Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

One Game At A Time!

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
One Game At A Time!
« on: August 28, 2015, 10:21:05 AM »
So, in doing some scouting/analysis for Gus this a.m., I noticed that Ville has 3 transfer starters on offense and 2 on defense.

The two on defense you may have heard of if you follow the recruiting. I think we recruited both. Harvey-Clemmons and Shaq Wiggins. Both transferred from Ga. (were these guys involved in the theft incident that Marshall was in on?)

Anywho, Bobby getting in the talent from the transfer avenue. And looking down the list of starters, appears there are mostly SR and Jr players. Some RS Soph's but looks like they have a lot of experience. I didn't check to see how many started last year.

I haven't kept up with them but didn't they kind of suck last year? I just know this, I don't like him but Bobby P. is a damn good offensive foosball coach. And he'll be gunning for us. I definitely know that this is one that could throw a wet blanket on us if we are not very careful. Let our guys stroll out there and just think that we are going to out 5 star them and it won't be pretty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

Re: One Game At A Time!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 10:52:20 AM »
Take L'ville and the points. Muschamp's D impressive. Auburn wins, Auburn wins!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 10:52:55 AM »
from the dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. that I posted July 20th.  Jeez man, get your head out of your ass.

Louisville

When: Sept. 5 in Atlanta

2014 record: 9-4

Coach: Bobby Petrino, 2nd year (50-13 at Louisville, 92-34 overall)

Returning starters: 5 offense, 4 defense

2014 rewind: Louisville managed to win nine games in a new offensive and defensive system under Bobby Petrino, whose high-flying passing attack had to develop without Teddy Bridgewater at quarterback. The Cardinals were successful, winning road games at Notre Dame, Syracuse and Boston College. Ten players were selected in the NFL Draft, the second most in the country, further depleting a stellar defense and robbing the Cardinals of their best receiver (DeVante Parker).

What to expect: Louisville doesn't know who will start at quarterback, and that's a big issue. Will Gardner started seven games last season but suffered the third knee injury of his career and had to sit out the spring. Reggie Bonnafon was great in the spring game, completing 15 of 19 passes for 238 yards to go along with 37 rushing yards, and is the Cardinals' best runner. Kyle Bolin knocked off Kentucky in a 44-40 shootout and Tyler Ferguson, a transfer from Penn State, is just getting warmed up within the program.

The Cardinals could experience some early-season hiccups, which should help Auburn in the season opener Sept. 5 at the Georgia Dome.

Louisville's top three receivers are gone, too, but running back Brandon Radcliff returns after a 700-yard season. Keep an eye on James Quick, a former four-star receiver and member of the Paul Hornung Award watch list, tries to step up as the next big thing

Defensively, the Cardinals ranked in the top five nationally, but SEC teams demolished the vaunted defense to the tune of 40 (Kentucky) and 37 points (Georgia). Seven starters depart, but Georgia transfers Josh Harvey-Clemons and Shaq Wiggins arrive to shore up the secondary.

Unit that could hurt Auburn: No matter the quarterback, Petrino always finds a way to put up big numbers. The secondary is considered to be Auburn's weakness and that could be big trouble in Atlanta.

Toughness rating: 7th-toughest game of Auburn's season

Early line: Auburn by 10 1/2
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 11:11:22 AM »
Don't like our recent history of starting slowly. Concerns me that we are cautioned when we have more tools in the box than ever before. I'm not worried about our defense, not with Muschamp calling the shots.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 11:36:26 AM »
I know what they mean with his 2 stints there but it looks strange to see: 2nd year at UL, 50-13.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 11:38:30 AM »
Take L'ville and the points. Muschamp's D impressive.

Um...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 11:39:05 AM »
Um...

Ya know.....I said the same thing and just let it slide.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 11:40:08 AM »
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 11:41:22 AM »
Ya know.....I said the same thing and just let it slide.

Admirable restraint.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 11:43:24 AM »
Admirable restraint.

Although I am eager to hear his retort now that you mentioned it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 11:54:59 AM »
We haven't opened well against okay teams. Petrino will have his ready. Might not matter. If we hammer them I might start keeping step with the rest of you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 11:55:37 AM »
Simple its jmar.

He's one pigeon more than bottomfeeder.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 12:07:24 PM »
Simple its jmar.

He's one pigeon more than bottomfeeder.
No we might can hang 60 on some opponents as the season wears but we aren't opening agaist Western Carolina. It's Petrino and his girlfriend can put up 200 yards passing if he's calling the plays. Moreso is the fact that their D is supposed to be a strong suit. Coo, coo!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2015, 12:37:44 PM »
Loserville has 4 starters returning on D.  They lost to Virginia, Climpsum, FSU and Georgia.  Virginia is horrible.  Losing to Clemson is no disgrace anymore. FSU and Georgia were the only ranked teams they played last year and they got 42 and 37 hung on them respectively.  Had Cap'n Crablegs not had money on the first half of that game, FSU throttles them by 50+. 

Good game for 2 1/2 quarters.  We go up by 2 scores and Lawson & Co. start teeing off on Cardinal quarterbacks.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 06:20:40 PM »
Loserville has 4 starters returning on D.  They lost to Virginia, Climpsum, FSU and Georgia.  Virginia is horrible.  Losing to Clemson is no disgrace anymore. FSU and Georgia were the only ranked teams they played last year and they got 42 and 37 hung on them respectively.  Had Cap'n Crablegs not had money on the first half of that game, FSU throttles them by 50+. 

Good game for 2 1/2 quarters.  We go up by 2 scores and Lawson & Co. start teeing off on Cardinal quarterbacks.   
I only predict the score to be closer than the run of the mill fan thinks.

Malzahn is an offensive genius. Hasn't had a DC that allowed him much leeway in play calling early on in a season and against the tougher teams in the West.

Gus now has both sides of the ball covered. Let's see what kind of Head Coach he really is.
Muschamp also has a OC intent on going for the fucking throat, weapons abound and from what little I've witnessed, the best NFL QB prospect Auburn has ever produced; Cam being the most overall athletically gifted QB, and Superman to us all.

Anyway, it's the perfect combination.

NO EXCUSES. No getting muddled down in play calling or excessive field goals.
Get the team ready to play and let's not go through another finish like last season.

I'm not here just to piss off the goosestepping brownshirts here.
I can drink the Kool -Aid too. But the SOB has got to show me something. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions