Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

QB Play

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: QB Play
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2008, 10:41:04 AM »
Okay - who fucked with my post?  I re-read it after it posted, and it didn't look like this!!!!!!!!!!!  I am not quote-challenged, dammit. :box:
Fuckers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2008, 10:50:28 AM »
Todd has to be a good QB for CTF to have recruited him to begin with.

He recruited him for fucking TROY.  Big difference between "we scored some points on Georgia, they knew they were in a game" and expecting/demanding that you BEAT teams like Georgia. 

I'm glad you have so much confidence in "CTF"  -- and I'm going to be brutally honest here, I absoFUCKINGlutely HATE that "CTF, CTT, CMG, CNS" horse shit -- but you can go ahead and color me completely unimpressed. He -- and his system -- performed exactly as I was afraid they would.  The guy is not ready for prime time. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

BamaWill

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2008, 10:52:07 AM »
He recruited him for fucking TROY.  Big difference between "we scored some points on Georgia, they knew they were in a game" and expecting/demanding that you BEAT teams like Georgia. 

I'm glad you have so much confidence in "CTF"  -- and I'm going to be brutally honest here, I absoFUCKINGlutely HATE that "CTF, CTT, CMG, CNS" horse shit -- but you can go ahead and color me completely unimpressed. He -- and his system -- performed exactly as I was afraid they would.  The guy is not ready for prime time. 
aubie meltdowns are fun to watch  :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2008, 11:12:32 AM »
aubie meltdowns are fun to watch  :rofl:

There's no "meltdown" dumbass.  It's called discussion.  Get back in line before you miss your turn at sucking the Saban cock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BamaWill

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2008, 11:42:42 AM »
There's no "meltdown" dumbass.  It's called discussion.  Get back in line before you miss your turn at sucking the Saban cock.
Is that what you call it....see thats funny cause all I have read is you bitchin in all these threads.  To me a "discussion" is back and forth not you verbally beating down your own aubies to get your point across.  A lot of you folks seem to have an oral fixation especially with Saban, maybe you should give into your feelings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JohnDeere

• Pledge
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2008, 12:19:14 PM »
He -- and his system -- performed exactly as I was afraid they would.  The guy is not ready for prime time. 

If you care to hear my opinion.....
Having witnessed both AU games in which Franklin called the plays, I think I am qualified to give me uneducated opinion.
1st)  Franklin went into the ULM game not having a clear cut starter,Franklin/Tubs went into the game with the view of it being a glorified scrimage with each QB getting the opportunity to get snaps with 1st team O in order to make a clear determination for the starting QB job. Notice, the similar passing plays called on the first three or four offensive possessions. It is like they wanted to see each QB make the same throws, to the swing route, and the out routes on the flats. Hell, they even had Todd running the boot and straight up QB draws, like they wanted to see how he ran against a live defense.

2nd) Franklin showed about 10% of the offense. ULM had that figured out in the first series, partly due to the fact that ULM run a similar offense and they have been watching film on Tony Franklin for a couple of years, seeing how Troy and ULM are both Sun Belt teams . And offenses progress as the season progresses;  Franklin will add around 20 more plays from a three or four formations a week till the end of the season; I imagine what we saw against ULM was a very vanilla form of his offense. Once, again it is ULM, why show the whole play book the first week of the season? It really was different from what was shown in the bowl game.

3rd) Bosely looked like 'shit' snapping the ball. I counted three snaps that were on the ground and another four or five that were caught below the knees.

4rd) Slaughter flat out dropped a beautiful 35-40 yard ball from Todd. I haven't looked at the stats, but there were a few catchable balls that weren't caught. So, it is not entirely on Todd or Burns. The entire team didn't execute well.

5th) They ran the hell out of the ball.

And those aren't fucking excuses........those are fucking facts. It was the first game of the season.

BTW, Has Tubs ever been about showing out and hanging 50 points on an inferior team just to make the fucking SportCenter highlights?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2008, 01:13:11 PM »
If you care to hear my opinion.....
Having witnessed both AU games in which Franklin called the plays, I think I am qualified to give me uneducated opinion.
1st)  Franklin went into the ULM game not having a clear cut starter,Franklin/Tubs went into the game with the view of it being a glorified scrimage with each QB getting the opportunity to get snaps with 1st team O in order to make a clear determination for the starting QB job. Notice, the similar passing plays called on the first three or four offensive possessions. It is like they wanted to see each QB make the same throws, to the swing route, and the out routes on the flats. Hell, they even had Todd running the boot and straight up QB draws, like they wanted to see how he ran against a live defense.

2nd) Franklin showed about 10% of the offense. ULM had that figured out in the first series, partly due to the fact that ULM run a similar offense and they have been watching film on Tony Franklin for a couple of years, seeing how Troy and ULM are both Sun Belt teams . And offenses progress as the season progresses;  Franklin will add around 20 more plays from a three or four formations a week till the end of the season; I imagine what we saw against ULM was a very vanilla form of his offense. Once, again it is ULM, why show the whole play book the first week of the season? It really was different from what was shown in the bowl game.

3rd) Bosely looked like 'shit' snapping the ball. I counted three snaps that were on the ground and another four or five that were caught below the knees.

4rd) Slaughter flat out dropped a beautiful 35-40 yard ball from Todd. I haven't looked at the stats, but there were a few catchable balls that weren't caught. So, it is not entirely on Todd or Burns. The entire team didn't execute well.

5th) They ran the hell out of the ball.

And those aren't fucking excuses........those are fucking facts. It was the first game of the season.

BTW, Has Tubs ever been about showing out and hanging 50 points on an inferior team just to make the fucking SportCenter highlights?

You make some good points, JD.  But I think you also miss a few. 

I was pretty unhappy with what I saw Saturday.  I thought that might improve over time, but it really hasn't.  I've got some major, major concerns. 

And for the record, I'm sort of tired of the "vanilla offense" justification.  We've been using that for a couple of years now and it's never really held water.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2008, 01:41:47 PM »
Whether or not they did actually come in with a scaled down, vanilla offense, my take is that you ought to be fired for that shit if you did in fact, come in to a D-1 game with 1/4 of your offense.  You run your stuff and put teams away.  If you have "Trick" plays, save em' for later when you need them, but I refuse to believe they left 15-20 plays at home.  Guess what?  ULM figured those few plays out early.  They just couldn't line up and stop some elite backs.

ULM beat Bama last year

East Carolina beat Va. Tech

Bowling Green beat Pitt

Utah beat Meechigan

Arkansas St. beat Texas A&M.

Point being, there is very little discrepency in overall talent between the ULMs of the world and the elite D-1 programs.  You show up without your A game and you can get embarrassed quickly.  Anyone recall Mini Me Bowden after one of the worst losses I've ever attended...MSU 20  AU 0?  Bowden said publically that he didn't run the ball against MSU (And he didn't..he had Craig throw it 25 yards downfield every freakin' play) because he didn't want to show Georgia what he had in the running game.  Nuff' said!!

Run your damn offense and put teams away.  It gives future opponents a hell of a lot more to think about than wondering if you'll come out running something they've never seen.  Ain't gonna' happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2008, 01:53:44 PM »
Whether or not they did actually come in with a scaled down, vanilla offense, my take is that you ought to be fired for that shit if you did in fact, come in to a D-1 game with 1/4 of your offense.  You run your stuff and put teams away.  If you have "Trick" plays, save em' for later when you need them, but I refuse to believe they left 15-20 plays at home.  Guess what?  ULM figured those few plays out early.  They just couldn't line up and stop some elite backs.

ULM beat Bama last year

Bowling Green beat Pitt

Utah beat Meechigan

Point being, there is very little discrepency in overall talent between the ULMs of the world and the elite D-1 programs.  You show up without your A game and you can get embarrassed quickly.  Anyone recall Mini Me Bowden after one of the worst losses I've ever attended...MSU 20  AU 0?  Bowden said publically that he didn't run the ball against MSU (And he didn't..he had Craig throw it 25 yards downfield every freakin' play) because he didn't want to show Georgia what he had in the running game.  Nuff' said!!

Run your damn offense and put teams away.  It gives future opponents a hell of a lot more to think about than wondering if you'll come out running something they've never seen.  Ain't gonna' happen.

I think you can throw out the "vanilla offense" justification for now.   I saw today where either Tubs or Franklin (don't remember which was quoted) said they were going to "simplify the playbook" for this week's game.   

I hate being negative all the time, but haven't we heard this same stuff for a couple of years?  Vanilla this, playbook that...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2008, 02:18:43 PM »
I think you can throw out the "vanilla offense" justification for now.   I saw today where either Tubs or Franklin (don't remember which was quoted) said they were going to "simplify the playbook" for this week's game.   

I hate being negative all the time, but haven't we heard this same stuff for a couple of years?  Vanilla this, playbook that...

I agree with the vanilla shit.  It's like bama saying that they have no talent year after year, or no depth.  Our passing attack sucked, nothing more that you can say about that.

Now, how the fuck are they going to simplify the playbook?  Fuck, all we did was run left, or run right.  If Fannin went in motion, then he was getting the fucking hand off, why not do a play action on that shit, and hit a WR that is streaking down the field?  I hope we see a hell of a lot of improvement this week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JohnDeere

• Pledge
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2008, 03:59:38 PM »
I agree with the vanilla shit.  It's like bama saying that they have no talent year after year, or no depth.  Our passing attack sucked, nothing more that you can say about that.

Now, how the fuck are they going to simplify the playbook?  Fuck, all we did was run left, or run right.  If Fannin went in motion, then he was getting the fucking hand off, why not do a play action on that shit, and hit a WR that is streaking down the field?  I hope we see a hell of a lot of improvement this week.

It is what it is.

Simplify in CTT's words means running the ball on 1st down and 3rd down and seeing if Southern Miss has guys on the 2 and 3 deep at defensive end and linebacker that can play D1 football with Auburn cause their 1st string D is going to be sucking air by the 3rd quarter.  Franklin has said it over and over that his offensive philosophy is to wear a defense down. Like the saying he is always using, "Fatigue makes all men cowards".

I disagree with Birdman. There is no-way 100% of the offense was installed and ready to go. It will be a work in progress till the last week of the season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2008, 04:30:07 PM »

ULM beat Bama last year

Bowling Green beat Pitt

Utah beat Meechigan

34-0.

Why is it hard to believe for some of you that we didn't call the dogs when there was clearly no danger of losing that game? Basically that game was a glorified audition for the #1 QB spot. Had the game gotten even remotely close, I would have expected the team to put a little more effort in.
You're not fooling anyone, you love it. And yes, we have heard the same stuff for a couple of years. Like 2004 for instance. And in all of them, we greatly improved after the first couple of shaky games into pretty damn good seasons. The sky is not falling now any more than it was then.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 04:31:07 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2008, 04:34:27 PM »
Oh, I don't assume they have installed the whole offense yet.  The perception of many is that they only brought a few basic plays to the table Saturday.  They've played Clemson, had an entire spring and fall practice to put in a lot more.  I can't believe....no, let me rephrase....I'd be pissed as hell if they go into this or any game against a D-1 opponent with less than their best.

I know they do, but in my opinion, it's wrong and it's cheating the players and fans.  If you have a "Lesser" opponent that you should be able to smoke, line it up and blow their doors in.  If it's 30-3 at half, play your 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers and dumb it down all you want to.  I recall going to the Buffalo game a couple of years ago.  I left there mad as hell because they ran the same two running plays about 80% of the entire game.  They wallowed around for 3 plus quarters then put the reserves in and opened it up a little.  I wanted my money back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2008, 04:36:44 PM »
 I recall going to the Buffalo game a couple of years ago.  I left there mad as hell because they ran the same two running plays about 80% of the entire game.  They wallowed around for 3 plus quarters then put the reserves in and opened it up a little.  I wanted my money back.

Fool me once, shame on you...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2008, 04:41:31 PM »
34-0.

Why is it hard to believe for some of you that we didn't call the dogs when there was clearly no danger of losing that game? Basically that game was a glorified audition for the #1 QB spot. Had the game gotten even remotely close, I would have expected the team to put a little more effort in.You're not fooling anyone, you love it. And yes, we have heard the same stuff for a couple of years. Like 2004 for instance. And in all of them, we greatly improved after the first couple of shaky games into pretty damn good seasons. The sky is not falling now any more than it was then.

The problem is that when momentum goes to one side, you can't always just turn it on that easily.  No, we were never in any danger of losing and yes, I'm fine with a 34-0 bitch slapping.  No chicken little here.  I guess I'm just severely let down after getting so hyped about the possibilities with Franklin and all the athletes we have...and we do have some incredible athletes...and then what happens.  I load up my family and drive 2 and 1/2 hours, sweat like a $20.00 whore, sport a chub into the stadium in anticipation of some fireworks and what do we get?

"A glorified audition for the #1 QB spot."?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2008, 04:43:10 PM »
34-0.

Why is it hard to believe for some of you that we didn't call the dogs when there was clearly no danger of losing that game? Basically that game was a glorified audition for the #1 QB spot. Had the game gotten even remotely close, I would have expected the team to put a little more effort in.You're not fooling anyone, you love it. And yes, we have heard the same stuff for a couple of years. Like 2004 for instance. And in all of them, we greatly improved after the first couple of shaky games into pretty damn good seasons. The sky is not falling now any more than it was then.
I remember walking out of the stadium after the 2004 opener against ULM, thinking the same thoughts about the ho-hum debut of the new OC.
take stroll down memory lane
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2008, 04:43:19 PM »
The problem is that when momentum goes to one side, you can't always just turn it on that easily.  No, we were never in any danger of losing and yes, I'm fine with a 34-0 bitch slapping.  No chicken little here.  I guess I'm just severely let down after getting so hyped about the possibilities with Franklin and all the athletes we have...and we do have some incredible athletes...and then what happens.  I load up my family and drive 2 and 1/2 hours, sweat like a $20.00 whore, sport a chub into the stadium in anticipation of some fireworks and what do we get?

"A glorified audition for the #1 QB spot."?

Try it again at a game like LSU, or Tennesse....    :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2008, 04:50:12 PM »
I'll try it again this Saturday, sans the fam. 

Anyone for an early morning beers?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2008, 04:51:35 PM »
I'll try it again this Saturday, sans the fam. 

Anyone for an early morning beers?

I'll be there!   Now....  haha...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!