Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

QB Play

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
QB Play
« on: September 01, 2008, 08:56:17 PM »
First I will say that I think Burns should be the starting QB and he should get all the snaps with the first string O so that the team can develop some chemistry and we can get our timing down in the offense. I think that was a major problem in the game is that we were not able to develop any kind of rythem in the passing game.

However, I will say that  I think Todd is getting a bad rap. I think that Todd had a really bad game but I don't think that he is as bad a QB as everyone thinks. I don't think that Franklin just wants him to play and that is the only reason that he is being given the chance. I also have been to practice and have seen the "happy feet" that everyone is bitching about, being worked on by all the QB's. Apparently, that is what Franklin is teaching. To chop your feet, or have happy feet, while reading through your progessions.

I haven't said a word about the new offense because I am not sure what to say. I was nervous when we hired Franklin but then I was thinking, how could it be worse. I will admit, I am starting to get nervous again. However, I don't think it is the end of the world and I think that Auburn can still be successful with this offense. Let's all be patient and wait until a couple of games before we try and say this thing has failed...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 08:58:07 PM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: QB Play
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 09:01:25 PM »
I'm with ya. One game does not a season make. One area of our team needs improvement, albeit a very important part of the attack. Well get there. My panties are only slightly twisted, not quite in a full knot just yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 09:10:53 PM »
My panties are only slightly twisted, not quite in a full knot just yet.
I would pay cash money to see you in a pair of black panties. :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 09:15:27 PM »
Black is too hot for this time of the year. I'm in a nice white cotton Brazil cut. Just a little snug, but cool.

BTW, I'm bringing a bottle of Italian wine down for you Sept 20th. The USPS won't get another gift from me!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Tiger Wench

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 09:25:03 PM »
BTW, I'm bringing a bottle of Italian wine down for you Sept 20th. The USPS won't get another gift from me!
FABULOUS!  Bring two glasses and then I won't have to take it home!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 09:26:56 PM »

Ah...someone else who purchased Jumbo's quote function instructional video!  :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 09:29:20 PM »

Hell, i owe you 2 for backing out of Houston. I'll fill you in on the whys and hows over a glass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 02:42:18 AM »
Yeah, I think Todd is getting a bad rap also. If it was such an obvious choice, even after this past Saturday, then CTT would probably push CTF into making one of them the clear #1. Kodi getting hurt did not help the matter any. With CTF's type of offense, Kodi should be the obvious choice if he has corrected he has corrected his accuracy problems with what little we saw from him last year. CTF said Todd has the first game jitters and I tend to believe him since he knows the kid better then me. Todd has to be a good QB for CTF to have recruited him to begin with. However, if Todd and Burns eventually share the same level of passing efficiency, then Burns would have the advantage because of his mobility, though Todd does have experience in running the spread offense.

I also kind of lean towards Kodi getting more snaps because he is a sophomore, while Todd is junior. I figure if Kodi is the #1 guy for the next three years, he will be freakin' awesome by the time he is a senior.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 07:33:11 AM »
Many people confuse happy feet when you throw to happy feet when you are going through your progressions.

The first....VERY bad.

The second is not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Six

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 07:34:27 AM »
Many people confuse happy feet when you throw to happy feet when you are going through your progressions.

The first....VERY bad.

The second is not.

What do dancing penguins have to do with any of this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 07:39:18 AM »
What do dancing penguins have to do with any of this?

Why do you hate Morgan Freeman?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 07:45:47 AM »

And just who was that woman with him in Mississippi?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Six

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 07:47:35 AM »
And just who was that woman with him in Mississippi?

Sarah Pallin's daughter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 07:48:26 AM »

Robin Williams
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 07:50:51 AM »
Robin Williams

Why are you making inane comments and not reading your PMs?  I am highly disappointed that I do not have some sort of constructive feedback from you yet?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 07:59:44 AM »
Why are you making inane comments and not reading your PMs?  I am highly disappointed that I do not have some sort of constructive feedback from you yet?

Glazed right over that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 09:34:15 AM »
In today's Bamaham News, CTT said that Kodi is questionable for this weekend's game against Southern Miss.  We may get a chance to see what Todd can do when he has the reigns all to himself.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 09:50:37 AM »
In today's Bamaham News, CTT said that Kodi is questionable for this weekend's game against Southern Miss.  We may get a chance to see what Todd can do when he has the reigns all to himself.

If Saturday night was any indication, he will do better on "Pants Off, Dance Off" than running this offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 10:25:20 AM »
If Saturday night was any indication, he will do better on "Pants Off, Dance Off" than running this offense.
Did I win?...Whats High Score Mean?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Tiger Wench

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 10:39:30 AM »

Okay - who fucked with my post?  I re-read it after it posted, and it didn't look like this!!!!!!!!!!!  I am not quote-challenged, dammit. :box:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions