Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Game Thread

jmar

Re: Game Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2015, 06:48:51 PM »
Where is our containment?  This is fucking garbage ball we are playing on BOTH sides of the ball.  A lot of work needed for this team or we are looking at another mediocre year.
We were teetering between the 2-3 loss total anyway realistically. What is and will be our saving grace is how well our defense progresses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2015, 06:51:17 PM »
Oh, and thanks for being a total screwup, Bobby! Fuck you! War Eagle! 1-0
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2015, 07:09:01 PM »
TAKE A DEEP FUCKING BREATH. UNDERSTAND THAT WE PLAYED AS MANY AS FIVE GAMES THAT CAME DOWN TO THE FINAL POSSESSION IN 2010 . We lost to LSU in 2013. tOSU lost to Va Tech last season and TCU is already being dissed for their recent narrow win.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2015, 07:19:10 PM »
This is not a sprint...more like a chaptered book. We will have our better passing and running games but what matters most is how much our defense progresses and I can tell you now that we will be a contender based on  what I saw from our defense in game one.

A Bobby Petrino offense is not easy to defend and yeah, I always want a shutout.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2015, 08:13:39 PM »
Not encouraged by much I saw.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2015, 08:25:20 PM »
Super encouraged.  The D is 10X better than anything since Tuberville.  The offense struggling was a combination of yes...JJ going full tard at times...and yes....Malzahn and Lashlee going super short bus full tard.  Louisville did what they did doing the full-on..we're behind.... garbage, scrambling gotta' make something happen mode.  Straight up....our D was DAMN GOOD!!!!

Give it next week to work out the offensive kinks.  I like what I saw.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2015, 08:30:07 PM »
Like Snaggle, I like how far our D has come but I am concerned with the Matthew injury. I am a little concerned with the mistakes JJ made but this may have been something needed to bring him off his perch with all the pre-Heisman hype. Barber is a fn beast and to think who all we have in the backfield. Few penalties but they came at the worse times especially on the long TD pass. I will say that frosh at QB for Loserville is pretty damn good and will give lots of teams fits.

Overall, B- for the offense and B+ for the D.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2015, 08:51:44 PM »
Johnson is still in the heisman race!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2015, 09:08:57 PM »
Johnson is still in the heisman race!

WOW, must be a weak race. A lot of throws of the back foot.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2015, 09:22:44 PM »
Johnson can't win the Heisman with this underwhelming receiving corps.

I'm going to give Dameyune Craig two weeks before I start rating his skill level as a position coach with that of Trooper Taylor.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2015, 09:30:26 PM »
Johnson can't win the Heisman with this underwhelming receiving corps.

I'm going to give Dameyune Craig two weeks before I start rating his skill level as a position coach with that of Trooper Taylor.

You are joking right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2015, 09:40:58 PM »
You are joking right?
No sir. It matters not to me if Dameyune Craig, Bo Jackson or Cam fucking Newton is the receivers coach/ace recruiter. Teach these kids to work their way open and give their QB an alternative. A double covered Duke Williams is not our only option. Where are the RBs,  the wheel, the tight end, the intermediate routes etc.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2015, 09:44:58 PM »
No sir. It matters not to me if Dameyune Craig, Bo Jackson or Cam fucking Newton is the receivers coach/ace recruiter. Teach these kids to work their way open and give their QB an alternative. A double covered Duke Williams is not our only option. Where are the RBs,  the wheel, the tight end, the intermediate routes etc.

Umm, well there we such throws bit JJ was pushing for the big plays. Also, there were such throws as you mentioned which resulted in 1st downs and a called back TD. Matter of fact Ricardo Lewis had more receiving yards if I'm not mistaken.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2015, 09:53:13 PM »
JJ fucking must not know how to throw the damn ball away. Instead he forced a terrible pass. He was lucky to walk away with only three picks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

jmar

« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2015, 09:56:13 PM »
JJ fucking must not know how to throw the damn ball away. Instead he forced a terrible pass. He was lucky to walk away with only three picks.
He had a bad night with his choices, no doubt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2015, 09:59:53 PM »
You are all idiots.
Nope, I'm the only idiot for criticizing an Auburn icon like Craig.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2015, 10:13:15 PM »
Nope, I'm the only idiot for criticizing an Auburn icon like Craig.

If criticism is due then no problemo. This wasn't on Craig. I saw Malzahn/Lashlee make two bone headed calls, the OL make one legit bad hold and JJ make four bad throws with three being intercepted. The WRs did their job with the exception of Ray dropping an easy catch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2015, 10:17:52 PM »
How the hell did UL not get one holding called against them?  Seems to be a trend that teams playing against AU just never hold.  Fucking jerseys were being torn while that QB was running all over the place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2015, 10:25:31 PM »
How the hell did UL not get one holding called against them?  Seems to be a trend that teams playing against AU just never hold.  Fucking jerseys were being torn while that QB was running all over the place.

Thats because we are SEC....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2015, 10:34:35 PM »
If criticism is due then no problemo. This wasn't on Craig. I saw Malzahn/Lashlee make two bone headed calls, the OL make one legit bad hold and JJ make four bad throws with three being intercepted. The WRs did their job with the exception of Ray dropping an easy catch.
I can agree that Gus/Lashlee never had us in a sucessful rythym. But each receiver has a responsibility to get open and I don't think Louisville has a top shelf pass defense. The picks are easy to point out. I don't want JJ running.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions