Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

NYSE shut down due to technical issues?

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
NYSE shut down due to technical issues?
« on: July 08, 2015, 12:59:39 PM »
Or is this the beginning of BHO's remodeling of amerika?

Trading on the New York Stock Exchange    was suspended in late-morning trade on Wednesday with U.S. stocks plunging more than 1 percent as continued concerns about Greece and the extended selloff in the Chinese market pressured investor sentiment. 
"We've had some technical malfunctions. Some may be related to connectivity with other exchanges. I believe we're going to have a temporary pause certainly in a variety of stocks perhaps floor wide," Art Cashin, director of floor operations at the NYSE, told CNBC, adding that the halt will not cause a move in a particular direction.
 Other exchanges, however, continued trading normally. The NYSE later said that all open orders amid the halt will be cancelled.
 "What happens with these situations is often you get a sort of residual result. You're all clear or you get caught up to date and there's a little bit of a backlog that pops up somewhere, and it tends to jam things up. So I don't think any of us has quite enough information yet," Cashin added.
U.S. Officials also said there were no indications of a cyberattack.
 The Dow Jones industrial average traded about 200 points lower after NYSE trading was halted as the major averages declined, with the Nasdaq Composite off more than 1 percent as biotechs and Apple   (AAPL) plunged more than 1 percent. The iPhone maker was also the worst performing stock in the Dow. 
 The S&P 500 struggled to hold gains for the year. The index dipped into negative territory Tuesday but recovered in afternoon trade to hold slightly higher for 2015.
  "I think we're just realigning the U.S. market with the declines elsewhere," said Peter Boockvar, chief market analyst at The Lindsey Group.
   Read More  Greece asks for third bailout, pledges reforms
 In China, the Shanghai Composite closed nearly 6 percent lower despite supportive government measures. The index has fallen more than 30 percent from its mid-June peak amid frequent bouts of extreme volatility. Analysts say the turbulence is starting to unnerve regional investors.

"There was no real trigger until Chinese stocks became too pricey," said Nick Raich, CEO of The Earnings Scout. "The trigger that sent this all off has been the Greece debt crisis." 
 European stocks traded higher on Thursday amid hopes of a Greece deal. However, the indices are more than 2 percent lower for the week so far.
 The Greek government has until Friday morning to present detailed reform proposals to allow a bailout deal by a Sunday summit. 

Read More    Apple preparing record number of iPhones: Report

Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras addressed the European Parliament on Wednesday, lambasting Europe's advocacy of austerity and the efficacy of Greece's bailout programs since 2010, but promised a detailed, "concrete" deal would be presented in the next two to three days.
 "Unfortunately the U.S. will remain headline-driven until earnings season which (starts) with Alcoa tonight," Boockvar said. "Today will clearly be bullied around by headlines out of Greece." 

The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) minutes at 2 p.m. ET will also be in focus, with traders scanning the Federal Reserve's June meeting report for hints on interest rate rise timing.

Read More  Fed minutes could be negative for market

"I think the Fed minutes are something to watch closely," said Randy Frederick, managing director of trading and derivatives at Charles Schwab. But "usually the market doesn't do much around the minutes until they're released."
  The  Dow Jones Industrial Average   (Dow Jones Global Indexes: .DJI) traded down 215 points, or 1.2 percent, at 17,567, with General Electric leading decliners and Microsoft   (MSFT) the only advancer.
  The  S&P 500   (^GSPC) traded down 23 points, or 1.13 percent, at 2,057, with telecommunications leading all 10 sectors lower.
  The  Nasdaq   (^IXIC) traded down 68 points, or 1.37 percent, at 4,929.
  The  CBOE Volatility Index (VIX)   (^VIX), widely considered the best gauge of fear in the market, traded near 18.
     View gallery   Dow drops 200 as Greece, China weigh height=158          Brendan McDermid | Reuters. U.S. stocks traded sharply lower on Wednesday as continued concerns abou …   About five stocks declined for every advancer on the New York Stock Exchange, with an exchange volume of 194 million and a composite volume of 1.22 billion as of 11:30 a.m.
  Crude oil futures for August delivery lost 81 cents to $51.52 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Gold futures rose $7.50 to $1,160.20 an ounce in morning trade.
 Bond yields held lower, with the 10-year yield at 2.23 percent and the 2-year at 0.57 percent. The Treasury auctions $21 billion in 10-year notes this afternoon. 
The U.S. dollar fell about half a percent against major world currencies as the euro gained to above $1.10.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dow-briefly-falls-150-points-133507365.html#
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: NYSE shut down due to technical issues?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 01:13:18 PM »
Better cash in bitches. I'm getting all of my 471 bucks out before the Jews take it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 02:21:24 PM »
Right about now, China is wishing their issues were only a technical glitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 02:41:40 PM »
The cyber security companies stocks have soared today.  Just sayin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 02:48:00 PM »
Skynet...it's finally here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 03:39:34 PM »
Get the Nikes on bitches, it's almost time to be beamed up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.