No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: New 2015 Look
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 10:40:38 AM »
I will just leave this here.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Providence-transfer-Harris-commits-to-Auburn-37298862

Not sure what I think about this kind of stuff.  Transfer from NC State to Providence.  From Providence to AU.

It's almost like "travel ball" these days it seems.  Kids bounce from one team to the next. 

"Get off my porch" but it seems like the sport as a whole has lost its identity completely. We cheer for a uniform and that's about it.  The players have become interchangeable nondescript pieces.  I miss the days when players and programs were identified with each other. 

Everybody knows where Barkley went to school.  And Jordan.  And Magic. And Bird. 

Wouldn't be the same if Jordan had enrolled at NC, transferred to UConn, transferred to Kansas and then ended up at UCLA. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 03:53:45 PM »
Not sure what I think about this kind of stuff.  Transfer from NC State to Providence.  From Providence to AU.

It's almost like "travel ball" these days it seems.  Kids bounce from one team to the next. 

"Get off my porch" but it seems like the sport as a whole has lost its identity completely. We cheer for a uniform and that's about it.  The players have become interchangeable nondescript pieces.  I miss the days when players and programs were identified with each other. 

Everybody knows where Barkley went to school.  And Jordan.  And Magic. And Bird. 

Wouldn't be the same if Jordan had enrolled at NC, transferred to UConn, transferred to Kansas and then ended up at UCLA.

I agree but it seems Pearl is trying to put his version of the Auburn team together. AU had a pretty dang good cruiten class too. I do like the household name type player that sticks to one school. The thing is Auburn hasn't had that in such a long that I just want them to keep the momentum going from last season regardless the name on the jersey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 10:03:11 PM »
Don't know what the beef is where Auburn is concerned.  It's not like we're recruiting 5 star freshmen who leave after one year.  We've had plenty of chances to get to know K.T. Harrell....Malcolm Canada...Machmud Shim Sham Vereen etc.  It's just that until Pearl made them all somewhat competitive, no one gave a shit.

Right now, Pearl is getting guys in who can win and jump start this program. Only happen by cleaning the slate and signing guys who can put AU on the map.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 10:17:08 PM »
No beef here. I'm just glad is getting some competitive ball players. That is solely because Pearl and his staff working their asses off, along with Pearls name. 2015, Auburn basketball will look much different. You add the kids left over that can compete along with this kid from Providence (Harris) along with Purifoy, Reed and Spencer, you have have a totally the 2015 new look. I can't freaking wait.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 01:56:08 AM »
I honestly wasn't talking specifically about Auburn in my complaint.  I was really referring to the sport as a whole. 

The "rent-a-player" success at Kentucky, the one-and-done rule, the free transfer allowances, has (in my old ass opinion) reduced all of college basketball to little more than the AAU circuit albeit with so-called college ties. 

We cheer for the uni.  So do Kentucky fans and all the rest. 

I'm not complaining that we're going to start playing by the same rules that make other programs competitive, I just don't like the direction the game has gone over the years.   It's really no longer a collegiate sport -- and football isn't far behind. 

We're losing what made it great in the unhealthy pursuit of wins and dollars. 

Bama fans love to talk about how great Bahr Bryunt wuz and how he's the all tahm greaterest coarch ever in history.  But if the rules of today existed when that grizzled bastard was coaching?  They would have fired his ass in 1970.  He went two straight years with losing SEC records, finished last in the league in 69 and 70 and had barely been .500 in '68. Mizzou blew them out in the Gator in 68. Lost three of the last four (including giving up 49 to Auburn) in 69.  Destroyed by USC, shut out by the Vols and lost a second straight to Auburn in 1970.  He was 15 years into his tenure there, had "three" national titles but all were disputed. Finished first in the SEC just twice in 15 years. Hadn't been in the top 25 in two years. Fuck you, drunk old houndstooth, you got to go!

Hell, he might have never made it to 1970.  His first three teams finished no better than third in the SEC.  They might have made the change then. 

But things were different.  They didn't.  And the motherfucker cheated his ass on back to the top.  The next ten years were the worst decade of my life.  They won 8 SEC titles.  They opened a nine-year string on us. They claimed some national titles (none really legit besides 1979, but they don't accept that).  Never would have happened in today's climate. 

Anyway, I'm on medicine and rambling.  So there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 11:34:38 AM »
Well at least you are on medicine...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 11:34:42 AM »
Well at least you are on medicine...
1 down 2 to go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions