Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Keep on swimming there

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Keep on swimming there
« on: August 25, 2015, 03:34:48 PM »
Luckily the most like future fatalities are Alabama fans so no real loss.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/920-pound-gator-captured-in-alabama-lake/ar-BBm3b0y
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jmar

Re: Keep on swimming there
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 03:40:25 PM »
Luckily the most like future fatalities are Alabama fans so no real loss.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/920-pound-gator-captured-in-alabama-lake/ar-BBm3b0y
Guess nobody thought to take a pic of the beast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 03:51:04 PM »
Guess nobody thought to take a pic of the beast.
They did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 04:06:46 PM »
I thought the article was going in a different direction:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 04:08:58 PM »
I thought the article was going in a different direction:

Who the hell captioned that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 04:13:51 PM »
They did.

By the way, WOTL (Word on the lake) is they just caught a more bigger one on Eufaula.  Closer to 1,000 pounds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 04:31:59 PM »
By the way, WOTL (Word on the lake) is they just caught a more bigger one on Eufaula.  Closer to 1,000 pounds.
The Eufaula gator was 920 pounds and 13 feet long. There was another caught in Alabama last year - I don't remember where - that was 1,100 pounds and 15 feet long.

These are the top 2 reasons why I only swim in swimming pools.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 04:57:37 PM »
The Eufaula gator was 920 pounds and 13 feet long. There was another caught in Alabama last year - I don't remember where - that was 1,100 pounds and 15 feet long.

I don't think there is whole lot of swimming going on at Lake Eufaula anymore, only a select few locations. I will tell you this, I nor my children went swimming there knowing gators were about. I think the north side of the lake was the most gator concentrated but even then me no swimmeth. If I remember correctly, GH had a run in with the smaller ones as they eyed him while he sipped some cold drink.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 05:07:26 PM »

From the Cool story, bro files.  Several years ago, me and a buddy were fishing on the Chattahoochee. We saw several gators sunning on the banks all during the morning.  Came up on what looked like it could be a monster gator but my buddy says, "Naaa...that's a tree that fell over."

Well get closer, it looks like a gator.

No it's a tree...HOLY SHIT, IT'S A GATOR!!!!

Well, get us the frippity fruck out of here....NOW, DAMN YOU.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and we're up at the in-laws cabin on Eufaula. A gator comes in the slew (sp?) and folks start calling the game warden.  (No, not the same gator) What's the Swamp People show where they "Choot him...CHOOT HIM"?  They send one of those guys out.  He looks and smells like someone from the show but he's official. Got a patch and everything.  He starts casting a big ole treble hook out trying to snag him but the gator keeps avoiding it.  He then set the traps out with the hanging bait like you see on the Choot him show.  Caught him the next day.  Anywayz, long boring story short, I told Swamp Thing about the gator we saw and he knew exactly what and where we were talking about.  He said he had traps out for it now and it was 14 feet and well over 1,000 pounds. 

All I know is we were in a boat and he was on the shore....and if he had even budged an inch, I would have soiled myself and started screaming like a 4 year old.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 05:15:29 PM »
From the Cool story, bro files.  Several years ago, me and a buddy were fishing on the Chattahoochee. We saw several gators sunning on the banks all during the morning.  Came up on what looked like it could be a monster gator but my buddy says, "Naaa...that's a tree that fell over."

Well get closer, it looks like a gator.

No it's a tree...HOLY SHIT, IT'S A GATOR!!!!

Well, get us the frippity fruck out of here....NOW, DAMN YOU.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and we're up at the in-laws cabin on Eufaula. A gator comes in the slew (sp?) and folks start calling the game warden.  (No, not the same gator) What's the Swamp People show where they "Choot him...CHOOT HIM"?  They send one of those guys out.  He looks and smells like someone from the show but he's official. Got a patch and everything.  He starts casting a big ole treble hook out trying to snag him but the gator keeps avoiding it.  He then set the traps out with the hanging bait like you see on the Choot him show.  Caught him the next day.  Anywayz, long boring story short, I told Swamp Thing about the gator we saw and he knew exactly what and where we were talking about.  He said he had traps out for it now and it was 14 feet and well over 1,000 pounds. 

All I know is we were in a boat and he was on the shore....and if he had even budged an inch, I would have soiled myself and started screaming like a 4 year old.

Jared Fogle approves this cool story.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 09:39:29 PM »
I don't think there is whole lot of swimming going on at Lake Eufaula anymore, only a select few locations. I will tell you this, I nor my children went swimming there knowing gators were about. I think the north side of the lake was the most gator concentrated but even then me no swimmeth. If I remember correctly, GH had a run in with the smaller ones as they eyed him while he sipped some cold drink.

Yes...theyve eyed me while fishing...and while swimming amongst them. I have to deal with them swimming the hooch for races. And sharks/jellyfish in the effing ocean. I think I need to go back to running full time. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 06:57:49 AM »
Yes...theyve eyed me while fishing...and while swimming amongst them. I have to deal with them swimming the hooch for races. And sharks/jellyfish in the effing ocean. I think I need to go back to running full time.

For some reason all the dangerous shit in the ocean never bothered me.  I guess spending so much time in it but something about gators in murky water just fucks with my head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 07:46:28 AM »
For some reason all the dangerous shit in the ocean never bothered me.  I guess spending so much time in it but something about gators in murky water just fucks with my head.
They will also hide under your bed. I hate that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 08:21:48 AM »
They will also hide under your bed. I hate that.
I've seen one spar with three tigers-ended in a draw.They will also leap out of a toilet bowl and bite that ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2015, 08:28:44 AM »
Wally Gator was the first alligator to come out of the closet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2015, 08:47:24 AM »
Momma says gators ar ornery cause dey gots all dem teef and no toofbrush.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2015, 08:50:23 AM »
Momma says gators ar ornery cause dey gots all dem teef and no toofbrush.

Somthins wrong wif dat boy's medulla oblongata
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 09:44:27 AM »

There is a creepiness about not knowing whats under the surface. At least with the ocean everything is seen. It freaks people out. So yeah, I get that.

I saw a small shark while I was doing an ocean swim back about a month ago in PCB. Freaked me the F out. Fucker was about 15-20 feet from me...saw the fin come up, then saw him underwater right after. Now, this thing was no bigger than a large cat/med sized dog, but still - it has teeth and is hungry. I quickly made a sharp 90 degree turn back to the shore. There were some schools of minnows in the area so my guess is that was what he was after.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2015, 09:49:17 AM »
There is a creepiness about not knowing whats under the surface. At least with the ocean everything is seen. It freaks people out. So yeah, I get that.

I saw a small shark while I was doing an ocean swim back about a month ago in PCB. Freaked me the F out. Fucker was about 15-20 feet from me...saw the fin come up, then saw him underwater right after. Now, this thing was no bigger than a large cat/med sized dog, but still - it has teeth and is hungry. I quickly made a sharp 90 degree turn back to the shore. There were some schools of minnows in the area so my guess is that was what he was after.
It was just curious...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2015, 09:56:18 AM »

You've done tons of races so you've had to train and race in all kinds of water.  While training for the lone sprint tri I did several years back, I was using the one Olympic size pool here in Dothan to train.  We had a storm and lightning hit the building it's in and knocked out a bunch of stuff, leaving the pool closed for weeks.  It was a month before the race and no place to train. I was getting desperate so I made the brilliant decision to drive the 45 minutes up to the in-laws cabin on Eufaula and get my swim on in that slew.  Hey, I had been swimming and skiing in that slew for 25 years.  What could happen?  Got up there and there wasn't a soul around.  Quiet as gator waiting just below the surface.  Walked down to the water....took one sweeping look across the slew...turned around...got in my car...drove back to Dothan. 

I did run/bike/run 3 weeks later.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions