Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Obama shows true colors again

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Obama shows true colors again
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 10:29:00 AM »

For us simpletons:  He was going to give them a bunch of free shit.

Yes but in the guise of "caring for them" and "being on their side". Just as if it were from the pulpit of the AME church. Preach it. Tell the sheeple what they wanna hear. No one votes against the hand that feeds it.

Just like his hero Alinsky wrote about in Rules for Radicals. 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 10:30:53 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 12:40:21 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 08:19:17 PM »
This will likely fall on deaf ears, but:

A) Cops killing civilians will be judged differently from civilian shooter situations.
B) A shooter's ethnicity (and his/her targets) are important to understanding his/her motive.

If you cannot understand why the above statements are true, then you are being deliberately ignorant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 09:35:58 PM »

A) Cops killing civilians will be judged differently from civilian shooter situations.
B) A shooter's ethnicity (and his/her targets) are important to understanding his/her motive.

If you cannot understand why the above statements are true, then you are being deliberately ignorant.

In my opinion every time someone commits a horrific act of violence the media immediately launches into full coverage on the killer and whatever demented reasoning brought them to murder. Bonus points for an utterly insane manifesto, which will be poured over for haunting excerpts.

Here's the thing though: every time we do that the next lunatic thinks (correctly) to himself "nobody ever seems to listen to my idiotic ramblings, but if I kill a few people, then people will listen". Now, that thought would never occur to you or I, because we aren't bat shoot crazy. However, if you were crazy, and you did have some sort of lunatic agenda you would look at the fame of the columbine killers, the boston bombers, the theater shooter, the church shooter (notice I'm not naming names) and so on and so forth. Everyone knows their names, the media has interviewed their families and co-workers and gone into endless details about what they think might have brought them to kill. We literally KNOW this most recent shooting was sparked by the media coverage of the church shooting.

There is no political motive that justifies killing the innocent, so we should not lend killers the platform. All murderers should be referred to as "murderous asshole" or something similar and there should be no media discussion of their motivations/manifestos/reasonings. Maybe, just maybe, if we stop glorifiying/publicizing this kind of idiocy it will plug the hole our failing mental health system is leaving open.

tl;dr The general public doesn't NEED to understand a killers motive, it does more harm than good.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 09:37:50 PM by smooth_operator »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2015, 09:53:15 PM »

Also, even though I'm not one to publicly question our Commander and Chief if you're using the above rationale for the White House response to ferguson/trayvon/whoeverthatguyfromNYCwas compared to other hot button issues I'm afraid this time I can't agree with you. So far the CiC has been, on those issues and in my opinion: unnecessarily divisive, contrary to law, contrary to evidence and contrary to established social science. I can't imagine why a learned, progressive leader would chose to react that way but there it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2015, 12:21:56 AM »
Could not be more spot on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2015, 10:45:59 AM »
The "Reverend President" giving the eulogy in Charleston:

CHARLESTON, S.C. – President Barack Obama brought a crowd 5,500 mourners to their feet and led them in singing “Amazing Grace” in an act of defiance Friday against the hatred that fueled the killings of nine African-Americans at the legendary Mother Emanuel church a block and a half away — a eulogy that was also a call to action to battle the systemic racism that he said the attack must force America to confront.

The "Black President" in response to the Virginia shootings:

"It's a testimony in this case to the fact that local journalists, they go into tough places. This isnt one of those situations. They should have been safe. I think it's one more argument for why we need to look at how we can reduce gun violence in this country."

The DOJ is opening a hate crime investigation into the Charleston shootings.  And all Confederate flags must be brought down and burned.  White people are the devil.

We need to take all the guns away.  Black people wouldn't act up if white folks didn't give them guns. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2015, 09:59:37 AM »
Also, even though I'm not one to publicly question our Commander and Chief if you're using the above rationale for the White House response to ferguson/trayvon/whoeverthatguyfromNYCwas compared to other hot button issues I'm afraid this time I can't agree with you. So far the CiC has been, on those issues and in my opinion: unnecessarily divisive, contrary to law, contrary to evidence and contrary to established social science. I can't imagine why a learned, progressive leader would chose to react that way but there it is.

Who is this you speak of?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'