Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Not the Book of Eli

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Not the Book of Eli
« on: April 30, 2015, 01:53:22 AM »
Eli gets booked. This sucks. He just gave bammer some cover and a distraction on the police blotter.

Dumbass.

Auburn defensive end Elijah Daniel arrested on theft, burglary charges
on April 29, 2015 at 10:15 PM, updated April 30, 2015 at 12:47 AM

Auburn defensive end Elijah Daniel was arrested and booked Wednesday on several theft- and burglary-related charges, according to jail records.

Daniel was booked on four theft of property charges ranging from first to third degree, including two third-degree charges, and four burglary charges ranging from second to third degree. His bond totals $24,000, according to online records.

Two of the theft charges and all four burglary charges are classified as felonies.

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn is "aware of the situation" and Daniel has been suspended indefinitely.

Update (12:30 a.m., Thursday): Jail records show two other suspects were arrested on the same charges: DeNorris James and Khalil Sellers. James, a Smiths Station native, was added to Auburn's roster as a walkon in the spring but his name has since been removed. Sellers is a track athlete but is not listed on Auburn's most recent track roster.

Auburn did not immediately return messages concerning James and Sellers.

The Auburn Police Department and officials at the Lee County Detention Center did not immediately fulfill AL.com's requests for more information Wednesday night.

Daniel, a rising junior, co-led the team with 17 quarterback hurries and finished with 15 tackles, including one sack, in 2014. He worked primarily at defensive end in the spring, but added 19 pounds in the offseason and was expected to also contribute at tackle under defensive coordinator Will Muschamp.

"He's a guy that has some flexibility," Muschamp said in March.

Daniel, who played all 27 games during his first two seasons on campus, was expected to compete against DaVonte Lambert and newcomer Byron Cowart for a starting job in August. He started two games in 2014.

Daniel suffered a hamstring injury early in spring drills but was said to be OK in mid-March.

The Indianapolis native was rated a four-star prospect out of high school by 247Sports and was considered one of the nation's top 10 defensive ends by most recruiting services.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Not the Book of Eli
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 09:00:58 AM »
I swear, I was just conversing re: Cyrus the Virus and told myself, I said: "Self, don't get too hyped up over this. It can happen to us at any time."

Not that it's good with any player but this def isn't one of the top 5 positions that I feel like we can afford to lose a good player for any length of time. Yeah, Cowart may be the beast we expect but we need depth. And Daniels would've likely started.

I'm guessing a minimum of 5 games and up to getting kicked off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 09:26:08 AM »
Kids these days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 09:28:23 AM »
He was framed.  It's a witch hunt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 09:45:04 AM »
Pffft. He hasn't been on the team since the bowl game!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 09:59:45 AM »
The kind of money this kid gets paid every week from the AU athletic dept, makes this even more senseless. Gus should set up some classes to help them learn how to better manage their pay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 01:28:59 PM »
It's Bush's fault!

Damn, sorry - wrong board!

The REC set these boys up to take the spotlight off of that criminal factory over in tuscaloosa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 01:32:37 PM »
The kind of money this kid gets paid every week from the AU athletic dept, makes this even more senseless. Gus should set up some classes to help them learn how to better manage their pay.

Well, that wasn't a problem when Colonial Bank existed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 10:07:24 PM »
No surprise.  Malzahn booted Daniel Saturday.

Holy crap.  What could have possibly been going through this guy's mind to think, "Yeah, let's break into some dorm rooms and steal shit"?  The guy is a starting D-lineman on a top tier SEC team and with a good year, could put himself in line to get drafted and set himself up for a long time.  But no!!!  The lure of ripping off a couple of Seiko watches and some bad ass BOSE speakers was too much for him. 

You're a fucking dumb ass!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 11:03:26 PM »
Looks like Cowart is now in line to start.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions