Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Projected NCAA Baseball tourney seedings

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Projected NCAA Baseball tourney seedings
« on: May 06, 2015, 07:28:48 PM »
D1baseball.com has us as the #2 seed in the Tallahassee regional.

http://www.d1baseball.com/analysis/field-of-64-projections-week-13/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Projected NCAA Baseball tourney seedings
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 07:59:27 PM »
D1baseball.com has us as the #2 seed in the Tallahassee regional.

http://www.d1baseball.com/analysis/field-of-64-projections-week-13/

Is it just me?  Yeah it is, because I'm here by myself right now.  But if Auburn or Bama make a regional, is a trip to the Hassee' not a given?  I know it makes sense travel-wise, and I guess that's how it will always be unless we kick ass and wind up top 10. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 08:25:19 PM »
We've been there so many times that we should get our rooms comped at the Tallahassee Hilton.

If this projection pans out, I like our chances though. It is a very winnable regional for us.

Looking through the pairings, I would thank 8 pound 6 ounce baby Jesus that we're not in the Gainesville regional. That thing is murder!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 12:18:28 PM »
THis person saying same thing.

AUBURN, Ala. | NCAA Regional bids won't be announced until May 25, but No. 23 Auburn can take another big step toward wrapping up its first bid in five years with a series win over Alabama this weekend.

The Tigers have won seven of their last nine conference games to improve to 32-17 overall and 12-12 in the SEC. Auburn is up to No. 15 in the RPI.

"Auburn is pretty safely in at this point, but if I'm the Tigers, I want to go 3-3 the final six games, and take care of Morehead State at home," said Kendall Rogers, the national editor of D1Baseball. "Do that, and I think AU is in the tournament no matter what happens in Hoover."

Auburn closes out the regular season with three games against Alabama this weekend, a single game against Morehead State Tuesday and a three-game series at Florida beginning next Thursday. The SEC Tournament in Hoover begins May 19.

Rogers currently projects Auburn as the No. 2 seed at the Tallahassee Regional. The Tigers have played in a Regional six times and a Super Regional once at Florida State, winning Regionals in 1976 and 97.

Auburn is one of nine SEC teams currently projected by Rogers to receive a Regional bid. LSU, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt and Florida are all projected as No. 1 seeds and Regional hosts, Arkansas is projected as a No. 2 seed, and Missouri, Ole Miss and Kentucky as No. 3 seeds.

Rogers said it's unlikely Auburn could move up high enough host a Regional.

"Not going to happen, in my opinion," he said. "The Tigers are sixth in the pecking order in the league right now, and I'd have Arkansas ahead of the Tigers, too. With that said, that doesn't mean this team hasn't had a great season thus far -- it has. It's a big step forward."
- See more at: https://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1764063#sthash.lnsmslTO.dpuf
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 01:41:13 PM »
I would think that if we take 2 of 3 from bammer, 2 of 3 from UF and make a little run in the SEC tourney there might be a chance we could host. 

EDIT: Of course we would need FSU to help us out with that by dropping a few.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 01:42:45 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 03:23:33 PM »
THis person saying same thing.
Do any of you guys know when the NCAA Regional bids will be announced?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 03:45:59 PM »

They're waiting until the Conference tournaments are over.  Auburn beat Missouri today.  I feel good about the ladies hosting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 03:46:45 PM »
Sometime around the 25th.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions