Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The First Debate

The First Debate
« on: August 07, 2015, 09:41:09 AM »
I understand how Trump's politically incorrect talk and non-establishment rhetoric was able to fire up a large portion of the Republican base, but I'm sure glad America was finally able to witness how lacking in substance and limited in real answers the man is. Hopefully, his numbers will now settle back to a more realistic (read - lower half) tier in the polls.

My awards are as follows:

Most well spoken: Hukkabee/Cruz
Most nervous: Carson
Best tan: Christie
Most ignored by moderators: Tie between Carson and Paul
Biggest blowhard: Christie
Most likely to succeed: Rubio
Least substance: Trump
Creepiest eyes: Walker
Meh: Bush
Who?: Kasich

No clear winner IMO but I enjoy hearing Cruz speak. I find him confident and intelligent but too hawkish at times. No, it's not about finding them good jobs but his all but dismissing of the ideological/cultural sources of radical Islam's appeal is an error, in my opinion. Hukkabee and Walker are good speakers but too conservative to win. Bush appeared less refined than I imagined. Paul has historically been one of my favorites but it wasn't a good night for him overall. Thought Rubio showed promise but still seems too youthful and bright-eyed. I think he has a serious political future but, his statements overall seem too rehearsed at times. His closing comment on God blessing the Republican party with so many candidates was one of the best lines of the night however. Oh segments I've seen from the earlier debate makes me want to hear more from Carly Fiorina.

Gonna be a fun debate season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: The First Debate
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 09:58:16 AM »
Was it on ESPN? Cause I didn't watch it. Bet they had to set the thermostat at 50 in that building to override all the hot air coming out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 10:18:04 AM »
How did Ross Perot do?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 10:31:48 AM »
How did Ross Perot do?

Fine.  Just fine.  Now you people just need to get out there and vote for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 10:36:56 AM »
How did Ross Perot do?

So far he's got as much chance as he had in '92.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 10:44:50 AM »
I thought Huckabee and Cruz had the best nights, with Carson and Christie trailing right behind.
Scott Walker just reminds me to much of Dagwood to even take him seriously. 
Kalisch was setting himself up for a VP spot.
Rubio is just too soft spoken and nice to make it in the WH.
Trump was exposed as what he really is...a good businessman and a blowhard (I know, oxymoron)
Ru Paul is just moonbat crazy.
Jeb Bush, with the exception of the big Faux pas at the beginning, seemed to have some really good answers for everything.  Nobody wants to see another Bush in the Oval Office now though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 10:49:13 AM »
Nobody wants to see another Bush in the Oval Office now though.

Bush fatigue?  Tired of seeing Bush?

The pussification of America is complete.  Teh gays have won.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 10:50:50 AM »

We've got bush!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 10:52:24 AM »

Some around here like mohawks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 11:04:16 AM »
Some around here like mohawks.
Most seem to like dicks, if you ask me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 11:09:03 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 12:03:07 PM »
Only Hillary beat Hillary.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 05:08:16 PM »
 I would like to see a round table discussion between Carson, Cruze, Rubio, and Walker.
 Rubio and walker seem to be perfect VP candidates.
 Not sold on Trump.
 I also thought some of the questions were a bit hostile toward him. Time to drop the dead weight and get to a smaller group.
 Carly Fiorina (or whatever) seems to be ready for VP also.
I am not pro or anti Trump, but if you couldn't tell that was a hit piece on Trump, you might not be smart enough to vote!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 05:51:13 PM »
I would like to see a round table discussion between Carson, Cruze, Rubio, and Walker.
 Rubio and walker seem to be perfect VP candidates.
 Not sold on Trump.
 I also thought some of the questions were a bit hostile toward him. Time to drop the dead weight and get to a smaller group.
 Carly Fiorina (or whatever) seems to be ready for VP also.
I am not pro or anti Trump, but if you couldn't tell that was a hit piece on Trump, you might not be smart enough to vote!
I would like to see Ivanka Trump on a round table, spread out naked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2015, 08:48:15 PM »
^^^Debate killer^^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 10:40:19 AM »
I'm interested to see who makes an ally of Fiorina. She has teeth.  Would hope it's Carson. Nobody else really standing out except the blowhard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2015, 10:46:53 AM »
I'm interested to see who makes an ally of Fiorina. She has teeth.

With a horrific track record of "running things".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 10:51:04 AM »
With a horrific track record of "running things".
Never stopped us before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2015, 10:53:15 AM »
Never stopped us before.

I see you are in favor of insanity.

Walker is the best all around candidate on that stage....period. Debates are for show and one liners.

I give more a shit what theyve done governing and what they WILL do going forward.

Cruz is solid - like him or not, he has conviction. Does what he says.
Paul - is becoming a whiner and reeks of desperation picking fights with Donald and Christie. He did so well before Thursday articulating HIS message, and then went straight moonbat like his old man the last week or so.
Jeb - is blah. He is a Bush. Hes nice enough and genial. But No thanks.
Kasich - slightly less Blah.
Carson - very likeable, great VP or Surg. General.
Walker - has the record, has the accomplishments. Has governed. Has made the hard decisions, and did it in a blue state. Even tempered, likeable.
Donald - well, hes Donald. Love him or hate him, you have to admit it is hard to give detailed answers with substance when you are presented with garbage for questions. Hes fun to watch though, but he wont win it.
Rubio - like Carson, articulate, smart...good VP material.
Christie - fat obnoxious lard ass, has no business on stage. Like a Male version of Melissa McCarthy.
Hukabee - still a bit holy roller for me but he has gotten better and he has sharpened his skills in front of a mic since 2008.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 11:01:54 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2015, 11:15:40 AM »
These debates are absolutely meaningless. As is the incessant rehashing of them as if they provided some powerful insight.  They are designed to push a singular agenda and guide the right candidate out of the melee.

Here's what I hate:

Some of our greatest leaders were politically incorrect.  Lincoln (who I detest, actually), Jefferson, Reagan, Teddy R, etc. 

They weren't scripted or running up-to-the second polls to determine what to say.  They didn't have CNN, MSN, MSNBC, Fox, Univision, NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, C-Span, Rush, Savage, Hannity and hundreds of others parsing every syllable, looking for nuance, picking apart what they said and spinning it to their own purposes. 

We live in a terrorist nation and the terrorists are ourselves. Through the media and through social media we have collectively created a herd mentality.  Free thought must be stamped out. We must ALL think, act, live and tolerate the same things.  Those who disagree must be driven out or silenced. 

Hulk Hogan may have said the word "black" several years ago.  Every mention of his long (and glorious?) WWE history must be scrubbed from the record.  Mel Gibson doesn't like Jews.  Burn him!  Oppose gay marriage or homosexuality in general?  You are branded as a loon. 

When was the last time a candidate gave a real response to a question?  When was the last time a political candidate felt free enough to express his or her true feelings or position? 

Obama is a Muslim or at least has very strong Islamic leanings.  He lies about it for political gain. He's the worst president in American history and has done more to undermine, weaken and expose this country in eight years than all the radical communists of the 50s and 60s combined ever could have. 

The greatest advances in this country's history came about because two sides had a spirited and meaningful debate.  They honestly and legitimately aired their individual issues/positions and then worked through them. 

We are a long way from that now.  Everybody is herded into the same box.  There is no black and white, we must all be a shade of grey or the PC police will shout us down. 

It's frightening to me.

I'm waiting for the candidate who says "fuck this noise" and puts the truth out there.  Of course the media will bury him (like they did the pizza guy who would have been a billion times better than Obama) but there will eventually be somebody.  Sadly, though, because the herd mentality is so ingrained the right person won't be the one to rally the masses with a message of truth. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.