friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

Re: 2015 Fall Practice
« Reply #161 on: August 18, 2015, 03:35:59 PM »
There ain't no pyramids in Georgia....
Sphinxes or sphinxi maybe?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 03:39:04 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2015, 06:57:40 PM »
Holy crap, is Duke back yet?

Car wreck.  His career is over
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #163 on: August 21, 2015, 09:38:52 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #164 on: August 21, 2015, 09:50:09 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #165 on: August 21, 2015, 10:23:17 AM »
I am glad that you guys are so excited about football starting. And yes, I love football. But, realistically, do you really think that it will be that much more competitive than 2012?

I mean maybe a little better, but come on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2015, 10:27:33 AM »
I am glad that you guys are so excited about football starting. And yes, I love football. But, realistically, do you really think that it will be that much more competitive than 2012?

Yes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2015, 10:32:12 AM »
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/08/live_will_muschamp_discusses_a.html

Quick hits: Will Muschamp talks linebackers, Byron Cowart
Will Muschamp

James Crepea
on August 20, 2015 at 5:30 PM, updated August 20, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp and select players will meet with the media following tonight's practice.

WILL MUSCHAMP

On the last week: "We're OK. The inconsistencies is what bothers me right now." ... "We take two steps forward, one step back."

Says communication is lacking at the linebacker position, says it includes all linebackers
"Being good is hard, it takes heart."

Byron Cowart had his best practices this week

Says former walk-ons Mike Sherwood and Aaron Garrison will have roles, at least on special teams

Not disappointed with performance from Cassanova McKinzy, about consistency: "Really good players, they play good all the time" and then they'll play "great"

Tray Matthews (hamstring) is back, limited, but taking some reps.
Would probably play if game was today

On Louisville: Says different QBs make it a challenge

On game days: Lance Thompson and Blake Gideon will be in the press box, Rodney Garner, Muschamp and Travaris Robinson will be on the sideline

On third safety: Blake Countess would be it today
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2015, 02:55:52 PM »
http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Thompson-to-be-Muschamps-eyes-in-the-press-box-38860913?utm_source=247Sports+Newsletter&utm_campaign=285b6b074f-150821_Auburn+Tigers&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b5300ae947-285b6b074f-221629909

Thompson to be Muschamp's eyes in the press box
Phillip Marshall  :oh: - 15 hours ago 5

AUBURN – Lance Thompson, who coaches Auburn’s Bucks and strongside linebackers, will be in the press box on game days during the coming season, Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp said Thursday.

Thompson will be joined by graduate qassistant Blake Gideon. Muschamp, defensive line coach Rodney Garner and secondary coach Travaris Robinson will be on the field.

Muschamp and Thompson worked together when Muschamp was defensive coordinator at LSU.

"Lance does a good job in the box," Muschamp said. "He's been in the box for me before, and he does a really good job of seeing blocking schemes."

Muschamp said coaches have responsibilities to watch specific parts of the game.

"We have everybody's eyes assigned, whether it's in the passing game, protections, run game,” Muschamp said. “After each series we try to review previous series and preview the next series for our players. It's an operation that everybody has to be watching. They're not watching the ball, they're watching a point of attack. That’s where their eyes need to be."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2015, 03:04:46 PM »
We got a lot of shit going on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2015, 03:50:26 PM »
We got a lot of shit going on.

Sounds like a war room. How many games in before Muschamp head butts somebody?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #171 on: August 21, 2015, 04:26:17 PM »
http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Thompson-to-be-Muschamps-eyes-in-the-press-box-38860913?utm_source=247Sports+Newsletter&utm_campaign=285b6b074f-150821_Auburn+Tigers&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b5300ae947-285b6b074f-221629909

Say, that reminds me of a story. 

First year coaching and I was doing receivers and secondary.  Put me on the roof with a headset.  Had certain things to watch.  We had a back who, if he'd bothered to do anything about his grades, had some real potential.  Great feet, outstanding vision, good speed.  Billy something, I forget now. 

Anyway, I'm up there and supposed to be watching these things.  I'm not thinking three or four plays ahead like I'm supposed to be.  I'm getting lulled into watching the game and trying to get one of the kids I teach to run down to the concession stand and get me some hot dogs. 

Billy breaks off this sweet 30-yard run, cutting through this sliver of a hole in the offensive line, spinning off a linebacker and getting into the secondary.  I've watched the whole thing and was thinking how cool it was when the head coach buzzed my headset and asked me "how quickly did the safeties come up on the run?"  He'd, of course, had the QB continue to roll out and wanted to know if, when he ran the same play again later, would the safeties bite and give us a chance for a long pass play. 

I had no idea.  None whatsoever.  As soon as the ball was handed off I was watching that. 

Took me a long time to stop watching the game and start watching the individual groups.  Then it took me a long time to get out of it when I tried to watch a game.  I'd find myself watching one player and judging his steps, his tells, his break... ugh.  I was insufferable to watch a game with then.  It did pay dividends when I could forecast what was about to happen occasionally. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #172 on: August 21, 2015, 06:57:22 PM »
We got a lot of shoot going on.

Let's get two!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

« Reply #173 on: August 22, 2015, 05:47:44 PM »
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 09:08:23 PM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #174 on: August 22, 2015, 09:10:10 PM »
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/08/dhaquille_williams_ascending_t.html#incart_river

D'haquille Williams ascending the Auburn depth chart

James Crepea

After being sent to the bottom of the depth chart following his reinstatement from a six-day absence for an undisclosed "discipline issue" earlier this month, D'haquille Williams is moving up the Auburn depth chart.

"He's been working with the twos this week," Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said. "He's responded well and had some good practices."

Williams, who is projected to be Auburn's starting split end/X receiver, had 45 receptions for 730 yards and five touchdowns in 10 games last season.

Fellow wide receiver Marcus Davis believes Williams, who has not spoken publicly since the A-Day game, will benefit in the long run from his most recent misstep.

"He's back to normal, motivating guys, making sure we're doing the little things right," Davis said. "I just feel like he's ready to make a difference. ... I think it was a humbling experience for him and he's ready to get everything right."

Defensive lineman Devaroe Lawrence, who like Williams was a junior college transfer and experienced a difficult upbringing, has spoken with teammate about controlling his emotions.

"Just keep a level head. ... Calm yourself," Lawrence said of the guidance he offers Williams. "Stop letting everything bother you. ... He came a long way."

Malzahn would not commit to Williams' role in the offense for the season opener with Louisville on Sept. 5.

"We'll see where it goes," Malzahn said. "He's still like everybody else; you prove it everyday in practice and we'll see as it gets closer to the game."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2015, 09:17:10 PM »
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/08/no_hesitation_auburn_will_muschamp_carlton_davis_jeremiah_dinson.html

No hesitation by Auburn coaches to play freshmen corners
Auburn Fall Football Camp: Day 4

James Crepea

He may not be pleased with what the linebackers are doing but Will Muschamp is happy with several Auburn's defensive backs, including two freshmen.

Jeremiah Dinson and Carlton Davis were both cited by the defensive coordinator for their performances in practice thus far in the preseason.

"They're both guys that have played consistently well," Muschamp said. "At the end of the day you feel really good about Jonathan Jones, Josh Holsey has played well for us, Blake Countess has played well.

"Jeremiah Dinson and Carlton Davis are guys I'd put in the game and not even blink."

Both natives of Miami, Dinson and Davis both chose to come to Auburn following the arrival of Muschamp and defensive backs coach Travaris Robinson, neither of whom is concerned with playing freshmen immediately.

"We played a lot of freshman wherever I've been, particularly at Florida – we started a bunch of them," Robinson said. "Those guys are doing an exceptional job, a better job that I would have ever imagined, I'll be honest with you. ... They're ahead of a bunch of the freshman that we started at this point.

"They came in they know what they're doing, they know how they're going to do it, their technique is good, they've been really well coached in high school and they're confident kids."

At 5-foot-11 and 172 pounds, Dinson is considered more versatile.

"Great technique, great eye control – that's some of the things that we preach," Robinson said. "He's able to play both spots; he plays inside at nickel and he can play outside at corner. So he's a guy that will pay out real big dividends for us."

The 6-foot-1 190 pound Davis provides the secondary with a longer body to matchup against taller receivers.

"Really good down there in the red zone, he can run and he's a smart kid," Robinson said. "He spent a lot of extra time meeting with me and meeting with graduate assistant Blake Gideon and doing all those things like that. We're excited about his knowledge of ball and where he wants to take his game to."

The third freshmen corner, Javaris Davis, is less experienced at corner but the former Florida state 100-meter runner-up has speed to spare.

"Probably made the most plays in camp so far as far as interceptions," Robinson said of Javaris Davis last week. "Never played much of corner, so just teaching him the techniques and not jumping on things when you're not supposed to. It'll take him a little time to get a natural feel for the position but he is doing an outstanding job."

Muschamp has "formulated some ideas" of where players will end up but decisions won't be made on positions until the end of the weekend, while the starting lineup might wait until long after that.

The freshmen are on the right path.

"Effort is not something we've got to coach, that's really unique deal in a freshman," Robinson said. "We're excited about those guys they play the ball well they got good length and the thing about them they love ball. That's something coach Malzahn speaks about all the time: guys that love football and you can tell those guys love football and they show it on a day-to-day basis."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #176 on: August 25, 2015, 09:00:10 AM »
From A96

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2015, 09:38:01 AM »

A pass rush and better preparation in the second half of the season will make us a little better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2015, 10:28:54 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #179 on: August 25, 2015, 10:45:55 AM »
meh.
I guess I'm just old but I don't care much for hype vids when we have the right elements to win the West though I'm not so pleased with Malzahn tempering expectations. Just have them ready unlike the start of 2010.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions