Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Boxing is dead

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Boxing is dead
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2015, 04:05:06 PM »
Gerry Cooney could've whipped them all.

Have you not read the rules on racism here?  I suggest you do. Mods, delete this post please.  And spike his warn meter, Centurion...very roughly.

Oh, and throw him to the floor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2015, 04:35:40 PM »
Gerry Cooney could've whipped them all.

I agree, he would face punch their fist till they were sore. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2015, 07:11:17 PM »
Have you not read the rules on racism here?  I suggest you do. Mods, delete this post please.  And spike his warn meter, Centurion...very roughly.

Oh, and throw him to the floor.
I'll not be widdiculed by the common soldierwy. I want this man fighting wabid wild animals by sunown.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2015, 10:56:05 PM »
I'll not be widdiculed by the common soldierwy. I want this man fighting wabid wild animals by sunown.

He has a wife, you know. You know what she's called? She's called... 'Incontinentia'... Incontinentia Buttocks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2015, 12:59:35 AM »
What about Rocky Marciano?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2015, 07:34:42 AM »
We will welease Wocky Marciano!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2015, 09:45:53 AM »
What's so funny about Biggus Dickus?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2015, 09:51:17 AM »
What's so funny about Biggus Dickus?

I have a vewy gweat fwiend in Wome called Biggus Dickus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2015, 09:21:03 AM »

Oh there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2015, 10:24:58 AM »
Mannys shoulder injury was legit. Surgery needed. Out for a while. Fuck you Floyd. You fought a dude with a fucked up shoulder and still looked like shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2015, 10:37:36 AM »
Mannys shoulder injury was legit. Surgery needed. Out for a while. Fuck you Floyd. You fought a dude with a fucked up shoulder and still looked like shit.

Fuck manny.

Should have backed out instead of fucking over all the people who paid for that farce.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2015, 01:18:53 PM »
Fuck manny.

Should have backed out instead of fucking over all the people who paid for that farce.

No reason. He got his $100M and it didn't matter. The backlash would have been worse if he would have pulled out. Until they start putting most of the money in for winning the fight, this won't stop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2015, 01:37:24 PM »
Fuck manny.

Actually fuck both of them.  They should have fought five years ago. 

I have watched boxing since I was a little boy.  My dad would watch all the great middleweights, Duran, Hearns, Haggler, Leonard and then came along guys like James Toney, Roy Jones Jr, Bernard Hopkins, Calzaghe. 

The Chavez, Whitaker, De La Hoya fights were awesome.  So were they Tyson, Holyfield, Foreman, Bowe days.   I love boxing.  To the casual boxing fan it hasn't been good since those days, but to someone who watches more boxing than they do any other sport there has been good boxing, but it has all been middleweight and below.   There hasn't been any action in the Heavyweights since the early 2000's really.  The Klitschko's have all but dominated other than a stint where Lennox Lewis had the belts.  No big guys, no one watches. 

I'm just glad all the casual boxing fans can go back to not acting like they care about boxing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2015, 02:30:31 PM »

I have watched boxing since I was a little boy.  My dad would watch all the great middleweights, Duran, Hearns, Haggler, Leonard and then came along guys like James Toney, Roy Jones Jr, Bernard Hopkins, Calzaghe. 

The Chavez, Whitaker, De La Hoya fights were awesome.  So were they Tyson, Holyfield, Foreman, Bowe days.   I love boxing.  To the casual boxing fan it hasn't been good since those days, but to someone who watches more boxing than they do any other sport there has been good boxing, but it has all been middleweight and below.   There hasn't been any action in the Heavyweights since the early 2000's really.  The Klitschko's have all but dominated other than a stint where Lennox Lewis had the belts.  No big guys, no one watches. 

I'm just glad all the casual boxing fans can go back to not acting like they care about boxing.

Let me casually say, lick me.   :tongue:

But srsly, I used to be right there witcha' which is why I mentioned one of the greatest periods of boxing, in my book anyway.  Leonard, Hearns, Hagler, Benitez, Duran....  Yeah, the round 1 war between Hearns and Hagler that WE posted was something you don't see much of in any fight.  But those guys during that time genuinely didn't like each other and they showed up to give the fans what they paid for. 

As for Tyson, just not sure where to put the guy in the overall picture of heavyweights history.  I tend to think he doesn't rate very high.  No doubt, the guy was "Must watch TV", especially in his early career.  Black trunks, black shoes, no socks....bell rings and he moves forward and throws every single punch with the intent of knocking his opponent in the 5th row. Never been seen before to that extent. But honestly, the heavyweight division was horrible back then and they basically lined up a dozen or so tomato cans for Tyson to destroy.  As soon as he and Cus split and the competition level picked up, he became less of this indestructible machine with each passing year. 

Oh, anyone who follows boxing even a little bit knows who Teddy Atlas is.  Check out this little tidbit from teh Wiki's.  (Which means it must be true.   :thumsup:)

Teddy Atlas trained as an amateur boxer with Hall of Fame trainer Cus D'Amato. He had some amateur fights but had to turn to training due to a back injury. Atlas was an assistant to D'Amato, although his role in the Catskill Boxing Club was short-lived. His duties included assisting in the training of D'Amato's teenage protégé Mike Tyson. However, Atlas left the camp in 1981 following an altercation with the 15 year old Tyson after Tyson had been sexually inappropriate with a 12 year old female relative of Atlas's (Tyson said he had grabbed the girl's buttocks). Atlas put a .38 caliber handgun to Tyson's ear and told him to never touch his family again or he would kill him if he did.[3] This altercation between Atlas and a young Mike Tyson led to Atlas' dismissal from the Catskill Boxing Club and he was told he was no longer welcome in D'Amato's home or around any of his adopted children (his fighters whom he had legally adopted, Tyson included).   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2015, 02:31:05 PM »

I casually care about boxing.  I care when it's compelling and at least has some small hint of fairness.  I care when the fighters and the fights are entertaining.  I care about the science of it. 

Watching Floyd duck and dodge until Manny slowed down (which Leonard was also known for) was disappointing.  I was disappointed in how the fight was officiated when it finally came about.  Floyd plays defense and throws a punch or two here and there.  He shouldn't have been allowed to stop every assault with a hug.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Token

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2015, 12:25:48 AM »
I casually care about boxing.  I care when it's compelling and at least has some small hint of fairness.  I care when the fighters and the fights are entertaining.  I care about the science of it. 

Watching Floyd duck and dodge until Manny slowed down (which Leonard was also known for) was disappointing.  I was disappointed in how the fight was officiated when it finally came about.  Floyd plays defense and throws a punch or two here and there.  He shouldn't have been allowed to stop every assault with a hug.

Broner / Maidana fight was a great one. Those smaller guys will swap licks. Just have to find the good fights.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2015, 12:27:17 AM »
And for the record, that's how Mayweather fights every fight. There wasn't any way in hell i was paying for it, I knew exactly what would happen. Mayweather plays defense and thats it. That's what he's done for the better part of his career. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2015, 01:21:02 AM »
And for the record, that's how Mayweather fights every fight. There wasn't any way in hell i was paying for it, I knew exactly what would happen. Mayweather plays defense and thats it. That's what he's done for the better part of his career.

Exactly why nobody should have paid for this fight. Mayweather is lil punk boxer afraid to get dirty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2015, 11:07:24 AM »
Exactly why nobody should have paid for this fight. Mayweather is lil punk boxer afraid to get dirty.

i understand and agree...out of the ring, mayweather is a punk.

in the ring, i can't knock his boxing style as being a punk and/or afraid.  he boxes his fight rather fight the fight.  the dude is a fine boxer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2015, 04:46:06 PM »
I'd sure like to get any of you punk ass bitches into the ring. I'd wear that ass out.

That sounds very gay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions