Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2015 Fall Practice

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: 2015 Fall Practice
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2015, 09:51:08 PM »

Ellis had fire too. His was just in a dumpster.
He could lock down the free grub in the press box. Every time I'd turn to look up in the coaches booth after his defense allowed yet another 90 yard scoring drive, he'd be shoving another hotdog into his yapper.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2015, 10:02:05 PM »
Eillis never played a down that I know of.  But yeah, they looked totally fux'd up.  Schemes?  I'm pretty certain he knows a sound scheme or 2.  Getting it coached up is another deal.  My surmise is he tried to do too much shit without perfecting any of it in practice.  Just fucking line up right, play sound, and tackle like a MOFO.  You can do a lot of damage just doing that.  Was Ellis trying to make up for lack of talent with scheme?  Maybe.  I just don't see how the defense cannot be significantly improved.  I mean, 2 stops a game would be an improvement. 

I've changed my mind on this over the years.  I used to think you could be GREAT on both sides of the ball.  I have concluded that you are either an offensive or defensive oriented team.  That, in and of itself, is no revelation.  However, when your HC is an innovator or master of one sort or the other, that divide is going to be greater and skewed towards the HC's way of seeing and doing things.  (Reference for the opposite of our current situation, Tubs teams with great defenses and talented yet underachieving offenses)  Thus we will, under Gus, always be a good to great offense, and I think we will always be left wanting on defense, even if we're 'good enough'.  I can't explain why it is that way, but it just seems to be.  JMHO, YMMV.

I will respectfully...disagree counselor.  A common saying is "He didn't suddenly forget how to coach".  I think Johnson did.  Or at least he lost touch with the advancements made in the game.  ESPN and others have really been focused lately on breaking down film and why this and that happened.  I can't count the times they showed Auburn's D last season and questioned why in the world they were lined up this way.  Why they decided to defend the way they did.  How could this linebacker take that angle?  Cubelic stopped just short of saying EJ had no clue.  And when your defensive backs go into THE rivalry game saying "We're going to treat Amari Cooper like any other receiver".....and then go out and do just that....you've got MAJOR problems with the man running your defense. 

Talent?  Kris Frost was a 5 star.  So was Carl Lawson. So was Montravelosity Adams.  So was Tray Matthews.  So was Byron Cowart.  So was Trey Williams.  And there are countless 4 star guys on this D.  Absolutely NO excuse for not having significant improvement this year and years to come.  To your point of being one sided based on your coach's propensity to offense or defense.  Off the top of my head, I'd submit Ole Miss and THE Ohio State Buckeyes.  Both head coaches are absolutely thought to be...and are...offensive gurus.  Ole Miss may have the best overall D in the SEC.  OSU...well, the results speak for themselves.  Spurrier, offensive jeenyus, but his D's have been quite salty at times.  Alabama has had several years of scoring around 40 points a game while the D was consistently ranked in the top 10.  Haven't checked but I imagine TCU's offensive and defensive stats are both pretty damn skippy under Patterson.

I think the questions everyone's had about Auburn are about to be answered.  I find no fault in what Gus has done on the defensive side of the ball...or at least has been attempting to do.  He's recruited his ass off..hired the best coaches in the business...now it's time to take that next step.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 10:04:32 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2015, 09:49:28 AM »
I will respectfully...disagree counselor.  A common saying is "He didn't suddenly forget how to coach".  I think Johnson did.  Or at least he lost touch with the advancements made in the game.  ESPN and others have really been focused lately on breaking down film and why this and that happened.  I can't count the times they showed Auburn's D last season and questioned why in the world they were lined up this way.  Why they decided to defend the way they did.  How could this linebacker take that angle?  Cubelic stopped just short of saying EJ had no clue.  And when your defensive backs go into THE rivalry game saying "We're going to treat Amari Cooper like any other receiver".....and then go out and do just that....you've got MAJOR problems with the man running your defense. 

Talent?  Kris Frost was a 5 star.  So was Carl Lawson. So was Montravelosity Adams.  So was Tray Matthews.  So was Byron Cowart.  So was Trey Williams.  And there are countless 4 star guys on this D.  Absolutely NO excuse for not having significant improvement this year and years to come.  To your point of being one sided based on your coach's propensity to offense or defense.  Off the top of my head, I'd submit Ole Miss and THE Ohio State Buckeyes.  Both head coaches are absolutely thought to be...and are...offensive gurus.  Ole Miss may have the best overall D in the SEC.  OSU...well, the results speak for themselves.  Spurrier, offensive jeenyus, but his D's have been quite salty at times.  Alabama has had several years of scoring around 40 points a game while the D was consistently ranked in the top 10.  Haven't checked but I imagine TCU's offensive and defensive stats are both pretty damn skippy under Patterson.

I think the questions everyone's had about Auburn are about to be answered.  I find no fault in what Gus has done on the defensive side of the ball...or at least has been attempting to do.  He's recruited his ass off..hired the best coaches in the business...now it's time to take that next step.

harumph
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2015, 10:17:00 AM »
I didn't get a harumph out of that guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2015, 10:18:52 AM »
Day 3 report?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2015, 10:20:08 AM »
Day 3 report?

Byron Cowart is a large man.  That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2015, 10:26:56 AM »

In or out of the shower? or both?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2015, 10:29:57 AM »

This is the kind of shower report we have grown to love you for.  The rest of you can learn a lot from this guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2015, 10:39:25 AM »

Here ya go Snaggle, some playtim.....I mean, reading material.

Byron Cowart could be more than a defensive end in Will Muschamp's Auburn defense
Auburn Fall Football Camp: Day 2
Auburn defensive end Byron Cowart (9) stands on the sidelines during fall camp
Brandon Marcello | bmarcello@al.com By Brandon Marcello | bmarcello@al.com
on August 07, 2015 at 12:48 AM, updated August 07, 2015 at 2:23 AM

Byron Cowart stands out among the pack of 30 newcomers on Auburn's sideline.

He's a freshman, but he sure doesn't look like it. The nation's No. 1 defensive end out of high school is expected to play immediately, and though the early returns have yet to be digested, first impressions among his teammates have been similar.

"Big dude," defensive end Carl Lawson said.

Cowart stands at 6 feet, 3 inches and weighs 277 pounds. Some might think that's too big to play defensive coordinator Will Muschamp's Buck position, a hybrid linebacker/end that will likely be manned by the 6-2, 257-pound Lawson.

"He's athletic enough," Muschamp said. "It's not really the weight — it's what you can carry and what you can do athletically. Certainly right now he can play end or Buck for us. That's kind of where we're training him, more at end right now, but he certainly could be a guy that's athletic enough to do those things."

Cowart, along with the other newcomers, are participating in the second half of split practices. Newcomers get extra attention in the final half of practices as veterans stand on the sideline and offer advice and guidance.

Expectations are high and Cowart will likely play immediately, but coaches have long tried to quell the hype machine following the freshman, who is expected to help a pass rush that ranked 12th in the SEC last season.

"A guy like Byron, the best thing about him his he's really conscious of needing to get better," linebackers coach Lance Thompson said in April. "He's not worried about the hype, expectations, that's what fans do, that's what you guys do. We just told him, come in, do your best, be a conscientious player in terms of preparation, work hard. And he understands he's going to grow as a player.

"We don't have any expectations on him. That's unfair to really do that to young guys because it's a whole different game. He's a tremendous young man in terms of his maturity and how he approaches the game and he does have a really good set in terms of his height, weight, speed and athleticism. We'll develop him, try to get him better every day and we're excited he's an Auburn Tiger."

Muschamp will get a better idea of what Cowart can do starting next week, when the freshmen join the veterans and begin practicing in full pads.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2015, 10:41:45 AM »
Day 3 report?

No summary articles put together yet but the linked page below has some good stuff in it along with videos.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/08/everything_you_need_to_know_ab_1.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2015, 10:53:12 AM »
Someone needs two tickets to the gun show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2015, 12:16:48 PM »
Someone needs two tickets to the gun show.

Your gay.

That's ok, its cool now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2015, 12:29:53 PM »
Your gay.
I'm gay to then, cause that picture gives me wood.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2015, 12:40:04 PM »
I'm gay to then, cause that picture gives me wood.

Time to trim them.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2015, 12:43:37 PM »

Time to trim them.

Well I guess I'm done with lunch, thanks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2015, 01:11:39 PM »
Well I guess I'm done with lunch, thanks.

Waitress, check please.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2015, 01:13:26 PM »
Waitress, check please.

You getting some to go? Gonna need a chain saw.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2015, 02:40:51 PM »

Time to trim them.

I wonder how people with a foot fetish feel about these. Which makes me wonder. How much money would it take for you to nibble off a mouth full of whatever this is (toenails, fungus, unknown organic substance)?

I would sacrape off a juice glass full of shavings and down it for $250K. I think that's my minimum. I would ask for 500 but I'd do it for 250.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2015, 02:54:00 PM »
I wonder how people with a foot fetish feel about these.

I can tell you JR will not be back for another year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2015, 02:57:52 PM »
I wonder how people with a foot fetish feel about these. Which makes me wonder. How much money would it take for you to nibble off a mouth full of whatever this is (toenails, fungus, unknown organic substance)?

I would sacrape off a juice glass full of shavings and down it for $250K. I think that's my minimum. I would ask for 500 but I'd do it for 250.

You'd do it for a hunned an fitty and you know it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.