Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ok, say CTT ends up going to aTm.

Ogre

Ok, say CTT ends up going to aTm.
« on: November 05, 2007, 04:13:16 PM »
As much as I hate to admit it, I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave.  I hope he stays at Auburn, but for shits and giggles, let's say he's College Station-bound after this year.  Who are your top 3 candidates to replace him?  Keep in mind we'll have an extra $6 mil to throw at a new coach due to his buyout.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

Re: Ok, say CTT ends up going to aTm.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 04:28:20 PM »
I heard Jack Bauer runs a wishbone-west coast hybrid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 04:45:40 PM »
I heard Jack Bauer runs a wishbone-west coast hybrid.

I would be totally surprised if it happened. 

That being said I don't know who to look toward.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
  • On a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 04:49:51 PM »

3.  Tucker Max

Recruits would line up to play for this guy.

I'd take (in no particular order):

1)  Gary Patterson
2)  Gus Malzahn (call me woopig brainwashed, but his offense at Tulsa is awesome)
3)  <insert obscure NFL assistant here>
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Life can really kick your ass.  I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine.

Ogre

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 04:58:24 PM »
I know I'm going to sound bat-shit crazy and bammeresque, but here goes:

1.  Spurrier.  I'm not saying he'd come, but frickin' a, I think he's the best coach in the college game and I'd silently make him an offer behind the scenes to see if he'd be interested.  If he's not, I'd move on to

2.  Chris Peterson (Boise State).  This is the guy I wanted to take the OC reigns the year we hired Borges, and I still want him at Auburn.  I would make him either keep Muschamp on board or hire the next best DC out there, but this guy has a great offensive mind, and I think he'd stay for the long haul (as long as he wins, of course).  If he said no, I'd go for

3.  Muschamp, or perhaps Bo Pellini.  I like the idea of having a defensive-minded HC (like CTT), and I think both of these guys are going to be great HC's in the near future.  I love Muschamp's passion, but I'm not sure how that would carry-over to the HC's job. 

Honestly, I wouldn't be upset to see Petrino come back to Auburn as long as we locked his ass in a contract with a high buyout, similar to CTT's.  Again, make him hire a proven, kick-ass DC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 05:04:26 PM »
2.  Chris Peterson (Boise State).  This is the guy I wanted to take the OC reigns the year we hired Borges, and I still want him at Auburn.  I would make him either keep Muschamp on board or hire the next best DC out there, but this guy has a great offensive mind, and I think he'd stay for the long haul (as long as he wins, of course).  If he said no, I'd go for

I'm not very impressed with Dan Hawkins....and Nutt came from BSU also.

I think BSU is producing shit coaches.  Good for their conference...not good for ours.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Life can really kick your ass.  I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine.

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 10:34:47 PM »
     You mean you guys don't want Butch Davis?  Most everyone in Arkansas is convinced he's the best thing since fried Spam sandwiches.  I disagree on Dan Hawkins, he'll have Colorado winning soon.  I think he's still dealing with some scholarship reductions from all the rape charges.  Would love to see him in Ark if they run HDN, don't know if he'd leave Colorado to step into our mess though.  I also don't think Malzahn is ready.  His offense is much like Tex Tech or Hawaii's.  They'll run it up on bad teams, will struggle against good ones. 
     How about Mangino at Kansas?  Think he is a one hit wonder? 
     Didn't you guys have Jimbo Fisher at one time?  Figure he'll get a head coaching gig soon.
     I hear Terry Bowden is looking to get back into coaching, why don't you guys give him another chance?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 07:22:49 AM »
I hear Terry Bowden is looking to get back into coaching, why don't you guys give him another chance?     

May a hoard of near sighted locusts descend upon you for your Tater Tot comment.

Fisher will be the next coach at FSU.

I think Butch has shown that he has the ability to do well but I do not think he is the end all be all.

I do think you are right about Dan Hawkins bringing Colorado back.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 09:05:33 AM »
I am in agreement with Spurrier.  I think he is quickly learning that he cannot win consistently there, and I believe he could in Auburn, as long as he gets a good DC...in other words, keep Muschamp.

Petrino would make a good coach, and it would be a great way for the PTB at Auburn to thumb their collective noses back at Tubs if he did leave fot aTm.  I just don't know how long he would stay around with his happy feet.

I think Muschamp would make a great HC in a few years, but I am not sure he is ready now.

Otherwise, I don't think there are any "great" candidates that would be available w/o some serious green coming out of the Auburn pockets.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 11:35:33 AM »
As much as I hate to admit it, I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave.  I hope he stays at Auburn, but for shits and giggles, let's say he's College Station-bound after this year.  Who are your top 3 candidates to replace him?  Keep in mind we'll have an extra $6 mil to throw at a new coach due to his buyout.

What the hell have I missed here?  Besides the uber gay website to keep our coach on board through petitioning (which I signed, nonetheless, despite the fact that petition websites normally have the opposite effect than what they're intended for), are there any substantial claims other than those spurned from the rumor mill?  Are ya'll hearing shit on the premium boards or something similar?  MY GOD IS MY TUBBY LEAVING ME?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 11:39:33 AM »
  MY GOD IS MY TUBBY LEAVING ME?

Nobody knows anything.  All just speculation.  A&M want to talk to him.  No doubt about that.

Your Tubby will not be going anywhere.

[attachment deleted by admin]
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JohnDeere

• Pledge
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 11:49:38 AM »
1) Paul Johnson at Navy
2) Bobby Johnson at Vandy
3) Jim Grobe at Wake Forest
4) Frank Solich at University of Ohio, seriously
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 11:53:39 AM »
1) Paul Johnson at Navy
2) Bobby Johnson at Vandy
3) Jim Grobe at Wake Forest
4) Frank Solich at University of Ohio, seriously

That's a pretty good list.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JohnDeere

• Pledge
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 12:10:17 PM »
That's a pretty good list.

I'd love to see the wishbone or wing-T in the SEC again. (Wake Forest doesn't run either set but they are a solid running team).

Will an option style offense work in the SEC? Probably not.
It would take a few years to get the size athletes needed to run it, but it would be frickin awesome.

Was it 1996 when Nebraska laid like 350 yards of the run on UF in the NC game (see Frank Solich)?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 02:46:38 PM »
I know I'm going to sound bat-shit crazy and bammeresque, but here goes:

1.  Spurrier.  I'm not saying he'd come, but frickin' a, I think he's the best coach in the college game and I'd silently make him an offer behind the scenes to see if he'd be interested.  If he's not, I'd move on to

3.  Muschamp, or perhaps Bo Pellini.  I like the idea of having a defensive-minded HC (like CTT), and I think both of these guys are going to be great HC's in the near future.  I love Muschamp's passion, but I'm not sure how that would carry-over to the HC's job. 

Honestly, I wouldn't be upset to see Petrino come back to Auburn as long as we locked his ass in a contract with a high buyout, similar to CTT's.  Again, make him hire a proven, kick-ass DC.
I'm a huge Chris Peterson fan, his playcalling against Oklahoma last year was fucking awesome. Muschamp will be a great coach one day. I also think Patrick Nix would be a great fit for our tigers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 09:13:27 PM »
I'm a huge Chris Peterson fan, his playcalling against Oklahoma last year was fucking awesome. Muschamp will be a great coach one day. I also think Patrick Nix would be a great fit for our tigers
Nix is still too young.  Let him do the Offense Cord thing for awhile...that Miami offense against NC State last week...one word ATROCIOUS :bag:

My List (in order):

1. Jim Leavitt- USF - Guy has a ten year old team and is in a state full of prime time programs imagine what he could do with a real team with facilities and opportunities.
2. Bo Pelini -LSU- I think its only a matter of time before he's a head coach.
3. Jim Grobe - Wake Forrest - pretty much the same reason as Leavitt.
4. Will Muschamp- AU- Sufficed to what others are saying regarding his emotions, I think it is good to see a coach inspire and fire up his players. I think Muschamp is going to be a hell of a head ball coach someday.

Dark Horse: Although I don't think it would ever happen and ultimately I think he is shooting for an NFL Head Job...Norm Chow

and whoever brought up Mangino, yes I think he is a one hit wonder, and I would worry about him surviving in the heat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 10:24:36 PM »
I would want nothing less than a D-1 coach with experience and a history of winning.  NO EXPERIMENTS or giving someone a shot who looks like they COULD be good.  A head coach at the D-1 level is light years ahead of any coordinator when it comes to overall responsibilities.  He's responsible for every single phase of the program right down to deciding how they come out of the tunnel.  I may, and that's a huge may, consider someone like Borges simply because he's been around the game so long and and has seen it all.

My list:

1. As someone said earlier, I like the thought of at least talking to Spurrier behind the scenes and seeing if we could squeeze 5-7 years out of him

2. Petrino as long as he brings a proven DC with him.  The guy can coach and he'd have it all in place at Auburn.

3. Leavitt: It's already been said.  He's good.

4. Peterson with the same stipulation as Petrino above.  Despite what they called late in the game against OU, they really don't rely on trick or gadget plays.  They are usually very sound running the ball and know how to spread it around to their receivers and backs.

5. Gary Pinkel: 110-71-3 at Toledo and Missouri.  Give him the players, facilities and backing...I think we'd be happy with the choice. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2007, 09:56:27 AM »
Ya'll can strike Leavitt off your wish lists.  He's never leaving USF.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 10:01:29 AM »
Ya'll can strike Leavitt off your wish lists.  He's never leaving USF.

I say we have about as much chance of getting him as aTm has of getting Tuberville.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007, 10:11:31 AM »
I would expect to get him over the likes of Spurrier. Also curious as to where your assumption comes from?  Just because he has no interest in uat, can you blame the man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum