Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Something Women Like About A Pick Up Man

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Something Women Like About A Pick Up Man
« on: September 10, 2015, 08:56:09 PM »
Took the plunge about 5 hours ago and signed off on a Ford F-150.  I'm in love!!  Drove a Ford Sexpedition til the wheels fell off about 2 years ago.  200K plus miles and many memories.  When I started looking around, window shopping on Sundays, I was sticker shocked.  If I wanted another Sexpedition, I'd need to plunk down 50 large for a base model.  I looked at everything from Ford to Chevy to Toyota to Nissan.  Needed an SUV.  Finally decided on the Nissan Pathfinder.  Absolutely the best value out there.  The body style and interior had completely changed.  Got just about the most loaded Pathfinder they had for $38K. 

Two years and 50,000+ miles later, I'm completely happy with it.  If you're in the market for an SUV, don't rule it out.  Solid...and tons of room.  But suddenly, we needed a truck.  The wife started a business with some other ladies, which a large part of is taking old furniture etc. chalk painting and refurbishing it and selling it. They rented a building and just recently got started.  In less than 3 months, we've borrowed her father's or someone else's truck about 10-15 times.  It became obvious real quick that we either needed a trailer and a place to store it...or we needed a truck. 

My buddy has been an F-150 man forever.  He trades every year for a new one because he literally puts 100,000 miles a year on em'.  Having driven a Sexpedition (F-150 without the bed) for years, I loved his but I never really needed a full size truck.  Until now. Well, it hit just right.  Dealers are trying to purge the lots of the 2015's.  I've driven Silverado's, Rams and Toyota's.  The Nissan trucks are just ugly and way overpriced.  The Ford is just the shiznit to me.  Local Ford dealership was knocking off $8K-$10K on the F-150's.  A little negotiating and I got a couple more thousand off.  Not a 4X4, which I absolutely have no need for, but I got one loaded the frick out for $40K. 

Okay, not that paying almost the same thing I did for our first house should be considered a "deal"...but in this day and age, not bad. And as a bonus...my first payment of $5,894.00 a month isn't due until October 24th. :)  Srsly, this damn thing amazes me.  Bells, whistles, Serious radio, weather fucking radar, navigation, LED lights in the bed that illuminate the night and other shit I'll never learn how to work.  I don't even know how to download videos to Facebook. 

Payments be damned.  I love this truck. If you're in the market for something new..this is the time. What's your preference?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: Something Women Like About A Pick Up Man
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 09:15:26 PM »
I'm a Lexus man, but it's hard to beat a Ford when it comes to hauling capacity.

Congrats on the purchase.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 09:31:30 PM by Pell City Tiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 09:20:12 PM »
IIts'm a Lexus man, but it's hard to beat a Ford when it comes to hauling capacity.

Congrats on the purchase.

Damn man.  That's almost exactly my truck.  If that thing was an extend-a-cab, I'd be wondering if you were stalking me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 09:29:15 PM »
I was in Michigan in July visiting relatives after a business trip to Ontario. The day before garbage pickup, people in trucks like this will drive through the neighborhoods picking up anything salvageable that they can haul off to the recycling centers.

One guy and his son came down the street in a Ford truck. They had this thing loaded down like you wouldn't believe. My uncle said they were "scrappers" and made their living rooting through people's trash to get whatever metal they could find. This guy had probably 2 tons of junk loaded into the bed of that truck and it was holding its own. Damn sturdy set of springs on the rear axle.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 09:31:00 PM by Pell City Tiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 09:57:27 PM »
Took the plunge about 5 hours ago and signed off on a Ford F-150.  I'm in love!!  Drove a Ford Sexpedition til the wheels fell off about 2 years ago.  200K plus miles and many memories.  When I started looking around, window shopping on Sundays, I was sticker shocked.  If I wanted another Sexpedition, I'd need to plunk down 50 large for a base model.  I looked at everything from Ford to Chevy to Toyota to Nissan.  Needed an SUV.  Finally decided on the Nissan Pathfinder.  Absolutely the best value out there.  The body style and interior had completely changed.  Got just about the most loaded Pathfinder they had for $38K. 

Two years and 50,000+ miles later, I'm completely happy with it.  If you're in the market for an SUV, don't rule it out.  Solid...and tons of room.  But suddenly, we needed a truck.  The wife started a business with some other ladies, which a large part of is taking old furniture etc. chalk painting and refurbishing it and selling it. They rented a building and just recently got started.  In less than 3 months, we've borrowed her father's or someone else's truck about 10-15 times.  It became obvious real quick that we either needed a trailer and a place to store it...or we needed a truck. 

My buddy has been an F-150 man forever.  He trades every year for a new one because he literally puts 100,000 miles a year on em'.  Having driven a Sexpedition (F-150 without the bed) for years, I loved his but I never really needed a full size truck.  Until now. Well, it hit just right.  Dealers are trying to purge the lots of the 2015's.  I've driven Silverado's, Rams and Toyota's.  The Nissan trucks are just ugly and way overpriced.  The Ford is just the shiznit to me.  Local Ford dealership was knocking off $8K-$10K on the F-150's.  A little negotiating and I got a couple more thousand off.  Not a 4X4, which I absolutely have no need for, but I got one loaded the frick out for $40K. 

Okay, not that paying almost the same thing I did for our first house should be considered a "deal"...but in this day and age, not bad. And as a bonus...my first payment of $5,894.00 a month isn't due until October 24th. :)  Srsly, this damn thing amazes me.  Bells, whistles, Serious radio, weather fucking radar, navigation, LED lights in the bed that illuminate the night and other shit I'll never learn how to work.  I don't even know how to download videos to Facebook. 

Payments be damned.  I love this truck. If you're in the market for something new..this is the time. What's your preference?

Dude.  I'm so, so glad you posted this.  I've been wrestling with it for several months now. 

I love my BMW.  I've got an older Nissan truck.  And my oldest daughter has  a car.  Now I've got to get my younger daughter a vehicle. 

That's just too many.  So my plan was to take the BMW and the 03 Nissan and swap them both at the same time for a new truck and a car for my younger daughter. 

I spent half of yesterday poking around with an F-150 Platinum.  It's drawing me to it. 

True story:  I had convinced myself to turn loose of the BMW yesterday for this truck.  Same thing as Snag -- just absolutely enamored with it.  But they guy selling it was just too close for comfort.  He decided early on that we were "buddies" and started talking.  Found out I was still in the throes of this neverending divorce and he commiserated because he was going through the same thing. His wife signed the papers but they still live together.  And then, I shit you not, this was his commentary:

"Man, we still sleep in the same bed.  My lawyer says not to have sex with her but it's hard.  We still sleep like we always did.  She gets up against my back, reaches over and holds on to my dick like it's a handle.  She goes to sleep like that.  I've done got used to it so it's not like it's getting me up or anything, but it's just weird that this woman I'm divorcing can't go to sleep without squeezing old henry." 

That was it for me.  I spent probably an hour extricating myself from the dealership, working my way through the floor manager, sales manager, etc. etc. etc.  all asking what they could do to put me in the truck today. 

I want the truck i think.  I want THAT particular truck, I think.  But I don't want it from dickhandle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 10:40:45 PM »
Dude.  I'm so, so glad you posted this.  I've been wrestling with it for several months now. 

I love my BMW.  I've got an older Nissan truck.  And my oldest daughter has  a car.  Now I've got to get my younger daughter a vehicle. 

That's just too many.  So my plan was to take the BMW and the 03 Nissan and swap them both at the same time for a new truck and a car for my younger daughter. 

I spent half of yesterday poking around with an F-150 Platinum.  It's drawing me to it. 

True story:  I had convinced myself to turn loose of the BMW yesterday for this truck.  Same thing as Snag -- just absolutely enamored with it.  But they guy selling it was just too close for comfort.  He decided early on that we were "buddies" and started talking.  Found out I was still in the throes of this neverending divorce and he commiserated because he was going through the same thing. His wife signed the papers but they still live together.  And then, I shit you not, this was his commentary:

"Man, we still sleep in the same bed.  My lawyer says not to have sex with her but it's hard.  We still sleep like we always did.  She gets up against my back, reaches over and holds on to my dick like it's a handle.  She goes to sleep like that.  I've done got used to it so it's not like it's getting me up or anything, but it's just weird that this woman I'm divorcing can't go to sleep without squeezing old henry." 

That was it for me.  I spent probably an hour extricating myself from the dealership, working my way through the floor manager, sales manager, etc. etc. etc.  all asking what they could do to put me in the truck today. 

I want the truck i think.  I want THAT particular truck, I think.  But I don't want it from dickhandle.

Okay....I don't know what my buying a truck has to do with some guy you know talking about his estranged wife not being able to sleep without massaging his man-meat. I just wanted the best deal I could get on a bad ass truck.  Could you not post in this thread anymore?  Please?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 07:36:48 AM »

Okay....I don't know what my buying a truck has to do with some guy you know talking about his estranged wife not being able to sleep without massaging his man-meat. I just wanted the best deal I could get on a bad ass truck.  Could you not post in this thread anymore?  Please?

HAHA. 

Sorry.

I want you to convince me to buy this Ford F150 Platinum.  I think want it really badly, but am pretty attached to my BMW.  I had talked myself into buying the Ford before weinerhandle got too chummy and freaked me out.  Now I'm not sure again.  I'm not a big baller like you.  I can't swing the 60K truck, for sure not with having to buy a car for the kid, so this one's used. 2013. Less than 20k miles.  If I can get it for $32k is that a good deal? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 07:42:29 AM »
HAHA. 

Sorry.

I want you to convince me to buy this Ford F150 Platinum.  I think want it really badly, but am pretty attached to my BMW.  I had talked myself into buying the Ford before weinerhandle got too chummy and freaked me out.  Now I'm not sure again.  I'm not a big baller like you.  I can't swing the 60K truck, for sure not with having to buy a car for the kid, so this one's used. 2013. Less than 20k miles.  If I can get it for $32k is that a good deal?

I bought an f150 king ranch in 2009 new. Best decision I've ever made. Still have it now. It's teh awesomes.

There is also a bmw 335 in my driveway as well. And I love it but it's not my truck. I wanna go out for a highway drive the bmw is great. Practicality the truck is hard to beat. Spacious, hauling and the gas mileage is better than people might think. I had a Silverado before this truck and it's not even a close contest. That thing was a pos. Go get it dude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 08:41:56 AM »
If you tow...make sure you get the EcoBoost with Max Tow package. I pulled a travel trailer all over Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Oregon and the truck laughed at mountain passes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 09:23:33 AM »
I bought an f150 king ranch in 2009 new. Best decision I've ever made. Still have it now. It's teh awesomes.

There is also a bmw 335 in my driveway as well. And I love it but it's not my truck. I wanna go out for a highway drive the bmw is great. Practicality the truck is hard to beat. Spacious, hauling and the gas mileage is better than people might think. I had a Silverado before this truck and it's not even a close contest. That thing was a pos. Go get it dude.

F150 AND a B-mer in the driveway.  Baller and shot caller right there.  Yeah, I wasn't even going to consider an F150 until I hit the lots a couple of Sundays ago and saw the mark downs to move the 15's out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 10:11:17 AM »
F150 AND a B-mer in the driveway.  Baller and shot caller right there.  Yeah, I wasn't even going to consider an F150 until I hit the lots a couple of Sundays ago and saw the mark downs to move the 15's out.

2009 and 2012 models respectively...hardly balling. Plus the BMW aint technically mine. She does let me drive it on occasion though. I believe it was what I was in last time I stopped by your area. Long drives to teh Panhandelz are better in it than the big truck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2015, 10:20:11 AM »
Been a Ford guy since I learned to drive. Spent my 15th year of life refurbishing, alongside my old man, the turd-brown F150 4x4 he bought new in 1982. The only truck he ever bought new. After which he handed down to me when I turned 16. There wasn't a mudhole in or near north Jefferson county I didn't trudge that tank through. Dumb kid.

Had to leave it behind for something more economical at Auburn but still hold many fond memories of my dad, the farm, drinks on the tailgate, girls... all that stuff. Wish I'd kept that ole thing. I loved that truck.

Anyway, after graduation and into my newly gainful employment making a 1%-esque $28K, I bought a used '05 F150 because I still had no concept of reality. Needless to say, fresh out of school with student loans, life, and now a truck payment, the Great Recession couldn't have come at a better time for me. But it worked out. And I still loved that truck.

Crossed 200K on it this year. Never had a single maintenance concern other than routine oil and filter changes until this April when it was diagnosed with an oil pump problem common to high mileage in that 5.4 motor. Since the damage was done, I sold it before the problem escalated and bought a 4Runner. I like the 4Runner but miss the truck. Badly.

It's funny you post this because the last few days have found me scouring the internet checking deals on F150s. Best truck on the market.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 10:33:34 AM »
These things that you boys are talking about are not trucks. They are SUV's with a bed.

A truck typically has dents and a rust spot or twelve. It has a rusty chain in the back, a tire tool, an opened bottle of motor oil, some skeeter spray, a cricket cage, hammer head with detachable handle, axe head with a detachable handle, a piece of wood/post, some wet pine straw, various bolts/screws, an empty viener can and empty American beer bottles or cans. I took inventory.

A whiskey bottle may be in a brown paper bag behind or under the seat.

There is a little vent you can open on the window for the air to blow in more. The A/C either doesn't work properly or it doesn't have one, so that will come in handy.

Usually, it was made before 1980 and you have to roll the windows up with a handle, not push a button. The back seat is the folding chair that I failed to mention that you keep back there with all the other stuff in the bed.

No offense, but typically, pussies don't drive trucks. They just think that they do.

But the F-150 SUV sounds really nice. Carry on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 10:44:03 AM »
Semi-Keen, but the mustang truck,  :tongue:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 11:15:52 AM »

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

That might be the ugliest POS I have ever seen, I just threw-up in my mouth a little.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 11:21:15 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2015, 11:20:31 AM »
Snaggle consider me disappointed you didn't go Raptor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2015, 11:26:26 AM »

What, no Latino Gang tags on the hood?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2015, 11:33:01 AM »
Please to be updating this thread periodically over the next 6 months or so.  The Yukon is 8 years old now and has about 150K on it.  I am trying to convince the wife that her 12 year old Honda is still just fine and I need teh new truck.  I have been looking at the Sierra and the F-One Fiddy a lot lately, and can't decide which I like better.  I told myself after 2008 not to buy a GM vehicle again because they took my money to keep overcharging us for their vehicles, but I love the look of the Sierra.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2015, 11:42:13 AM »
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

That might be the ugliest POS I have ever seen, I just threw-up in my mouth a little.

If not that one maybe this one is the ugliest. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2015, 11:44:40 AM »
Please to be updating this thread periodically over the next 6 months or so.  The Yukon is 8 years old now and has about 150K on it.  I am trying to convince the wife that her 12 year old Honda is still just fine and I need teh new truck.  I have been looking at the Sierra and the F-One Fiddy a lot lately, and can't decide which I like better.  I told myself after 2008 not to buy a GM vehicle again because they took my money to keep overcharging us for their vehicles, but I love the look of the Sierra.
Feel the same about post 2008 GM. Will never buy another new GM for that very reason. Ford didn't need our tax money.

GM took our tax money and they still likely have the $100k a year janitors. That was a big fuck you to the American taxpayer by the auto workers union imo. That was a very bad period of business for me. I didn't get a bail out package, so fuck GM.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com