Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2015 Fall Practice

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: 2015 Fall Practice
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2015, 09:16:54 AM »
from the dot comz

Rhett Lashlee addressed the media for the second time during fall camp Wednesday at the Auburn Athletics Complex.

Check out what the offensive coordinator and receivers Jonathan Wallace and Jason Smith had to saw below.

RHETT LASHLEE

** Lashlee says sophomore Roc Thomas has been the "most consistent and steadiest" player in the running back race. Also praises the other three backs -- Jovon Robinson, Peyton Barber and Kerryon Johnson.

** Lashlee has been impressed with freshman tight end Jalen Harris, who is competing with Chris Laye for the starting spot. He has a "willingness to stick his head in there and get physical. He'll find a way to help us this year as he continues to improve."

** Lashlee feels good about Austin Golson stepping into Reese Dismukes shoes at center, but isn't counting out Xavier Dampeer.

** Even though he's competing with Tyler Queen, Lashlee considers Sean White the backup quarterback, and he's getting better.

** Kerryon Johnson has made "minimal mistakes" this spring, Lashlee says, and has been "very impressive for a true freshman."

** Lashlee says no player on the offensive line has done a good job blocking defensive end Carl Lawson.

** Lashlee on the absence of top wide receiver D'haquille Williams: "It's between (Gus Malzahn) and Duke. We'll let you know."

JONATHAN WALLACE

** Wallace says practice is "going great" and everyone is playing with "great effort."

** He says he's battling for a position every day and wants coaches to know they can trust him as a receiver. Has been playing in the slot and expects to be used as C.J. Uzomah was last season.

** Wallace says Jeremy Johnson has "developed tremendously" and says teammates have faith in him.

JASON SMITH

** "I'm just glad I'm around people who like to work hard," Smith says

** Smith has been moved around a lot to learn multiple positions to make him a more versatile option. Says he's comfortable at the slot.

** On  D'haquille Williams, his friend and former teammate at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College: "We're going to be fine regardless. When he gets back that will boost our confidence."

** Calls Sean White "my boy" and has good chemistry with the backup quarterback.

** Smith has been working at punt and kick return. Doesn't have a preference and says he can help at both spots.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2015, 09:35:27 AM »
What did Jason mean by "my boy"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2015, 09:38:45 AM »
from the dot comz

Rhett Lashlee addressed the media for the second time during fall camp Wednesday at the Auburn Athletics Complex.

Check out what the offensive coordinator and receivers Jonathan Wallace and Jason Smith had to saw below.

RHETT LASHLEE

** Lashlee says sophomore Roc Thomas has been the "most consistent and steadiest" player in the running back race. Also praises the other three backs -- Jovon Robinson, Peyton Barber and Kerryon Johnson.

** Lashlee has been impressed with freshman tight end Jalen Harris, who is competing with Chris Laye for the starting spot. He has a "willingness to stick his head in there and get physical. He'll find a way to help us this year as he continues to improve."

** Lashlee feels good about Austin Golson stepping into Reese Dismukes shoes at center, but isn't counting out Xavier Dampeer.

** Even though he's competing with Tyler Queen, Lashlee considers Sean White the backup quarterback, and he's getting better.

** Kerryon Johnson has made "minimal mistakes" this spring, Lashlee says, and has been "very impressive for a true freshman."

** Lashlee says no player on the offensive line has done a good job blocking defensive end Carl Lawson.

** Lashlee on the absence of top wide receiver D'haquille Williams: "It's between (Gus Malzahn) and Duke. We'll let you know."

JONATHAN WALLACE

** Wallace says practice is "going great" and everyone is playing with "great effort."

** He says he's battling for a position every day and wants coaches to know they can trust him as a receiver. Has been playing in the slot and expects to be used as C.J. Uzomah was last season.

** Wallace says Jeremy Johnson has "developed tremendously" and says teammates have faith in him.

JASON SMITH

** "I'm just glad I'm around people who like to work hard," Smith says

** Smith has been moved around a lot to learn multiple positions to make him a more versatile option. Says he's comfortable at the slot.

** On  D'haquille Williams, his friend and former teammate at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College: "We're going to be fine regardless. When he gets back that will boost our confidence."

** Calls Sean White "my boy" and has good chemistry with the backup quarterback.

** Smith has been working at punt and kick return. Doesn't have a preference and says he can help at both spots.
Only Carl stop Carl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2015, 09:41:13 AM »
What did Jason mean by "my boy"?

Sounds eerily similar to "prison bitch".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2015, 01:47:28 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2015, 02:11:29 PM »
I heard DUKE is back. Anybody got any word on that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2015, 02:21:52 PM »

Yep.  Coach K had a great recruiting class and feels they can contend for another national championship this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2015, 03:01:46 PM »
I hope not.  Disagree with me if you must, but Duke was one of the most overrated actors to ever make a movie.  All of his characters were the same, it didn't matter whether he was playing a cowboy, gambler, or Marine.

Plus, he'd be pretty rotted out by now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2015, 03:11:13 PM »
I hope not.  Disagree with me if you must, but Duke was one of the most overrated actors to ever make a movie.  All of his characters were the same, it didn't matter whether he was playing a cowboy, gambler, or Marine.

I'm not here to argue but he was a true jazz legend and one hell of a pianist. His orchestra rendition of "Take the A Train" is one of my all time favs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2015, 03:13:59 PM »

You shut your dirty stinking mouth right now, pilgrim!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2015, 03:18:01 PM »

It's like ^^^THIS^^^ and like ^^^THAT^^^ and like ^^^THIS^^^ and uh.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #131 on: August 14, 2015, 03:32:48 PM »
Lee Van Cleef had chunks of guys like Duke in his stool. <shakes fist> He was a man!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #132 on: August 14, 2015, 04:44:31 PM »
Lee Van Cleef had chunks of guys like Duke in his stool. <shakes fist> He was a man!

Don't you talk about Marion Mitchell Morrison that way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2015, 04:47:44 PM »
Don't you talk about Marion Mitchell Morrison that way.
Lee Van Cleef would have shot him in the ass just for having a chick's name.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2015, 04:59:15 PM »
Lee Van Cleef would have shot him in the ass just for having a chick's name.

Clarence Leroy Van Cleef would do no such thing.

Clarence
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #135 on: August 14, 2015, 06:41:11 PM »
Clarence Leroy Van Cleef would do no such thing.

Clarence
It is a well known fact that Clarence is a manly name. Say it to a woman and her draws automagically hit the floor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #136 on: August 14, 2015, 09:46:46 PM »
http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-coaches-speak-Offense-38742046

Auburn coaches speak: Offense
Phillip Marshall - 7 hours ago 9

AUBURN - Auburn assistant coaches talked football Friday. Following are takes from line coach J.B. Grimes, running backs coach Tim Horton, wide receivers coach Dameyune Craig and tight ends/h-backs coach Scott Fountain, who is also the special teams coordinator.

RB coach Tim Horton

On how the race to be the starter stands

“Peyton and Roc are a little ahead of the other two, but the competition has been great.”

On using more than one tailback

“I think it depends on the season. One of the things we’ve talked about is it might be a year where we don’t have that guy like Cameron Artis-Payne, who had 350 touches last year. Can Roc Thomas take 350 touches? Probably not. I think we are going to have to divvy it up and distribute it a little more. That kind of remains to be seen.

“I think ultimately this group will be one of the strengths of our team, because I think we have four quality players.”

On Peyton Barber

“The most important ability is reliability. As a coach you’ve got to be able to trust them – trust that they know what to do, trust they are going to take care of the ball, trust they are going to know their assignments. That’s what Peyton Barber is. He’s someone I have a great deal of trust in. Put him in the game and he’s going to do great. He just needs the opportunity, and he’s going to get the opportunity. He’s earned the opportunity.”

On Jovon Robinson

“He’s really done well the last three or four days. There is a certain standard players have to adhere to if you want to win and be successful and be the best you can be. I don’t know that Jovon really understood that standard early. But I think he’s figured it out now. I just see him continuing to get better and improve.”

On Kerryon Johnson

“He’s a pro before he’s a pro. He’s very mature for someone who is a true freshman. The other day in the scrimmage he created an explosive play for us. He’s been dinged up. We look forward to getting him back on the field in the next day or so.”

HB/ST coach Scott Fountain

On the position race between Kamryn Pettway and Chandler Cox at h-back

“They are doing a good job. Kam has really good pop at the point of attack. Chandler is a real football savvy guy, really understands the game, brings a lot to the table. I think we have two really good players. Jalen Harris is having a really good camp. He’ll play tight end, but he’ll also do some things in the backfield.”

On punters Kevin Phillips and Ian Shannon

“Kevin had a really good spring and he’s having a really good camp. Ian is having a really good camp. I think we have two quality guys there. What Kevin brings to the table is having been in junior college and being here this spring. We are so far ahead of where we were a year ago.”

WR coach Dameyune Craig

On QB Jeremy Johnson’s path to becoming Auburn’s starter being similar to his own

“He’s one of my favorite guys. I’ve seen him on the sideline for two years. He was ready to start. Probably, he could have been the starting quarterback earlier. You can’t become a distraction to the team. I think he started understanding this is what I need to do to be successful. He actually took a leadership role with a lot of younger guys, and it’s paying off this season.
“It’s more difficult your first year. As you get older, you start understanding the work that is involved in getting better. I think your focus changes from ‘I need to be playing to I need to perfect my craft.’”

On coming back from last season

“Going 8-5 is not the standard here. I didn’t come back here to be 8-5. Every day I think about that.”

OL coach J.B. Grimes

On position races at center and guard

“I’m certain that Shon Coleman is going to start. I’m certain Avery Young is going to start. And I’m certain Braden Smith is going to start. From there, I’d say we are a work in progress with Devonte Danzey and Alex Kozan. Both of those guys are coming back from some things. We are having a good running battle with the center position. Austin (Golson) had a little setback in camp. We held him for a couple of days. Both those guys are having good camps.”

On how close the races are at left guard and center

“It’s a little bit closer than people understand. I know right now Devonte Danzey has had a good camp. Alex is coming back from a hard surgery. He hasn’t played a lot of football in a year. We are building depth, and that’s a real positive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2015, 09:49:20 PM »
http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-coaches-speak-Defense-38742605

Auburn coaches speak: Defense
Phillip Marshall - 7 hours ago 3

AUBURN - Auburn assistant coaches talked football Friday. Following are takes from secondary coach Travaris Robinson, defensive line coach Rodney Garner and Bucks and Sam coach Lance Thompson.

On how he feels about the progress of the secondary

“Really good. I’m excited about where we are. Obviously, we’re not there yet. We have two weeks to get there. They are improving on a daily basis from an assignment standpoint, technique standpoint and execution an production standpoint. Our creed at Auburn is work, hard work. Our guys are working hard.”

On who will play nickel

“We are really still evaluating a lot of guys have gotten reps at that position. We haven’t made any decisions yet. We’ll move forward with that a little bit next week. We’ve got a big scrimmage. We call it moving day.”

On S Tray Matthews’ injury

“He’s close, but not all the way. He’s participating in the things he can do. Next week he’ll be back. He’s doing a real good job trying to get back in meetings, walkthroughs, individual periods and team install periods and things like that.”

On graduate transfer CB Blake Countess

“He’s a really good leader. Really good kid. Can play multiple positons. You can tell he played in the Big Ten and played a lot of run. He’s really good at tackling and really good and disengaging and getting off blocks. We’re glad to have him.”

B/SLB coach Lance Thompson

On Carl Lawson’s camp

“Carl is getting a lot of press because everybody is excited he is coming back. Carl is doing a great job – unbelievably athletic, works hard.”

On SLB JaViere Mitchell

“I think Javy had had a real good preseason. He’s NO. 1 right now. He’s been a great team member. He’s been truly loyal to Auburn and the football team. He works hard. We feel good about Javy.”

DL coach Rodney Garner

On freshman DE Byron Cowart

“He’s adjusting to the tempo and the physicality of the SEC, figuring out what it takes. He definitely has the skill set. It’s a learning curve like for any freshman.”

On pressure put on highly rated prospects

“I think we put so much unrealistic pressure on these kids with all the recruiting services and ratings and rankings. A lot of times they become overwhelmed when they get on the field and aren’t experiencing the dominating success we thought they were. You are playing against a different caliber of player than what you played against in high school.

“I think he’s going to be fine. He’s working hard. Yesterday he had his best practice he’s had in camp. He has to help us. We have no choice. We just have to keep him coming.”

On the defensive tackles and end

“The ones, you feel decent about those guys. When you sit there and look at Lambert and Adams and Russell, you feel really good about those guys. We have to develop quality depth. It’s an athletic group. We are a work in progress. Montravius and Dontavius and Pee Wee (Lambert) are having a really good camp. They are off to a really good start.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2015, 10:10:09 PM »
friendly