Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Police Lives Don't Matter

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Police Lives Don't Matter
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2016, 04:21:26 PM »
You want to protest those evil police and firefighters?  From foxynewsdot I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

PHOENIX –  Phoenix police and firefighters braved bullets and flames as they responded to a shooting and house fire that left five family members dead Tuesday, including the gunman, authorities said.

The shooter fired at officers who donned breathing gear to go into the burning home to help the victims, and some firefighters battling the blaze stood on the roof as flames gushed out, venting the home to reduce heat and improve visibility inside. Three officers were treated for smoke inhalation.

Four people killed in the morning violence were adults, and a girl, whose age was not known, later died at a hospital, police Sgt. Trent Crump said. He said police shot the gunman.

Crump declined to release names or specify the relationships of the people involved, but he said they were a family of five and that the shooter was the brother or son of the victims.

A 911 caller in the home begged for help, describing the shooting as a domestic situation. The first officers on scene went into the house because they felt they had to act quickly, Crump said.

"You have people that need you to come and rescue them and you now have not only a fire, but somebody who's also firing a gun in there," the sergeant said.

Authorities pulled two victims from the home in a cul-de-sac, then a tactical team stormed in 45 minutes later when the gunfire stopped and shot the gunman, he said.

The shooter had set the house on fire, which crews extinguished after it flared up for a second time, fire Capt. Reda Riddle-Bigler said. Officials found the other victims when the flames were out.

Investigators would now "begin the painstaking process inside that home" to determine exactly what happened, Crump said.

Tiffany Taylor, who lives down the block, said emergency lights and sirens woke her up at 4:30 a.m.

She went outside, heard two popping noises, saw 15 police vehicles speed toward the house, heard more popping and smelled smoke, she said. An officer told her to go back inside.

Taylor said a woman who lived in the home was friendly and they chatted when they ran into each other.

"Every single time we walked by, she spoke to us," said Taylor, who didn't recall the woman's name.

Taylor said the woman had a daughter who dressed as an angel last Halloween.

"She was wearing all white. I told her how beautiful she was," she said.

Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton was at the scene after crews tamped down the fire.

"This is what heroes look like," he said of police and firefighters. "Their professionalism and their heroism under the worst possible conditions has truly blown me away."
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 04:23:31 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2016, 03:45:22 PM »
foxynewsdot I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.. 

A sheriff’s deputy was killed and two others were injured Wednesday in a shootout shortly after serving an eviction notice in a rural area about 45 miles southwest of Denver, Colorado.

A suspect, who was not immediately identified, was killed in the gunfire, Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Jacki Kelley told the Denver Post. It was unclear if a deputy shot the suspect or if he shot himself.

The notice was served at around 9:30 a.m. local time. The three deputies approached the home when the suspect fired a rifle at them.

A 12-year member of the sheriff's office was pronounced dead at the scene, KDVR.com reported and the injured deputies were taken to St. Anthony Hospital in Lakewood.

The injured deputies were identifed as an 11-year veteran who suffered life-threatening injuries and the other was a 21-year veteran. He suffered nonlife-threatening injures.

The incident occurred in the Park County mountain town of Bailey. Law enforcement officers are investigating the property with the assistance of a bomb squad that was dispatched out of an "abundance of caution."

"It's a dark day," Susan Medina, a police spokeswoman said.

Park County is a smaller, largely rural county and sometimes gets assistance from larger outside agencies. Neither the circumstances of the shooting nor the conditions of the wounded deputies were immediately clear.

The picturesque town is where a gunman took several girls hostage in a high school classroom a decade ago, killing one of them before himself. Duane Morrison, a 53-year-old drifter, held the girls for nearly four hours and sexually assaulted them in September 2006.

He fatally shot 16-year-old Emily Keyes and then killed himself as SWAT team members stormed the classroom at Platte Canyon High School.

One cafe owner in town told the Post that the town in typically quiet. "I usually hear horses making noise and livestock," he said. "Certainly not gunshots other than people doing target practice."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2016, 03:12:01 PM »
foxynewsdot I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.. 

A sheriff’s deputy was killed and two others were injured Wednesday in a shootout shortly after serving an eviction notice in a rural area about 45 miles southwest of Denver, Colorado.

A suspect, who was not immediately identified, was killed in the gunfire, Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Jacki Kelley told the Denver Post. It was unclear if a deputy shot the suspect or if he shot himself.

The notice was served at around 9:30 a.m. local time. The three deputies approached the home when the suspect fired a rifle at them.

By a whacked out "occupy whatever" nutjob.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2016, 08:59:21 PM »
GAINESVILLE, Fla. –  An off-duty Jacksonville sheriff's detective was taking his son to school when he was shot and critically wounded by a 19-year-old man who told his girlfriend minutes earlier that it was "going to be his last day on Earth," police said Wednesday.

The plainclothes narcotics detective chose to stop Kevin Rojas' white Cadillac after seeing it driving erratically, Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Chief Tom Hackney said. Rojas had just threatened his girlfriend with a gun and fired shots in their house before taking off in his car.

"It was bad luck that the officer encounters him immediately after this," he said.

The detective, who is not being identified because he works undercover, was wearing a "body armor" style vest when he stopped Rojas' car, Hackney said. He was taking his son to school, then continuing on to work. The word "police" was marked clearly on the vest.

Rojas immediately opened fire, Hackney said, hitting the detective in the head, upper body and hand. Thedetective was in critical but stable condition and alert at a hospital.

The detective returned fire, but missed.

Rojas ran away from the shooting scene and stole a large flatbed truck from a nearby business, Hackney said.

The detective, whose 14-year-old son was in the car but unharmed, managed to call for help.

With the help of a bystander, officers located the truck and pursued it into a nearby neighborhood, where it crashed into a house. Rojas ran through the house to the back, and two officers found him holding a gun. They ordered him to drop it, Hackney said, and when he didn't, Rojas was shot four times. He survived and is still in the hospital.

The officers who fired the shots that struck Rojas are on administrative leave.

The gun used by Rojas was legally purchased by one of his roommates, who told police she bought it because of his erratic behavior in recent weeks, Hackney said. Police said he had a minor previous arrest record.

Rojas' mother Amy Wyss told detectives and WJXT-TV that her son was not a violent man.

"This is not him," she said in a television interview. "I'm sorry the officer was shot. From the bottom of my heart, I'm sorry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2016, 12:12:50 AM »
The gun used by Rojas was legally purchased by one of his roommates, who told police she bought it because of his erratic behavior in recent weeks, Hackney said. Police said he had a minor previous arrest record.

I love how they throw this in there. Libs see this and say, "See. Legal guns are the problem".

Except HE did not legally purchase it. Therefore the gun WAS STOLEN. and the majority of STOLEN guns ARE purchased legally.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2016, 09:49:41 AM »
foxnewsdot I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

A Maryland police officer was killed Sunday afternoon and two people were in custody after what authorities called an "unprovoked attack."

Prince George's County Police Officer Jacai Colson, 28, was pronounced dead after being taken to Prince George's Hospital Center.

Gunfire erupted at around 4:30 p.m. local time in Landover, a suburb about 10 miles northeast of downtown Washington, D.C. Prince George's County Police Chief Hank Stawinski told a press conference that the initial gunfire prompted several officers to return fire at the alleged shooter, who was wounded but was expected to survive.

"Those officers did not shrink. They bravely advanced and engaged this individual," Stawinski said.

Stawinski said a second man was believed to have been present with the suspected shooter when the shots erupted, but fled and was later arrested.

"It wasn't about anything. This man launched an attack on a police station," Stawinski told WTVR. "Officers weren't in the process of apprehending him or engaging him in any way. They were going about their business on a Sunday afternoon, at their home, when they were attacked."

Immediately after the shooting, police advised residents near the police station to stay inside, and others to avoid the area, because of an "active shooter" situation. They later lifted the "shelter in place" advice in a message on Twitter soon after the second suspect was apprehended.

WTTG reported that Colson was ambushed by the suspect, who walked up and opened fire without warning. Colson was working as an undercover narcotics officer at the time of his death, though Stawinski said that had no relation to his shooting.

Prince George's County State's Attorney Angela Alsobrooks called the shooting an "act of cowardice" and a "horrific act of evil." She promised an aggressive investigation and prosecution of the suspects, whose names were not immediately released.

"This is a crime against this entire community and we will treat it as such," Alsobrooks said. "His life was precious."

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan said in a statement Sunday night he was "shocked and saddened" over the officer's killing.

"It is my hope that his proud legacy of commitment and passion for law enforcement and serving others will provide some comfort in the difficult days that lie ahead," he said.

The Washington Post reported that one woman near the site grabbed her sleeping, 14-month old baby from his play pen when she heard what she thought might be either firecrackers or gunshots. The woman told the newspaper she looked outside and saw a man dressed in black firing a handgun.

"He fired one shot, and then he started pacing back and forth, then fired another shot," said Lascelles Grant, who then watched police officers pour out of the station. "Just looking outside, I'm like, 'Oh my God, look at all these police officers running out, putting their lives really in danger.'"

The FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives have begun assisting local police in the investigation, spokesmen for the two federal agencies said. They said the Prince George's County Police remained the lead investigating agency.

Dave Fitz, spokesman for the FBI in Maryland, told the AP that the FBI "reached out and offered support" and sent a couple of special agents to assist. He had no further details.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2016, 08:23:32 AM »
news@foxydot I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

Three Chicago police officers investigating suspected drug dealing on the city's west side were shot and wounded Monday night before their attacker was killed.

Chicago Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi posted on Twitter that none of the officers' injuries were life-threatening.

The spokesman told the Associated Press that five police officers observed a man and a woman acting suspiciously and decided to investigate further. When they announced their presence, the man ran into a gangway between two buildings and opened fire. Guglielmi said the gunman injured three officers before being fatally injured by an officer's return fire.

The dead suspect's identity was not immediately available. Guglielmi said the woman was arrested after a chase and was being questioned in connection with the shooting.

Fox 32 Chicago reported that one of the injured officers was shot in the foot while a second officer was shot in the back. The Chicago Tribune reported that the third officer was shot in the chest, but may have been wearing a bulletproof vest.

Neither suspect was identified by authorities, who added a gun used by the dead suspect was recovered at the scene.

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Interim Police Superintendent John Escalante visited the officers and their families at the hospital.

Emanuel said in a statement the shooting was a reminder "of the dangers that our police face, and the bravery that they routinely display as three of our officers were shot in line of duty. The thoughts and prayers of our entire city are with the officers and their families during this difficult time."

The shooting comes a day after authorities say an undercover narcotics officer in Maryland was mortally wounded by one of his colleagues as he responded to an attack on his police station by a gunman.

A woman who lived on the same block where the shooting occurred told the Chicago Sun-Times that she heard approximately 15 gunshots. She told the paper that she saw three ambulances leaving the scene amid a strong police presence.

"It was a sea of blue lights," she said.

Talking to reporters after visiting the officers, Escalante thanked the Illinois State Police for closing an expressway to allow the wounded officers quick transport to the hospital. Dozens of police officers met the ambulances at the hospital.

"I want to thank Chicago Fire Department paramedics for their quick response in getting our officers here safely," he said. "Again, a thanks to the staff here at county hospital for taking care of our injured officers."

Police said in a statement that the city's Independent Police Review Authorities will investigate. The officers involved will be put on standard administrative duties for 30 days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #127 on: March 18, 2016, 04:56:49 PM »
#foxy

A South Carolina police chief says an officer was shot and killed as he attempted to serve a warrant and a suspect later killed himself.

Greenville Police Chief Ken Miller said several officers were trying to serve a warrant on a man identified as a self-admitted gang member around 12:30 p.m. on Friday. Miller told a news conference that the suspect saw the officers, ran from them and opened fire, hitting one of them multiple times.

Miller said the officer, whose identity hasn't been released pending notification of family, was pronounced dead at Greenville Memorial Hospital.

According to Miller, the suspect called his mother before he shot and killed himself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #128 on: April 10, 2016, 10:12:29 PM »
An Ohio police officer was in critical condition Sunday, hours after he was allegedly shot by an accused arsonist while the officer was serving a warrant, authorities said.

The suspected gunman, Lincoln Rutledge, allegedly opened fire on SWAT officers who were serving a felony arrest warrant around 3 a.m. Sunday morning, officials told FOX28.

SWAT officers came under fire when they attempted to move near to the suspect’s apartment with an armored vehicle. That’s when the unnamed officer was hit. That Columbus Police Officer was described only as a veteran officer who was well-liked and respected.

“Our officer is in very critical condition,” Police Chief Kim Jacobs said. “We won’t know what happens to him for some time at this point in time. We do need everyone to pray for him.”

A fire erupted at Rutledge’s apartment complex during the standoff, displacing six families, The Red Cross said. The 44-year-old Rutledge finally gave up around 7:15 a.m. after a loud bang was heard inside the apartment that police say was part of a strategy to end the standoff.

Rutledge, who was wanted in connection with a fire at a home on Saturday, was eventually arrested after a standoff. He’s been charged with attempted murder for the shooting of the police officer. Rutledge was treated for smoke inhalation and an apparent gunshot wound.

Jacobs said the SWAT team was present because of what she called "erratic behavior" by the suspect and because police knew he had access to guns.

She said it was difficult to explain why the suspect decided to open fire, but emphasized it's a dangerous time for police.

"There are some very desperate people out there, very dangerous people out there," Jacobs said. "Sometimes they choose to go out in a certain way and-or take us on in a certain way."

The Associated Press contributed to this report
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2016, 08:30:37 AM »
Firefighter Lives Don't Matter

One firefighter was killed and another firefighter was in serious condition Friday night after being shot while making a welfare check at a Maryland home, officials said.

Prince George’s County Police Department spokeswoman Julie Parker identified the deceased fireman as John Ulmshneider, 39. She said Ulmshneider was a 13-year veteran of the department.

Department officials said in a statement that volunteer firefighter Kevin Swain also was shot, and was in serious condition.

Swain suffered multiple wounds to the body and was flown by helicopter to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore, Prince County George’s County Fire and EMS spokesman said, according to WTTG-TV.

Prince George’s County Police Chief Henry P. Stawinski III said at a news conference that firefighters and police had gone to the Temple Hills home after being called by a person concerned the individual inside might be suffering from a medical condition.

When the firefighters arrived at the house, the person inside was unresponsive. The firefighters decided to force their way inside and were met with gunfire. A person inside fired several rounds, striking two firefighters and the person who had initially made the call for a welfare check.

Stawinski said that once officers got into the home, the gunfire stopped. He said no officers fired weapons.

"Will it ever end? God, I hope so," Stawinski said.

Deputy Fire Chief Benjamin Barksdale said earlier Friday that both firefighters were both critically injured, and one was flown to a trauma center.

The civilian was not seriously injured, according to the police chief.

The person who was inside the home was in custody and cooperating with police, Stawinski said.

The identity of the person inside the home was not immediately available.

"The main thing that we ask for the men and women of Prince George's County are your prayers, your thoughts," said Prince George's County Executive Rushern Baker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2016, 10:04:54 AM »
foxynewsdot I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

A Phoenix police officer was in extremely critical condition Thursday morning after a shooting that left a burglary suspect dead.

Police Chief Joe Yahner didn't release the officer's name but said he's "a good man," about 35 years old and is a 12-year department veteran with a wife and two small children. 

Yahner said the officer is "fighting for his life."

My heart remains hopeful, my prayers are with my brother in blue, his wife and his family. His Police family remains strong. Please pray.
— James Holmes (@PPDPIOJames) May 19, 2016
Police said the incident occurred Wednesday afternoon after a Laveen homeowner called to say his son allegedly was stealing guns from him.

"About six officers made their approach, where they contacted the suspect who was seated in a vehicle in the driveway," Sgt. Vincent Lewis told 12News.

At some point, an exchange of gunfire erupted.

"During the exchange the suspect was struck and, as you know, one of our officers was struck," Lewis said.

Police said the suspect was declared dead at the scene.

The police officer was taken by ambulance to St. Joseph's Medical Center.

The name and age of the dead suspect hasn't been released yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2016, 04:09:20 PM »
foxynewsdot I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

A Phoenix police officer was in extremely critical condition Thursday morning after a shooting that left a burglary suspect dead.

Police Chief Joe Yahner didn't release the officer's name but said he's "a good man," about 35 years old and is a 12-year department veteran with a wife and two small children. 

Yahner said the officer is "fighting for his life."

My heart remains hopeful, my prayers are with my brother in blue, his wife and his family. His Police family remains strong. Please pray.
— James Holmes (@PPDPIOJames) May 19, 2016
Police said the incident occurred Wednesday afternoon after a Laveen homeowner called to say his son allegedly was stealing guns from him.

"About six officers made their approach, where they contacted the suspect who was seated in a vehicle in the driveway," Sgt. Vincent Lewis told 12News.

At some point, an exchange of gunfire erupted.

"During the exchange the suspect was struck and, as you know, one of our officers was struck," Lewis said.

Police said the suspect was declared dead at the scene.

The police officer was taken by ambulance to St. Joseph's Medical Center.

The name and age of the dead suspect hasn't been released yet.

This story will end with parent who called 911 on their son sobbing on the local news saying they called police to help their kid, not murder him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2016, 04:14:02 PM »
This story will end with parent who called 911 on their son sobbing on the local news saying they called police to help their kid, not murder him.

And the media will hype it that way and the sheep  people will continue to believe it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2016, 10:14:36 AM »

A police officer was shot in a central Massachusetts town overnight Sunday and sources said the officer later died, Fox 25 Boston reported.

The shooter is on the loose, the station reported.

Massachusetts State Police said the Auburn police officer was shot at about 12:30 a.m. Sunday. Auburn is about 45 miles southwest of Boston.

The officer was rushed to UMass Medical Center in Worcester, WGGB/WSHM-TV reported.

The officer's identity was not immediately available.

Investigators believe the officer was driving in a cruiser and collecting ballistic evidence when the shooting took place, WMUR-TV reported.

The shooter fled the scene in a vehicle and police were looking for him, the station reported.

Auburn Police are assisting State Police in the investigation.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2016, 05:01:38 PM »
Nice to know they are looking for him. With all of the specific details given in this report pertaining to the suspect, surely he'll be apprehended soon. Or she. Or, transgendered. No offense to any gender intended.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2016, 07:36:02 PM »
Damn thugs.

http://fortressamerica.gawker.com/a-history-of-thugs-1666707613

I hope the perp gets instant justice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #136 on: June 02, 2016, 09:42:05 AM »
Routine traffic stop.  foxy dot I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

A gunman suspected of shooting and wounding two Northern California police was holed up in a burning house early Thursday and in an armed standoff with law officers, authorities said.

The officers from the Fremont Police Department were shot Wednesday afternoon after a traffic stop turned violent, prompting a manhunt that involved a house to house search that lasted well into the night.

The lone suspect was eventually tracked down to a home in the San Francisco Bay-area community of Fremont, where he was involved in the standoff, said Sgt. Ray Kelly of the Alameda County Sheriff's office.

"We have one shooter that shot our officers," Kelly told The Associated Press. "He's inside and we're negotiating for him for him to surrender. We're actively engaged in that process right now."

Witnesses heard eight to nine loud bangs early Thursday, which were believed to be from flash bombs.

He said no one was home when the suspect broke in and barricaded himself inside. No one else has been injured since the police shootings, but the roof of the house where the suspect is believed to be is on fire. It is not clear what started the blaze, but firefighters are currently at the scene dousing the home with water.

The incident started when an officer with a year's service with the department stopped a white pickup truck in Fremont, which is about 40 miles south of San Francisco, police spokeswoman Geneva Bosques said.

The pickup truck backed up into the officer's patrol car, a person in the truck fired shots that injured the officer and the shooter and another suspect fled on foot.

Shortly after that officers from several law enforcement agencies flooded the area and searching got underway.

A while later, a Fremont police officer with about 10 years of service with the department was wounded in a shootout with the suspect, officials said.

Bosques told the East Bay Times that the officer in the initial shooting was in critical condition after surgery. The second officer remained in stable condition.

Investigators had ordered residents of the blue-collar neighborhood to remain in their homes and to call police about anything suspicious. Police helicopters were deployed and police dogs used in searching yard-by-yard and door-to-door.

Kelly said residents of the neighborhood can breathe easier now that the shooting suspect has been confined to one site.

"This is obviously a very dangerous individual. He has already showed a propensity for violence and a willingness to hurt two police officers," Kelly said.

He said the others were with the suspect when the shooting erupted, but just the single gunman was accused in the violence.

Kelly said the Alameda County Sheriff's Department has taken over tactical command of the scene while Fremont deals with its two fallen officers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #137 on: June 05, 2016, 08:25:21 AM »
#uknowthedot I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

Tennessee authorities said early Sunday that a police officer died after being struck by a vehicle following a shooting in downtown Memphis that left three wounded.

Memphis Police Department Director Mike Rallings said during a news conference that Officer Verdell Smith was pronounced from his injuries at 10:45 p.m. Saturday.

Smith, 46, was an 18-year veteran of the police force. He’s survived by a father, fiancé, son and two daughters.

"This highlights the dangers officers face every day," Rallings said.

Police said two people were in critical condition after being shot near a Westy’s restaurant at about 10:00 p.m. They said the suspect ran into a Bass Pro Pyramid and shot a male employee. The condition of the employee wasn’t immediately known.

Martin Norris and Jake Schorr IV, two Westy’s employees, told the Memphis Commercial Appeal that a man was talking loudly to himself, walked up to two customers who were sat at a picnic table in front of the restaurant and shot them.

Police said the suspect fled in a vehicle and struck Smith.

The unidentified suspect was arrested.

Memphis Mayor Jim Strickland urged the city in a statement to pray for Smith and his family.

"I am angry this morning -- angry at the senseless loss of a dedicated public servant, and angry at the absolutely unacceptable level of violence in our city," Strickland said. "We must not accept this as our norm. I most certainly will not, and I will continue to act to make our city safer."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2016, 10:02:48 AM »
Fox News

Five Dallas police officers were killed and seven wounded by a sniper who "wanted to kill white people" during an anti-police brutality protest Thursday, an explosion of violence that President Obama declared a “vicious, calculated and despicable attack on law enforcement.”

An unidentified gunman negotiated with police from inside a parking garage into the early morning hours, telling police he was angered over racially charged shootings and wanted to kill white people, police said. He was killed when police sent a robot in to detonate a bomb he had, police said.

Police and federal authorities were working to determine whether more people were involved in what was the nation's deadliest day for police since 9/11.

"We're hurting," said Dallas Police Chief David Brown in a Friday morning news conference. "Our profession is hurting. Dallas officers are hurting. We are heartbroken. There are no words to describe the atrocity that occurred to our city. All I know is this must stop, this divisiveness between our police and our citizens."

The protest was one of several around the country, prompted by police shootings of black men in Louisiana and Minnesota. Brown said the dead suspect told authorities he was angry about police shootings.

"He said he was upset at white people," Brown said. "He said he wanted to kill white people, especially white police officers."

Initial reports said there was more than one sniper, but at the news conference, Brown indicated the dead suspect may have been the sole gunman. Although he told police he was "not affiliated" with anyone else, three others were being held.

Dallas police respond after shots were fired during a protest over recent fatal shootings by police in Louisiana and Minnesota, Thursday, July 7, 2016, in Dallas. Snipers opened fire on police officers during protests; several officers were killed, police said.

The sniper is believed to have fired from a downtown parking garage. 

A woman was taken into custody near the garage and two men reportedly seen packing a camouflage bag into a Mercedes before speeding from the scene were apprehended and detained, the mayor said.

A Dallas police source estimated to Fox News that at least 60 rounds were fired over a "large kill zone." The source added that the shooting would have required considerable planning.

The suspect was killed when police sent a robot into the El Centro Community College parking garage to detonate the bomb after negotiations went nowhere, Brown said, refuting earlier reports that the man killed himself. Before he died, he had claimed that explosives had been set around the city, and much of downtown Dallas was locked down while police searched before determining there were no bombs.

"It's a heartbreaking moment for the city of Dallas," Mayor Mike Rawlings said. "I ask that everybody focus on one thing right now, and that is Dallas police officers, their families, those that are deceased [and] those that are in the hospital fighting for their lives."

Obama, speaking from a NATO summit in Poland, said America is “horrified” over the shootings and asked all Americans to pray for the fallen officers and their families. He renewed his calls for more gun control.

“There’s no possible justification for these kinds of attacks or any violence against law enforcement,” Obama said, hours after a pre-attack speech in which he cited two racially charged police shootings earlier in the week and called for an end to bias in law enforcement.

One of the cops killed was identified as Dallas Area Rapid Transit Police Officer Brent Thompson, 43. The others were picked off as they stood guard during the protest.

Three other DART officers were wounded, but they are expected to recover, Lyons said. As many as three city police officers reportedly were in critical condition.

Witness Carlos Harris told the Dallas Morning News the gunfire was "strategic. It was tap-tap-pause. Tap-tap-pause."

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott released a statement saying he has directed the Texas Department of Public Safety director to offer "whatever assistance the City of Dallas needs at this time."

"In times like this we must remember -- and emphasize -- the importance of uniting as Americans," Abbott said.

The protesters had gathered after a Minnesota officer on Wednesday fatally shot Philando Castile while he was in a car with a woman and a child in a St. Paul suburb. The aftermath of the shooting was purportedly livestreamed in a widely shared Facebook video.

A day earlier, Alton Sterling was shot in Louisiana after being pinned to the pavement by two white officers. That, too, was captured on a cellphone video.

Other protests across the U.S. on Thursday were peaceful. In midtown Manhattan, protesters first gathered in Union Square Park. In Minnesota, where Castile was shot, hundreds of protesters marched in the rain from a vigil to the governor's official residence. Protesters also marched in Atlanta, Chicago and Philadelphia.

Anti-police protests have roiled the nation in each of the last two summers following controversial police shootings, including the 2014 shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., and last April's death of Fraddie Gray while in custody of Baltimore police.

A Department of Justice investigation cleared the police officer who shot Brown, and, of the six Baltimore police officers charged in Gray's death, two have been acquitted, one's case was declared a mistrial and three more face trial.

The attack made Thursday the deadliest day for law officers since Sept. 11, 2001, when 72 officers died, according to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2016, 09:10:30 AM »
fox newz

A suburban St. Louis police officer was in critical condition late Friday after he was shot in the neck in what investigators described as an "ambush" following a traffic stop.

Ballwin Police Chief Kevin Scott said the unidentified officer was walking to his car after the initial conversation with the motorist he stopped for speeding Friday morning when that driver "advanced quickly" on him from behind, firing at least three shots.

The officer "had no chance at all" to pull his handgun and "was completely helpless," Scott said, noting the encounter was recorded by the police car's dashcam.

"Make no mistake: We believe during this investigation that Ballwin officer was ambushed, period," St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said.

Scott said the officer was in critical but stable condition, and "fightning for his life" at a hospital in Creve Coeur, west of St. Louis.

After the shooting, Belmar said, the suspect sped away before an officer from another police department spotted the car about 4 miles away. The suspect abandoned his vehicle and fled on foot before being arrested about five minutes later, Belmar said.

Antonio Taylor, a 31-year-old black man who was paroled in 2015 after serving time on a federal weapons charge, was charged with assault of a police officer, armed criminal action and a felon in possession of a firearm, St. Louis County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch said Friday.

McCulloch said there's no evidence of any dispute between Taylor and the white officer, a nine-year veteran before the gunfire. Scott said he "can't even begin to speculate" about a motive, including whether the shooting had racial overtones.

The shooting followed the previous night's attack in Dallas that killed five officers and wounded seven during a protest over the deaths of black men killed by police this week in Louisiana and Minnesota.

Citing his concern about the shooting and the Dallas tragedy, Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon opted against leaving Friday for an eight-day overseas trade mission as planned and instead would return to Missouri from a Philadelphia event, spokeswoman Channing Grate said.

The shootings of officers in Ballwin, Dallas, Tennessee and Georgia in a 24-hour period prompted police agencies regionally and elsewhere in the U.S. to take precautionary safety measures. Earlier Friday, St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson said his city's law officers will work in pairs until further notice because of the Dallas killings, and that all officers must wear bullet-resistant vests when on duty outside of police stations.

Belmar said his department has gone to 12-hour days now through the weekend, given the national debate about policing and minorities.

"It's an unfortunate state of events we're dealing with right now," he said. "I do understand the silent majority out there supports us."

Taylor is being held on $500,000 cash bond and is expected to be arraigned on the felony charges Monday morning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions