Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Keep on swimming there

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Keep on swimming there
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 10:00:29 AM »
There is a creepiness about not knowing whats under the surface. At least with the ocean everything is seen. It freaks people out. So yeah, I get that.

I saw a small shark while I was doing an ocean swim back about a month ago in PCB. Freaked me the F out. Fucker was about 15-20 feet from me...saw the fin come up, then saw him underwater right after. Now, this thing was no bigger than a large cat/med sized dog, but still - it has teeth and is hungry. I quickly made a sharp 90 degree turn back to the shore. There were some schools of minnows in the area so my guess is that was what he was after.

Its ok, the water was prolly cold.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2015, 10:11:05 AM »
You've done tons of races so you've had to train and race in all kinds of water.  While training for the lone sprint tri I did several years back, I was using the one Olympic size pool here in Dothan to train.  We had a storm and lightning hit the building it's in and knocked out a bunch of stuff, leaving the pool closed for weeks.  It was a month before the race and no place to train. I was getting desperate so I made the brilliant decision to drive the 45 minutes up to the in-laws cabin on Eufaula and get my swim on in that slew.  Hey, I had been swimming and skiing in that slew for 25 years.  What could happen?  Got up there and there wasn't a soul around.  Quiet as gator waiting just below the surface.  Walked down to the water....took one sweeping look across the slew...turned around...got in my car...drove back to Dothan. 

I did run/bike/run 3 weeks later.

You should have stole someones lap dog to use as a decoy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2015, 11:14:36 AM »
Not really terrified of the gators. Certainly not such a pussy that I would drive 45 min to swim and then chicken out.

Having killed a panther with a pocket knife and growing up an avid outdoorsman, that probably gives me the confidence to know I can handle a gator. The same confidence that drunk guy in La. had a while back, where the "Warning: No Swimming--Alligators" signs were posted.

But, I have been pretty close to gators while in the boat and I've never seen or even heard of a gator attacking somebody in broad daylight UNLESS there is a dog around. The dog makes a big difference. They like Chihuahua, schnauzer, Great Dane, you name it.

Numerous stories in S Fla of Pam walking Bitsy down the bike trail and Losing half a leg and all of Bitsy.

When I was a kid, I can remember an armless traveling preacher coming to our church one Sunday. The best I recollect, he lost all of one and part of the other at Point A in Covington Co. while on an afternoon stroll with his dog. They stepped in to cool off. I think he tried to save the dog but I don't recall that part.

Sharks on the other hand? WT don't mess with.

"Let's go out to the sandbar and drink some beer WT"

No thanks guys, just leave me some Bush Light here on the beach and I'll be just fine here.

Had a buddy attacked by a freaking sand shark while fishing in the Bay. Smaller than what GH described probably. He said it was like a big catfish. Tore his ass up, or his calf and shin. It was a bunch of stitches.

Sharks is sneaky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2015, 11:27:03 AM »
Numerous stories in S Fla of Pam walking Bitsy down the bike trail and Losing half a leg and all of Bitsy.

When I was a kid, I can remember an armless traveling preacher coming to our church one Sunday. The best I recollect, he lost all of one and part of the other at Point A in Covington Co. while on an afternoon stroll with his dog. They stepped in to cool off. I think he tried to save the dog but I don't recall that part.

That reminds me of a story

I was walking the beach one day and I saw this women sitting in a chair with no arms or legs.  I decided to stand and watch from a distance.

A fellow beach walker happened by and I heard the woman say. "Excuse me sir, I have never been hugged before can you do me a favor and hug me?"
The man stopped and gave the woman a hug.

I noticed as he was walking away she yelled out to him, "Excuse me sir! I'm sorry but I have never been kissed before, can you kiss me too?"

He seemed irritated but still went over and gave the woman a kiss.

As he is walking away the woman says,"One more thing sir! I have never been fucked before, can you fuck me?" At this point the beach walker seemed pissed yelled hell no and ran away.

Being the Godfather I decided to help the woman out.

I said "I believe I can help you ma'am". So I picked her up, tossed her in the ocean and said;

"YOU'RE FUCKED NOW!"

Good times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2015, 11:29:45 AM »
That reminds me of a story

I was walking the beach one day and I saw this women sitting in a chair with no arms or legs.  I decided to stand and watch from a distance.

A fellow beach walker happened by and I heard the woman say. "Excuse me sir, I have never been hugged before can you do me a favor and hug me?"
The man stopped and gave the woman a hug.

I noticed as he was walking away she yelled out to him, "Excuse me sir! I'm sorry but I have never been kissed before, can you kiss me too?"

He seemed irritated but still went over and gave the woman a kiss.

As he is walking away the woman says,"One more thing sir! I have never been fucked before, can you fuck me?" At this point the beach walker seemed pissed yelled hell no and ran away.

Being the Godfather I decided to help the woman out.

I said "I believe I can help you ma'am". So I picked her up, tossed her in the ocean and said;

"YOU'RE FUCKED NOW!"

Good times.
You know, I thought that I knew you and I do think that you can be a little harsh at times but this was over the line.

That was a really cruel thing to do, asshole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2015, 12:21:53 PM »
I met a guy from just south of Thibodaux, Louisiana one time who hunted alligators for a living. Everybody around south Louisiana said he was a hell of a man. Didn't matter how big or mean the gator was, he could trap it.  And the unique thing was he'd just use one hand.  Well, he had to because a gator bit his left arm off at the elbow. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2015, 01:15:07 PM »

Its ok, the water was prolly cold.

Was extremely warm...late July, Florida.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2015, 01:37:01 PM »
I met a guy from just south of Thibodaux, Louisiana one time who hunted alligators for a living. Everybody around south Louisiana said he was a hell of a man. Didn't matter how big or mean the gator was, he could trap it.  And the unique thing was he'd just use one hand.  Well, he had to because a gator bit his left arm off at the elbow.
I've heard of him. He was the son of Dr. Mills South and his pretty wife Hannah.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2015, 01:41:30 PM »
I've heard of him. He was the son of Dr. Mills South and his pretty wife Hannah.

Yep.  He got in trouble with the Sheriff for doing some illegal gator hunting.  The Sheriff went looking for him in the swamp but apparently got lost. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2015, 01:44:51 PM »
Wasn't that the couple that raised up a son who could eat up his weight in groceries?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2015, 01:53:34 PM »
Yep.  He got in trouble with the Sheriff for doing some illegal gator hunting.  The Sheriff went looking for him in the swamp but apparently got lost.
Served him right for trying to put the squeeze on some godly poachers trying to eek out a living.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2015, 03:17:39 PM »
The man you guys are talking about was Amos Moses. He actually lived about 45 minutes south of Thibodaux and when he was a kid, his dad would tie a rope around him and use him as alligator bait.

He used to knock the alligators in the head with a stump.

He was named after a man of the cloth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2015, 03:49:21 PM »
The man you guys are talking about was Amos Moses. He actually lived about 45 minutes south of Thibodaux and when he was a kid, his dad would tie a rope around him and use him as alligator bait.

He used to knock the alligators in the head with a stump.

He was named after a man of the cloth.
No, you big dummy. You're thinking of the guy in that song.

This guy we're talking about lived about 45 miles southeast of Thibodaux Louisiana. 45 miles south of Thibodaux will put you in the Gulf of Mexico.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2015, 03:53:30 PM »
No, you big dummy. You're thinking of the guy in that song.

This guy we're talking about lived about 45 miles southeast of Thibodaux Louisiana. 45 miles south of Thibodaux will put you in the Gulf of Mexico.
They made a song about him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions