Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bentley, the Flag and pussification

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Bentley, the Flag and pussification
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2015, 02:18:03 PM »
You have a swell vocabulary counselor.

I'm surprised he believes us Xer retards can even understand him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2015, 03:40:06 PM »
You have a swell vocabulary counselor.

Keen even
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2015, 04:14:44 PM »
Some people around here have become so obsequious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2015, 05:39:53 PM »
Some people around here have become so obsequious.
Just as long as they don't become puerile.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2015, 12:30:42 PM »
I'll worry about that last bit as soon as hate groups start committing violence while draping themselves in Jeffersonian attire.

Once your symbol/flag is co-opted for the awful purposes that the confederate flag has been, then it's appropriate for the government to refuse to implicitly support the symbol further.

Private entities (Amazon/eBay/tv networks) are making business decisions that are wholly within their purview. 

You are not losing anything, petulant southern people.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/23/university-texas-confederate-statue_n_7648100.html

Students at the University of Texas at Austin have renewed their calls to remove a statue of Jefferson Davis, who served as president of the Confederacy during the Civil War, from the school's campus.

Activists have redoubled their efforts to have the statue removed in the days since the mass shooting at a historically black church in Charleston, South Carolina, last week. In the wake of that tragedy, a growing number of voices have demanded that South Carolina remove the Confederate flag that flies on the grounds of its Statehouse. Other petitions in Georgia, Maryland, Minnesota, Tennessee and Virginia have called for the removal or renaming of local landmarks that somehow pay tribute to the Confederacy.

The Davis statue has already been a source of controversy this year. It, along with statues of Confederate generals Robert E. Lee and Albert Sidney Johnston, was vandalized this week with graffiti reading "Black Lives Matter." The Davis statue had previously been marked in March and April as well.

Xavier Rotnofsky and Rohit Mandalapu -- president and vice president, respectively, of the UT Austin student government -- met with university President Gregory Fenves on Monday.

"We had a very productive meeting with President Fenves and are positive that there will be positive discussion and change on campus," Mandalapu told The Huffington Post.

In a statement to HuffPost, Fenves said that he plans on Wednesday to announce a committee "of students, faculty members and alumni that will discuss the future of the Jefferson Davis statue and provide a range of options for me to review."

Mandalapu and Rotnofsky listed the statue's removal as one of their platform points in their campaign and filed a resolution for its removal before they were elected.

"Statues are [a] means to memorialize and glorify the ideals and values of whomever they depict," Mandalapu told HuffPost. "Jefferson Davis was someone who vehemently supported the institution of slavery and white supremacy. That is not in line with the university's values and does not promote the ideals of a diverse and all-inclusive university."

On Sunday, the student government launched a petition to have the statue of Davis removed. As of Tuesday afternoon, the petition had received more than 2,400 signatures, including that of Rep. Joaquín Castro (D-Texas), according to The Texas Tribune.

"For myself, as an African-American female, I felt that not signing the petition was sitting back and watching things happen," Abigail Haile, a rising senior, told HuffPost. "If we get the statue taken down, I think that would be history made."

Mukund Rathi, a rising senior who published an op-ed about the statue in the UT Austin student newspaper this week, said he would like to see the statue removed and destroyed -- not placed in a museum, as has been suggested.

"As far as I’m concerned, I think there is no justification for the statue to be here," Rathi told HuffPost. "In light of the shooting in Charleston, we have to take seriously what that legitimacy means and what it can do."

Despite alumni and students calling for the statue to be removed, Haile said there are still people on campus fighting to keep it in place, arguing that Davis should be respected and honored for his role in history.

"His pillar was being a supporter of a slave society. That was his main focus, that's what he wanted," Haile said. "If you make one mistake, I understand that. But that's not one mistake. That's what his legacy is."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2015, 01:02:47 PM »
Maybe someday soon we can get to the point of erasing all of history up until our most recent tweet.

Unless it's a mean tweet. Cause then the Recdep is nuking that mofo from orbit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2015, 01:03:10 PM »
I love how government educated sheeple follow the liberal mantra of what the civil war was about.

JD stood for a free South. One that would make up ts own mind and not be oppressed by a north controlled by the wealthy businessmen looking to destroy the south's new found wealth.

The way they found to do that was to attack slavery which was the lifeblood of the south's rapid rise in agricultural wealth.

The south was changing and the cost of slavery was getting to the point that it was not all that profitable. But it was still, as southerners felt, their institution to decide upon. Slavery would have phased out rather quickly in terms of history and equality would have eventually come about.
The wealthy of the north did not want to wait that long. The south was becoming too powerful in terms of wealth. The American Civil War was created by the money men of the north to destroy the south. It worked and they still got to blame it on something else entirely. 

The south was, as America did in 1776, fighting against an oppressive government ruled by the northern elite. Lincoln was controlled by that elite, as was Grant after him.

So as I look upon any confederate leader, I always see an individual standing up for states' rights. And as we see daily, the tenth amendment is getting shat upon quite regularly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2015, 05:21:29 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/23/university-texas-confederate-statue_n_7648100.html

Idiots call for and rally for all manner of stupid shit.  This hasn't a snowball's chance in hell for all the reasons previously discussed.

I love how government educated sheeple follow the liberal mantra of what the civil war was about.

No one who is being intellectually honest can read the various states' Articles of Secession and conclude that slavery was not the primary factor.  The particular "state right" to which the 11 seceding states (well, 10, since Tennessee was just kind of along for the ride) objected was, in fact, the right of the northern states to prohibit the Southerners from bringing their slaves into the northern states that prohibited slavery.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 05:29:27 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2015, 05:33:03 PM »
But the real question is what did Colonel Angus think about slavery?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2015, 05:37:18 PM »
But the real question is what did Colonel Angus think about slavery?
He knew when they were licked down south.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2015, 09:29:38 PM »
VIDEO: Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable Guy Make Their Own “Dukes of Hazzard,” It’s Going Viral

“The PC Dukes of Hazzard.”

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2015, 12:46:16 AM »
Idiots call for and rally for all manner of stupid shit.  This hasn't a snowball's chance in hell for all the reasons previously discussed.

No one who is being intellectually honest can read the various states' Articles of Secession and conclude that slavery was not the primary factor.  The particular "state right" to which the 11 seceding states (well, 10, since Tennessee was just kind of along for the ride) objected was, in fact, the right of the northern states to prohibit the Southerners from bringing their slaves into the northern states that prohibited slavery.

If you are a surface reader, then you can follow that logic. If you understand the happenings that led up to this, then you would understand why slavery as involved at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2015, 08:33:20 AM »
If you are a surface reader, then you can follow that logic. If you understand the happenings that led up to this, then you would understand why slavery as involved at all.

How about from the mouths of babes, or Alexander Stephens if you prefer:

But not to be tedious in enumerating the numerous changes for the better, allow me to allude to one other-though last, not least: the new Constitution has put at rest forever all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institutions-African slavery as it exists among us-the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution....Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and moral condition.  This, our new Government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2015, 09:33:22 AM »
How about from the mouths of babes, or Alexander Stephens if you prefer:

But not to be tedious in enumerating the numerous changes for the better, allow me to allude to one other-though last, not least: the new Constitution has put at rest forever all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institutions-African slavery as it exists among us-the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution....Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and moral condition.  This, our new Government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.

Like I said, surface intellect.

It was like, all of a sudden, the south just decided to start a war. No provocation, no previous actions taken toward them. Them feds just popped up one day and got all mushy-eyed about the plight of the poor old darkies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2015, 09:45:31 AM »
Like I said, surface intellect.

It was like, all of a sudden, the south just decided to start a war. No provocation, no previous actions taken toward them. Them feds just popped up one day and got all mushy-eyed about the plight of the poor old darkies.

Of course there was prior provocation.  I'm not suggesting that the two sides weren't antagonistic before the first musket pop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2015, 04:38:49 PM »
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/07/mitch_landrieu_confederate_mon.html

So. Apparently the Big Easy had a classy little debate on the topic last week.

1:11 p.m.: Next speaker, Rudy Mills, is also raising the specter of Andrew Jackson. "Let's put up some Nazi Swastika symbols around the city. The Jewish Community will show you how to take them down."

He calls for the removal of the Fleur-de-lis symbol. "Check the history," he says. "It's also a very racist symbol."

1 p.m.: Next speaker says it's a testament to the power of white Supremacy that people think there is a debate to be had. "They can't see that it is offensive to pay homage to these people who committed genocide."

If the statues and street names don't come down "ASAP." If it doesn't happen pronto. "We are going to put people on the ground and make it very ugly."

He also invokes Iberville, the French colonialist who started European settlement in the area.

12:48 p.m.: W.C. Johnson, a black man, gives an extended prepared speech calling for the abolition of all Confederate symbols. Closes his speech by calling for the construction of monuments to Africans who "pulled whites out of caves" and lead them to civilization.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2015, 04:44:33 PM »
 :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2015, 09:31:16 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2015, 05:19:47 PM »
from teh foxnewsdot I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

A sculpture in Georgia larger than a football field – depicting Civil War luminaries Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee and Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson – has become the latest target in the push to purge the South of signs of the Confederacy.

The Atlanta chapter of the NAACP called Monday for the elimination of all symbols of the Confederacy from Stone Mountain Park, whose marquee attraction is the 90-foot-high, 190-foot-wide sculpture carved deep into the mountain.

"Those guys need to go,” chapter leader Richard Rose told WSB-TV, referring to Davis, the former president of the Confederate States of America, and the two Confederate generals. “They can be sand-blasted off, or somebody could carefully remove a slab of that and auction it off to the highest bidder.

"My tax dollars should not be used to commemorate slavery,” he added.

In addition to the removal of Confederate symbols from Stone Mountain Park, located outside of Atlanta, the group says it also wants all symbols removed from state-owned buildings, parks and lands.

A spokesman for the park told WSB-TV that any removal of the monuments is up to the Georgia state legislature.

Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga., who serves the district in which the mountain sits, told local radio station V-103 that he is “not so much affected by Stone Mountain Park as I am by the flag flying at an official government building like a state capitol or even the federal Capitol, a position, the seat of government.”

“I view Stone Mountain as more of a museum-type archaeological place of remembrance for those who want to remember back then and they have a right to remember back then and the park is there,” he said.

The push from the NAACP comes on the heels of the removal of the Confederate battle flag from the South Carolina state house. A June shooting at a black church in Charleston, S.C., that left 9 dead has sparked debates over the Confederate flag's place in the South. The alleged killer, Dylann Roof, was white and posted numerous photos online of himself with the rebel flag.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions