Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

AU has real Threat at LB

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
AU has real Threat at LB
« on: April 23, 2015, 02:56:01 PM »
Commitment that is.

http://247sports.com/Article/Tre-Threat-fulfulls-childhood-dream-with-Auburn-commitment-36921041

SPANISH FORT, Ala. - Tre Threat grew up dreaming of playing at Auburn. On Thursday morning, Threat took the first step of fulfilling that childhood dream by committing to Auburn during a ceremony at Spanish Fort High School.

"I grew up a fan, but I didn't just choose it because I grew up a fan," Threat told AuburnUndercover. "I chose Auburn because it's the right school for me, I can play there, it's the feeling I get. The coaches treat me like family, the athletes always welcome me in, I'm at home and comfortable. I wanted to go ahead and get it over with."

Threat, a 3-star linebacker in the 247Sports Composite, chose Auburn over Ole Miss. Threat said Alabama finished third. Threat also held offers from Kentucky, Clemson, Louisville, Mississippi State, North Carolina and Tennessee.

Auburn offered Threat on May 7. Five days later, Alabama offered. Threat already held offers from Ole Miss, North Carolina, Tennessee and others.

"I wasn't really waiting on an Auburn offer," Threat said. "I always wanted to go there growing up, but it wasn't a for sure thing. I was very pleased to get the offer and excited, but when I got it, I wasn't ready to commit anywhere. I knew I had to look at my options, especially Ole Miss. They made me feel the same way as Auburn, but there were things that stuck out at Auburn over Ole Miss."

While Threat's commitment to Auburn was made public on Thursday, Threat actually committed to Auburn during his A-Day visit last Saturday. Threat committed to the Tigers during a one-on-one meeting with head coach Gus Malzahn. Afterwards, he broke the news to defensive coordinator Will Muschamp and linebackers coach Lance Thompson.

"I told my parents first, then I told the coaches," Threat said. "I was expecting a shake of the hand, but when I told Coach Malzahn, it looked like he had an eject button in his seat. He jumped out of his seat, it was great to see him react like that. His wife was sitting right there and she jumped up and hugged me, she hugged me hard. I felt really happy they reacted that way.

"I walked out of Coach Malzhan's office and saw Coach Thompson, I shook his hand. I saw Coach Muschamp, he was smiling from ear to ear. He welcomed me to Auburn, said he's glad to coach me."

Threat credits watching the Tigers' defense during A-Day for sparking his decision to commit.

Threat will play weakside linebacker for the Tigers.
"Each time I visited, I loved it," Threat said. "Watching them in practice, it was intense and energetic. In a game, it's a difference. During the game, they were locked in. During the A-Day game, it really stood out to me. I thought they played very hard, they hit well, there were minimum busts. They are swarming to the ball."

Muschamp and Thompson have Threat, standing 6-foot-2 and 235 pounds, pegged to play the weakside linebacker position. Threat finished last season with 123 tackles and 4.5 sacks.

"I like to get to the ball and make plays," Threat said.

Threat said he plans to slow his recruitment down, but not completely shut it down concerning visits to other programs. But, make no mistake, Threat maintains he is firmly in Auburn's corner until signing day rolls around next year.

"I'll slow it down, I'm not saying I won't take maybe a visit or two next fall," Threat said, "but I'm really locked in at Auburn right now.

"Auburn fans can expect a smart, talented guy. I push myself. I love my teammates, I'm a team player. I do my job. I'm good off the field. That's what they're getting out of me."

Threat is the nation's No. 16 inside linebacker and is Auburn's sixth commitment of the Class of 2016.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: AU has real Threat at LB
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 03:28:48 PM »
Very nice.  A 6'2" 235 lb. linebacker that made 123 tackles.  That'll work. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 04:40:38 PM »
Very nice.  A 6'2" 235 lb. linebacker that made 123 tackles.  That'll work.

He's a threat to make every stop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 05:06:02 PM »
He's a threat to make every stop.

When he arrives, we'll have a Tre...a Tre...and a Tray on defense.  Not to mention a Montravius...a Dontavious...and Jauntavius on the D-line.  Devaroe and Devonte will also contribute there but don't confuse one of them with Devonte on the O-line....which by the way, may have a Diamond blocking for a Roc. Regardless, all shall bow to the royalty that is Auburn football when they come at you with a President...a Duke...a Prince...a King and of course...a Queen.  The Barber will keep them neat and trimmed while any Muschamps..err, mishaps will be handled by the Lawyer. 

I seem to be reeeeeally bored this afternoon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 05:23:18 PM »
Hard to believe that you forgot the Johnson as much as you like it.

I mentioned Jauntavius.  His is bigger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 11:09:51 PM »
When he arrives, we'll have a Tre...a Tre...and a Tray on defense.  Not to mention a Montravius...a Dontavious...and Jauntavius on the D-line.  Devaroe and Devonte will also contribute there but don't confuse one of them with Devonte on the O-line....which by the way, may have a Diamond blocking for a Roc. Regardless, all shall bow to the royalty that is Auburn football when they come at you with a President...a Duke...a Prince...a King and of course...a Queen.  The Barber will keep them neat and trimmed while any Muschamps..err, mishaps will be handled by the Lawyer. 

Don't you have amberlamps to chase??
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 11:16:27 AM »

It's not my day with the scanner.  Thank you very much.  In fact I have the whole weekend off.

Now, if I happen to pass by a bad wreck......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 02:43:54 PM »

Thank you for giving me a reason to post the best thing to come out of amberlamps...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 08:46:23 AM »
Thank you for giving me a reason to post the best thing to come out of amberlamps...

Holy shit!  Laughing so hard am crying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 12:22:06 PM »
Holy shit!  Laughing so hard am crying.

Man he leakin
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 05:14:53 PM »

Now we have The Dean (CB Jamel Dean)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs