Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Liberal or Conservative stupid ass laws

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Liberal or Conservative stupid ass laws
« on: June 16, 2015, 10:43:50 AM »
I don't know how to classify this one. I only know that if this constitutes neglect, then my parents would have served out the remainder of their lives in prison for the tremendous amount of "neglect" they pummeled me with for many years while they were working and trying to provide food, shelter, etc. for our family.

Kid plays outside alone at his house and neighbor calls cops since parents aren't home. Parents get charged with neglect. Surely there's more to the story, right? I wish so but apparently not.

I'm guessing the cop was a woman. EDIT: My apologies for the gender bias. Upon actually reading all of the story, it was a stupid and pansy ass man cop and not the overly-protective woman cop that I had envisioned.
http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/06/14/florida-parents-charged-felony-neglect-after-11-year-old-son-plays-backyard-90-minutes

Parents Charged with 'Neglect' After 11-Year-Old Plays in Yard for 90 Minutes
Jun 14, 2015 // 11:30am  î„” 

Two Florida parents were hit with felony neglect charges after their 11-year-old son was reportedly playing alone in the backyard for an hour and a half.

According to his mother, the boy arrived home before his parents and was locked out of the house, so he shot some hoops in the yard until they arrived.

A neighbor saw the child outside alone and called the local police. When his mother and father arrived home, they were met by a police officer, who arrested them for child negligence.

Robert Bianchi and Steve Raiser joined Clayton Morris on "Fox and Friends Weekend" to debate whether these charges are excessive.

"He didn't know where his parents were. He was locked out of his house. And he didn't have access to emergency services, shelter, food, things like that," Bianchi said.

Raiser countered that there was no danger from the neglect and felony charges may actually cause more damage in this case.

"What is important is in Florida there is no minimum age where a child cannot be left alone at home," Raiser said. "Where is the greater harm? In this government overreach, where they come in and kind of steamroll this family and try to address some sort of neglect charge, they created the harm, because they removed the 11-year-old child from home, along with his four-year-old brother, for a month, in and out of foster care."

"This is a typical example of when government goes too far and actually creates a worse situation than before."

Watch the "Fox and Friends Weekend" clip above.

The parents spoke out recently to Reason magazine. The mother stated:

The authorities claim he had no access to water or shelter.  We have an open shed in the back yard and 2 working sinks and 2 hoses.  They said he had no food.  He ate his snacks already.  He had no bathroom, but the responding officer found our yard good enough to relieve himself in while our son sat in a police car alone.  In his own yard, in a state,  Florida, that has no minimum age for children to be alone.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:58:03 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: Liberal or Conservative stupid ass laws
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 10:47:44 AM »
The next charge I'd be facing is assault, after I beat a neighbors ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 11:08:17 AM »
When I was 11 and the neighbors saw me alone out in my back yard shooting hoops.

They knew I wasn't out fucking shit up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 11:22:13 AM »
Times, they have a changed.  So many get the hell off my lawn things I could say right now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 02:42:03 PM »
When I was 11 and the neighbors saw me alone out in my back yard shooting hoops.......

They would come shoot hoops with me or invite me in for a cold glass of Kool Aid and a snack until my parents came home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 03:25:13 PM »
They would come shoot hoops with me or invite me in for a cold glass of Kool Aid and a snack until my parents came home.

And flip through a couple of Playboys that just happened to be lying around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 03:31:45 PM »
They would come shoot hoops with me or invite me in for a cold glass of Kool Aid and a smack me until my parents came home.

I lived in a rough area.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 12:11:39 AM »
Child services only goes after people with something to lose. They leave poor kids in shitty situations because it might cost the state money. If you got a little money, they want to stick it to you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 01:04:52 PM »
Child services only goes after people with something to lose. They leave poor kids in shitty situations because it might cost the state money. If you got a little money, they want to stick it to you.
I have never seen or experienced an instance in which a government worker, at any level, is the least bit concerned about anything costing a government entity money. But, your example is likely spot on re: the opportunity to take money from citizens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com