Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Something Women Like About A Pick Up Man

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Something Women Like About A Pick Up Man
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2015, 11:46:03 AM »
If not that one maybe this one is the ugliest. 

Dude, this is sacrilege.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2015, 01:12:21 PM »
These things that you boys are talking about are not trucks. They are SUV's with a bed.

A truck typically has dents and a rust spot or twelve. It has a rusty chain in the back, a tire tool, an opened bottle of motor oil, some skeeter spray, a cricket cage, hammer head with detachable handle, axe head with a detachable handle, a piece of wood/post, some wet pine straw, various bolts/screws, an empty viener can and empty American beer bottles or cans. I took inventory.

A whiskey bottle may be in a brown paper bag behind or under the seat.

There is a little vent you can open on the window for the air to blow in more. The A/C either doesn't work properly or it doesn't have one, so that will come in handy.

Usually, it was made before 1980 and you have to roll the windows up with a handle, not push a button. The back seat is the folding chair that I failed to mention that you keep back there with all the other stuff in the bed.

No offense, but typically, pussies don't drive trucks. They just think that they do.

But the F-150 SUV sounds really nice. Carry on.

You just described my first vehicle, without the rust.
1979 F-100. Three on the tree. 302 V8 with NO AC.

Prattville, Alabama. black. Vinyl seat. I could drive that thing with only 6 inches of my ass touching the seat in the summer.

Now I got a 2003 F250, 6.0 diesel with 150000. Love my truck.

And Buzz, those Tahoes will run well into the 200K range. I have a buddy still driving his at 235K.

The key to any good vehicle is, is it paid for!

Being a Ford man, it would be tough, but I would have to check out Dodge's new 1500 diesel Ram truck. 27 mpg in 4X4.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 01:43:50 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2015, 01:56:14 PM »
Snaggle consider me disappointed you didn't go Raptor.

You aint kiddin. Those things are badassery. Drove one at the lot I bought my truck at for shits n giggles. Good lawd. I left a mess on the seat. Yes, that good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2015, 01:58:37 PM »
Please to be updating this thread periodically over the next 6 months or so.  The Yukon is 8 years old now and has about 150K on it.  I am trying to convince the wife that her 12 year old Honda is still just fine and I need teh new truck.  I have been looking at the Sierra and the F-One Fiddy a lot lately, and can't decide which I like better.  I told myself after 2008 not to buy a GM vehicle again because they took my money to keep overcharging us for their vehicles, but I love the look of the Sierra.

I had same thought about 5 years before I got my F150....ended up getting and hating the Silverado/Sierra. Was a nice enough truck but there just wasnt a comparison to me to the F150 I ended up getting. Personal preference I suppose but I also had a bunch of small things go wrong in the GM...nothing crazy but enough to annoy me. GM's HD trucks are nice but for the regular trucks, F150 is hard to beat all around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2015, 02:14:53 PM »
You aint kiddn, those Raptors are king of awesome.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2015, 03:17:10 PM »
My first truck was a 1967 Chevy with a glass pack.  I've since had a Ford Ranger (loved it), a Nissan Frontier (still got it), a Toyota something or other that i didn't keep but a year and one other that I can't remember. 

The F150 I'm looking at is essentially a car with a truck body.  It's a big sonofa...  But the inside has pretty much everything my BMW has with the exception of automatic wipers and some other small perks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2015, 03:30:00 PM »

There is a little vent you can open on the window for the air to blow in more. The A/C either doesn't work properly or it doesn't have one, so that will come in handy.

I only smoked Winstons and Marlboros in my teens because it was cool. The ole tank I drove back then had the window vent you speak of, which made smoking even cooler.  Admittedly smoking is still pretty cool, but I no longer do it. However, I do miss those windows on a truck.

As for no A/C. For me, swapping to a more "economical" vehicle in college meant a 1984 S10 Blazer which, aside from being the same age as me, had neither A/C nor heat. I learned to bum a lot of rides and date girls with a sense of humor.

And while I didn't walk to school uphill both ways, I did learn to schedule Spring Semester classes later in the day once I survived January of freshman year. A 7AM Intro to Animal Science class at Ham Wilson Arena was enough to convince me I'd rather be hot with no A/C then frozen with no heat, if I ever had the option to choose.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 09:30:39 AM by Catphish Tilly »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2015, 03:36:49 PM »
My first truck was a 1967 Chevy with a glass pack.  I've since had a Ford Ranger (loved it), a Nissan Frontier (still got it), a Toyota something or other that i didn't keep but a year and one other that I can't remember. 

The F150 I'm looking at is essentially a car with a truck body.  It's a big sonofa...  But the inside has pretty much everything my BMW has with the exception of automatic wipers and some other small perks.

If you like it do it man. Big downsize might be fuel mileage for you. It'll also take getting used to the size compared to the BMW, and you likely won't zip around with as much swiftness... but you'll adjust and likely not regret it a bit. As for comfort, I'm a taller guy and having gone from full size truck to midsize SUV, I can't get back to a pickup fast enough.

And I can't count the times I've cussed while attaching a friggin' trailer to the 4runner to do a job I used to handle without a second thought back when I had a truck bed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2015, 03:23:14 PM »
Which one of you assholes is riding around Ross bridge with an auburn "tigerx" tag
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2015, 03:39:33 PM »
Which one of you assholes is riding around Ross bridge with an auburn "tigerx" tag

Damn.  My tag is due for renewal this month and I was planning to get that for the funs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Yoda

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2015, 10:01:43 PM »
Please to be updating this thread periodically over the next 6 months or so.  The Yukon is 8 years old now and has about 150K on it.  I am trying to convince the wife that her 12 year old Honda is still just fine and I need teh new truck.  I have been looking at the Sierra and the F-One Fiddy a lot lately, and can't decide which I like better.  I told myself after 2008 not to buy a GM vehicle again because they took my money to keep overcharging us for their vehicles, but I love the look of the Sierra.

I would go with the Ford.  Last year bought a brand new 4x4 Sierra.  At 8,000 miles the AC blew up. 1500 miles later front driver side bearing was leaking.  I also notice that occasionally between acceleration and deceleration it makes a clunking noise in the rear.  Was told today while having it serviced "that is normal".  Lot of small issues that you don't expect for a new vehicle.  Flip side is you are right it is a great looking truck and also rides great.  Very comfortable as well.  The Ford is a good looking truck as well but have never owned one.  I've owned a lot of Toyotas, very dependable, but the trucks have terrible gas mileage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

GH2001

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2015, 09:14:30 AM »
I would go with the Ford.  Last year bought a brand new 4x4 Sierra.  At 8,000 miles the AC blew up. 1500 miles later front driver side bearing was leaking.  I also notice that occasionally between acceleration and deceleration it makes a clunking noise in the rear.  Was told today while having it serviced "that is normal".  Lot of small issues that you don't expect for a new vehicle.  Flip side is you are right it is a great looking truck and also rides great.  Very comfortable as well.  The Ford is a good looking truck as well but have never owned one.  I've owned a lot of Toyotas, very dependable, but the trucks have terrible gas mileage.

Sounds like you had same issues with the GM Full size truck as me. And they also told me it was normal and expected.... Serious clark?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2015, 09:29:15 AM »
Some of you guys on here are better suited for a Honda Ridgeline....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2015, 09:38:24 AM »
I'm going today and it this little sales guy can get the numbers close I'm coming out of a BMW for the first time in seven years. 

The truck has every single amenity my BMW has except for the "prestige"

Somebody talk me out of it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2015, 10:00:57 AM »
I'm going today and it this little sales guy can get the numbers close I'm coming out of a BMW for the first time in seven years. 

Not gonna' try.  I love this ride more every time I get in it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2015, 10:02:24 AM »

I don't know if this will sway you one way or another but I think you'll look less gay in the F-150. But I don't know if you'll look like any less of a prick. Send some pics in both and we'll judge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2015, 10:05:12 AM »
Nah. Do it man. You'll be pleased.

Heck, if the Ford I'm eyeing is still on the lot Saturday after next, I'm trading the 4runner for one myself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2015, 10:19:29 AM »
Love my 2012 4 door Jeep Wrangler.

:add:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2015, 11:37:59 AM »
if it makes your dick look bigger then go for it...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2015, 11:46:11 AM »
if it makes your dick look bigger then go for it...

Sound advice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."