Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ben Carson For President

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Ben Carson For President
« Reply #180 on: November 05, 2015, 01:51:07 PM »
First, like I said, his success as a businessman is debatable at best. He inherited the Trump empire from his father. That's just a fact. It has gone bankrupt four times since 1993. That's also just a fact. At best, he was born on third base and thinks he hit a home run.

Fair enough. Although the difference in the "empire" he inherited vs what he built it into today is exponential. Yes, he was born rich and got help from his pop to the tune of a 1 million dollar "loan". But he is worth 10 billion. Thats a big piece of growth, like him or not. He took a good sum of money and multiplied it with business acumen. I dont like the Bankruptcy thing either, but probably for the real reason he did it - which was to get creditors gone. He did it because he could not because he had to. He had admitted he used the law to his advantage. Not that I feel sorry for creditors but it is a little shrewd to do that. And I can see that sitting uneasy with people. It would bother me more that he did it because he could, not because he needed to.

You "common folks" want idiots to run the country. Ok. Seriously, why not Fiorina? I'm not trying to play the gender card, but that's the only reason I can even imagine that puts Trump over her in any measure. What do you like about Trump that isn't true for Fiorina? I can for sure list things I like about Fiorina that isn't true of Trump.

Carly is a total failure on record. Most in the industry know this and will tell it like that. She nearly bankrupted HP. She came in swinging an axe and almost cut her own head off. She uses the dot com bust and complacent good ole boys as excuses to why she failed, but that is crap. She just really sucked at running a company and making important decisions. That said, I dont think that necessarily DQ's her from being Prez. She has some strengths. Shes smart, great on a podium (much like Reagan), quick on her feet and has a shit ton of confidence. Best of all shes the anti Hillary. Sounds weird for me to say it, but I would vote for her.

As a side note, I meant to mention that as much as I think Bernie's economic plans will drive us to ruins, he does at least have one redeeming quality. There is zero point zero percent bullshit. You for sure know what he thinks and he will say it without much calculation. In that regard, he is the anti-Hillary. I at least respect him for that, I just happen to disagree with most of those things he's saying with refreshing honesty.

For the most part, I agree but he has his fair share (pun intended) of BS. He gets plenty of big money (pacs, corporations and lobbyists). He is "bought" more than he wants people to know. But thats his thing, so he rolls with it because it resonates with the anti Hillary dems.

Lastly - THIS is how you have a discussion on candidates. Disagreements, maybe. But with substance and facts. Prowler, take notes from Chizad here.

There is more to political discussion than "He sucks!!! what a fucking moron!!!!! He has a toupee and falls asleep!!! WHOOOO WHOOO!!"
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 01:55:30 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #181 on: November 05, 2015, 07:55:26 PM »
One thing Carson has done is made people start to question the intelligence of Neurosurgeons.

Another quote from Dr. Moron:

"My own personal theory is that Joseph (of the Old Testament) built the pyramids (of Giza) in order to store grain."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kristinakillgrove/2015/11/05/archaeologists-to-ben-carson-ancient-egyptians-wrote-down-why-the-pyramids-were-built/

I honestly believe he, at some point in his career, performed a Lobotomy on himself.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 08:00:23 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2015, 09:34:33 AM »
One thing Carson has done is made people start to question the intelligence of Neurosurgeons.

Another quote from Dr. Moron:

"My own personal theory is that Joseph (of the Old Testament) built the pyramids (of Giza) in order to store grain."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kristinakillgrove/2015/11/05/archaeologists-to-ben-carson-ancient-egyptians-wrote-down-why-the-pyramids-were-built/

I honestly believe he, at some point in his career, performed a Lobotomy on himself.

Did you vote for Barry O?

Because I could cherry pick a plethora of quotes that most would think are asinine from him. Im not excusing some of Ben's comments. I dont agree with him on everything and have said he isn't my preference. But you tend to gloss over others who do the same if not more. Would you have done the same with Joe Biden? He's the dumb quote King. Hillary? Even Jeb has made some stupid statements without repercussion. I understand that being the front runner takes on more scrutiny, but you just seem to have your own little personal war with Mr. Carson. And are going to go and find any ammo you can (unfounded or not) against him while not doing the same for others.

Can we examine ALL candidates dumb statements? And ones that actually are applicable to doing the job as POTUS and not a view of religion or Egypt. I dont know, maybe Hillary lying about classified information and compromising govt operatives' identities. Or "what difference does it make??". Your boy Bernie says "those damn emails" are not important. Are you ok with that???? Thats a more asinine statement than ANY candidate in the race has made. Leaking classified information to Russian and Chinese hackers is not that important. Got it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2015, 09:50:46 AM »
"I always base my vote on a candidate's opinion on ancient Egyptian history," said no sane person ever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2015, 09:55:19 AM »
And various of scientists [sic] have said, ‘Well, you know there were alien beings that came down and they have special knowledge and that’s how, you know, it doesn’t require an alien being when God is with you.’”

This guy is not a scientist...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2015, 01:19:24 PM »
Agree with most. You at least have reasons and legit thoughts behind them.

I really do like Rubio. And would get on board more with kasich if not for his adamant support of common core and aca. But aside from those he makes a lot of sense.

Glad to hear someone else understand the Bernie billionaire rhetoric.
It truly is scaryhow many new voting aged kids like Bernie. That man stands for everything the founding fathers did not want this country to be.

Kasich is a moron though. Ted Cruz is probably the best choice on the stage. He comes off as blunt and arrogant sometimes, but he knows the constitution and is very smart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #186 on: November 06, 2015, 04:54:04 PM »
Has anyone read Carson's Autobiography? Specifically the part about him beating up a couple of people and nearly killing one of them? Yeah, I thought Autobiographies were suppose to be backed up with facts...facts like none of those people were real.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #187 on: November 06, 2015, 05:11:26 PM »
Good grief, people in this country are getting dumber and dumber. Intellectually primative bird-brained parrots.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #188 on: November 06, 2015, 10:08:46 PM »
Good grief, people in this country are getting dumber and dumber. Intellectually primative bird-brained parrots.
Evidenced by Trump & Carson being #1 & #2 in the Republican polls…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #189 on: November 06, 2015, 10:15:08 PM »
Evidenced by Trump & Carson being #1 & #2 in the Republican polls…
And a marxist crook and a crusty old communist being #1 & #2 in the democrat polls...

This country is screwed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #190 on: November 06, 2015, 10:25:02 PM »
And a marxist crook and a crusty old communist being #1 & #2 in the democrat polls...

This country is screwed.
Don't disagree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #192 on: November 07, 2015, 08:43:56 AM »
Don't disagree.

In a sane world- Webb would get the dem ticket. Rubio gets the gop ticket. Whole country would win with either. Like Kennedy/Nixon in 1960 (before Nixon became a sellout).

But I can tell you this: Trump, Carson, Bernie even Carly for an instant - all were and are high in the polls because of being anti-establishment more so than being pro-anything. That stuff resonates with people. Not saying I think any of them are the best candidates but it's why they are all doing so well.

But back to prowlers new hero Comrad Bernie and all those grassroots "under 50 dollars" donors, no pacs or special interests at all. Bernie is such a common man. I wonder what he is doing for American Crystal Sugar company to get those big donations? Surely they are just doing it out of the kindness of their heart and don't expect any vote or favor in return. Not at all.

http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/contrib.php?cid=n00000528&cycle=2014
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 09:00:25 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #193 on: November 23, 2015, 05:40:42 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2015, 09:02:33 AM »
This guy is #2 for the GOP...

Ben Carson doesn't know about the Constitution...

He will not be #2 for very much longer. Esp if this ISIS stuff keeps up. Ben is showing his lacking of knowledge on some of those issues and to me that is nothing to play around with. Ive seen in SOME polls where Rubio and Cruz have already went past him, esp in the states that matter (swing states) like NH and Fla. 

I saw last week where one of his advisors was frustrated that Ben "just wasn't getting it" despite them trying to pound it in his head behind the scenes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2015, 05:43:17 PM »
He will not be #2 for very much longer. Esp if this ISIS stuff keeps up. Ben is showing his lacking of knowledge on some of those issues and to me that is nothing to play around with. Ive seen in SOME polls where Rubio and Cruz have already went past him, esp in the states that matter (swing states) like NH and Fla. 

I saw last week where one of his advisors was frustrated that Ben "just wasn't getting it" despite them trying to pound it in his head behind the scenes.

I saw that too, then Ben said that the guy wasn't his advisor, but that he was brought in on a few occasions to help him with certain things...just like a advisor is suppose to do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2015, 06:34:27 PM »
I saw that too, then Ben said that the guy wasn't his advisor, but that he was brought in on a few occasions to help him with certain things...just like a advisor is suppose to do.

I've said the whole time: he's a nice guy, his story is very admirable. But he just isn't the guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #197 on: November 25, 2015, 09:22:32 AM »
I've said the whole time: he's a nice guy, his story is very admirable. But he just isn't the guy.

Can't say I disagree. Personally I think he would serve much better in VP role. I'm gonna be honest, I'm not sold on any of them. The Dem side is a joke with Hillary Death Star Clinton and Bernie insane. The Rep side just seems to have a bunch of retread politicians with a few newbies thrown in. I can't stand Trump, period and the rest are just meh. Out of them all for Prez, I like Rubio the most. It just doesn't seem he is getting any traction.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #198 on: November 25, 2015, 09:41:45 AM »
Can't say I disagree. Personally I think he would serve much better in VP role. I'm gonna be honest, I'm not sold on any of them. The Dem side is a joke with Hillary Death Star Clinton and Bernie insane. The Rep side just seems to have a bunch of retread politicians with a few newbies thrown in. I can't stand Trump, period and the rest are just meh. Out of them all for Prez, I like Rubio the most. It just doesn't seem he is getting any traction.

Look at the latest Iowa and NH numbers.

In Iowa Cruz has dropped Carson like a rock, and is now tied with Trump and Rubio is in hot pursuit. Ive had a few democrat friends tell me they would vote for Rubio over Hillary in a general. They really don't like her. I think he's a no brainer. Would be a cakewalk next November if he is the nominee.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 09:55:22 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #199 on: November 25, 2015, 09:48:45 AM »
Look at the latest Iowa and NH numbers.

In Iowa Cruz has dropped Carson like a rock, and is not tied with Trump and Rubio is in hot pursuit. Ive had a few democrat friends tell me they would vote for Rubio over Hillary in a general. They really don't like her. I think he's a no brainer. Would be a cakewalk next November if he is the nominee.

Honestly, Cruz and Rubio are the only that makes any damn sense to be Prez. The rest are VP material except for Bush. Please, let's not let him anywhere near the White House. There is something about Cruz I don't like though. I think its his voice and his face. Reminds me of a Muppet or something. I know that shouldn't disqualify him as a candidate but it's a tough hurdle for me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions