Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Cocks vs the Fighting Chiziks

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Cocks vs the Fighting Chiziks
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 04:35:57 PM »
Time to play so the 24/7 non-stop, over-saturation of analysis, predictions and lame ass, repetitive talk shows will take a break for a while.

PAWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: roosters vs the Fighting Chiziks
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 04:44:34 PM »

The lead up to this season has been quieter to me than I would've expected. Then again, my attention has been directed in a lot of other areas and a lot moreso than just football this year. The anticipation just hasn't been there.

However, that has changed today. Reading this post as well as THS response sparked that ole early Fall feeling that I've been missing. The realization of being less than an hour away from jetting from work to rendezvous at On Tap for some cold delicious beverages, wings, and college football kickoff has helped solidify that.
The feeling that someday soon your life will no longer be yours...that the trash needs to be taken out, that your opinion doesn't matter anymore....things like that
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2015, 06:09:03 PM »
There's actually quite a few intriguing games tonight. Not sure if any of them will be good, but...

USCe vs. UNC*.

Spurrier, SEC opener, Chizik's return. That's enough to get me to watch.

Michigan vs. Utah

If any new coach has the ability and potential to make a huge impact on college football, it's Harbaugh at Michigan. It's not an easy win going to Utah to play a pretty decent Pac 10 team. I'll be interested in how different Michigan looks.

TCU vs. Minnesota

Probably the most overlooked game for tonight. It's the #2 ranked team in the country on the road in its opener. Minnesota for some reason has been a media darling the past few years, but supposedly, they should have one of the better Big 10 defenses this season.

Western Kentucky @ Vanderbilt

Well, it is an SEC team sorta. Vandy was an embarrassment last season. Derek Mason is on the hotseat, so it's always fun watching a millionaire coach get fired. #OccupyBadFootballTeams
Re: Hilltoppers v. Dores.
Finebaum noted that it was 2011 since a FCS was favored over a Power Five-LaTech over Ole Miss.

And Utah IS one tough place to play...they have a marginally decent team by their standards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2015, 08:20:35 PM »
I think that it's USC's QB and overall offensive performance that is making Chiz's d look legit. And USC d isn't much improved so far. Painful to watch.

I sure hope we don't start like this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2015, 08:21:26 PM »
Spurious has no QB. Mitch is slow and cannot see the game. The backup Porthos, Athos, Orthos (or whatever)looked pretty good for a coupe of plays. And he is quicker.

Chizik's defense looking decent.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 08:42:10 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2015, 09:13:40 PM »
Spurious has no QB. Mitch is slow and cannot see the game. The backup Porthos, Athos, Orthos (or whatever)looked pretty good for a coupe of plays. And he is quicker.

Chizik's defense looking decent.

Agreed, the backup looked better. Mitch played poorly and his attitude was worse. Both teams looked bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2015, 10:12:07 PM »
This Vandy game has me on the edge of my seat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2015, 10:35:56 PM »
This Vandy game has me on the edge of my seat.

You and the rest of the country.

UNC should have beat that ass by 20.  Huge mistakes in the red zone and numerous referee frick ups.  Damn the refs were bad.  But USCe got the job done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2015, 10:42:03 PM »
Bold prediction; USCe and Vandy will fight for the bottom of the SEC!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2015, 07:20:20 AM »
You and the rest of the country.

UNC should have beat that ass by 20.  Huge mistakes in the red zone and numerous referee frick ups.  Damn the refs were bad.  But USCe got the job done.

Well if they made that many mistakes, should they really have? UNC played better when they werent making mistakes. SC made less mistakes. Crap shoot there. I saw some bad ref calls on both, especially that PF call to start the game on SC when they tackled that little shit right when he went out of bounds (the cocky little white RB/WR for UNC). Then there was the Delay of Game penalty as the FIRST play of the year on SC...thanks Connor Mitch. How do you get a dead ball foul to start the year???

Both looked like blind retards in a pillow fight. Although Chiz's D looked good. SC is gonna be in trouble in conference if they don't get any better. The whole game was just atrocious.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 07:23:08 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2015, 09:55:50 AM »
Bold prediction; USCe and Vandy will fight for the bottom of the SEC!

And that will do it for the Ole' ball coach. I think he is ready for golf 5 days a week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

dallaswareagle

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2015, 09:58:09 AM »
I'm more interested in the Meetchicken vs Utah game.  Curious to see if Harbaugh can do anything with the team in year 1

Typical Big 10 football team. Slow, very slow. And I now know why Iowa let that QB leave.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions