 AM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'