Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

SEC Media Days

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
SEC Media Days
« on: July 13, 2015, 09:58:49 AM »
If you could ask Jeremy Johnson, Jonathan Jones, or Kris Frost a football question, what would you ask?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: SEC Media Days
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 10:12:07 AM »
What's their favorite flavored spice to smoke.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 10:23:44 AM »
Johnson - What is your favorite series of plays to run, and why?

Frost - What is your least favorite offense/scheme to defend, and why?

Jones - Who is your least favorite WR to defend, and why?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 10:33:26 AM »
Johnson - How much do you work with your receivers in the off season to get your timing down?  Do all of them participate?

Jones - What's the difference in the atmosphere and attitude of the players from Corch Chiz' last year to now?

Frost - Let's say a QB is rolling out and you're giving chase. If he fakes a throw does that make you jump, jump?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 10:34:07 AM »
Johnson - What is your favorite series of plays to run, and why?

Frost - What is your least favorite offense/scheme to defend, and why?

Jones - Who is your least favorite WR to defend, and why?
This is actually two questions per player, therefore you are disqualified.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 10:46:33 AM »
This is actually two questions per player, therefore you are disqualified.
At least he stuck to the subject.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 10:51:19 AM »
At least he stuck to the subject.
spice and AU football are one in the same. They go hand in hand dude. Don't question my authority.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 01:50:42 PM »
Jeremy Johnson: When they bend over and you say hike, who's balls are bigger, Dismukes or Dampeers?

Jones: Why is it that everyone is busy, when playing football, trying to keep up with you?

Frost: Does your headband which you wear while playing football, signify that you are a blood or a crip?
Dude, you are much funnier than you used to be. Well, you really didn't used to be funny at all. But now....get out of here. You are a riot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 01:56:18 PM »
Kris Frost:

How pissed were you the year you had to play behind Jake Holland?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bgreene

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 02:49:56 PM »
Not to change the subject but, watching media days and ticker on the bottom says "facts to know- Alabama has toughest schedule in the nation according to one of the ESPNs". Also, if you are able to watch right now they are about to show a special on JJ.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 02:54:42 PM »
Jeremy Johnson: Do you like Tucker Tuberville?

Jones: Can Tucker Tuberville throw?

Frost: Why is Tucker Tuberville not here?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 02:56:18 PM »
Not to change the subject but, watching media days and ticker on the bottom says "facts to know- Alabama has toughest schedule in the nation according to one of the ESPNs". Also, if you are able to watch right now they are about to show a special on JJ.

What does the Texan's defensive tackle have to do with SEC Media Days?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 03:04:51 PM »
Gus's comments

"Our theme this year is 'count on me,'" says Gus Malzahn. That's a motto that started in the spring.

-- "Another positive is we have our entire offensive staff" together for the third year in a row.

-- This season mirrors 2013 more than 2014. He says team has chance to improve each game.

-- Malzahn appreciates Jeremy Johnson's patience as backup for two years. He could have went elsewhere, but did not.

-- On Will Muschamp: "He just has that presence around him. He gives all the coaches confidence, he gives his players confidence."

-- On cost of attendance: "I don't really think it's impacted (recruiting) too much." Auburn just states the facts "but I am glad we have it."

-- Carl Lawson being back at defensive end: "We had trouble putting pressure on the quarterback" in 2014. "Not having Carl, that really hurt us last year."

-- A lot of common words here in reference to penalties and second half of the season. "We faltered. Matter of fact, we faltered in the second half of the season" with penalties. Malzahn earlier said

-- Any motivation around the complex to beat Alabama after the 55-44 loss last season? "No, really just focusing on playing better defense." He adds that he "likes our chances" to beat Alabama this year.

-- Lack of discipline on defense last season: "I think it starts with pass rush." Malzahn repeating himself here when asked about the defense. "The bottom line is, we've got to get better." He calls Muschamp, again, the best defensive coordinator in football.

-- Malzahn repeats that team will have to grow and improve week to week like in 2013. "We're going to have to play well and we're probably going to have to win some close games to have a chance to win the championship in our league."

-- Malzahn doesn't know Louisville's Bobby Petrino very well personally, but "he's a very good offensive coach." Auburn "will have to play extremely well" to win.

-- Malzahn calls SEC West "a man's league."

-- Ever felt like you had to give something up defensively because of your fast offense? "The bottom line is winning games and I think you, as a successful coach, whether playing fast or slow, you have to determine what's best for you team."

Malzahn says he talks to OC Rhett Lashlee and DC Will Muschamp about "what they need" to be successful.

-- Hughes High, Malzahn's first coaching job, folded and consolidated with a nearby school. "I told the coach at West Memphis he shouldn't lose a game with those players."

-- Malzahn on Nick Saban's comments about Cam Newton and Nick Marshall getting second chances. Take issue with it as it relates to the real topic, which is domestic violence transfer rule in SEC? "No, I didn't, but I really feel like this is all stemming from domestic violence. ... I believe most coaches wouldn't have a problem with that."

-- Malzahn on the video board: "It's big. It's real big." He says Auburn will practice inside the stadium with the video board turned on so that players will get used to it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2015, 03:37:45 PM »
Ever felt like you had to give something up defensively because of your fast offense? "The bottom line is winning games and I think you, as a successful coach, whether playing fast or slow, you have to determine what's best for you team."

This quote, or question, right here.  ^^^ I honestly don't understand the issue. It's being brought up here and it's been discussed by D1 coaches and even Chizik supposedly asked Malzahn to slow it down some.  Since it's been talked about by 1,000X greater football minds than me, apparently there's something to it.  So, the premise is that because your offense is playing so fast, your defense has to go back out on the field much quicker and maybe more often no matter if the offense scores or they have a 3 and out.  I get that but I just don't think that's the case the way college football games are played and more importantly, broadcast these days.

First off, here's a real novel concept. Don't know if coaches have considered this one or not but I'm gonna' throw it out there just in case.  How about when the defense goes out there....they hold the other team to a 3 and out?  How about they not let the other team go 80 yards in 10 plays?  Just because your offense plays fast doesn't mean you get a pass on tackling or covering someone.  Go out there and stop their offense and you get to go sit down in front of the fans and take a few slugs off the Hatorade bottle. 

Second, let's say your "fast" offense does go 3 and out.  What happens?  They jog off the field and the punting team runs on.  The long snapper.....I'ma let that soak in for a sec.....snaps it back and the punter who boots it 43 yards downfield.  The returner signals fair catch.  They both jog off the field.  Aaaaannnd..the little guy in the red hat walks slowly on the field with his hand up and your D gets to spend the next 5 minutes in front of the fans, taking slugs off the Hatorade bottle.

For me, it doesn't make two shits how fast or slow your offense plays.  If the D sucks and can't tackle or cover, they'll be out there most of the game.  If they're stout, they'll only be out there a few minutes and then they can come off the field, sit in front of the fans....and take a few slugs off the Hatorade bottle.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2015, 04:47:28 PM »
To all three:  What does it feel like to suit up on the opposite sideline from Nick Saban?

No wait...that's what the .cuomz will ask.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 04:53:07 PM »
To all three:  What does it feel like to suit up on the opposite sideline from Nick Saban?

No wait...that's what the .cuomz will ask.

Finebaum was on Colin Cowturd this morning and said there's only one thing everyone is waiting on.  Nobody cares about any of this except the arrival of NICK......SABAN.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2015, 04:09:00 PM »
For me, it doesn't make two shits how fast or slow your offense plays.  If the D sucks and can't tackle or cover, they'll be out there most of the game.  If they're stout, they'll only be out there a few minutes and then they can come off the field, sit in front of the fans....and take a few slugs off the Hatorade bottle.   

A defense has to be good no matter what. The difference is that if your offense is good, and fast, you go back out on the field with points instead of going back out there after a quick three and out. And a good defense can feed off of that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2015, 09:47:33 PM »
A defense has to be good no matter what. The difference is that if your offense is good, and fast, you go back out on the field with points instead of going back out there after a quick three and out. And a good defense can feed off of that.

You complete me.  Listen to this man. Been there, done that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions