friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: The long arm of the Saban...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 12:08:34 PM »
Not a surprise.  I'm 99.456% sure a settlement was made.  Civil cases are dismissed for a variety of reasons; however, the most common are settlements between the parties, which are normally confidential, or the case is tossed after a motion for summary judgment and hearing on that motion.  If they had a hearing on SJ motion, there would be an Order from the Judge stating something to the effect of "After hearing oral arguments from the parties and considering the evidence...defendant's motion for SJ is granted and case dismissed."  Public record. We would know about it.

While you won't hear about any settlement publically and it may appear that Lord Saybinz and family got away without a blemish, that's usually how it's handled and somebody paid the girl who got bitch slapped by Ms. Sabanette, a bunch of $$$.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 12:14:27 PM »
Not a surprise.  I'm 99.456% sure a settlement was made.  Civil cases are dismissed for a variety of reasons; however, the most common are settlements between the parties, which are normally confidential, or the case is tossed after a motion for summary judgment and hearing on that motion.  If they had a hearing on SJ motion, there would be an Order from the Judge stating something to the effect of "After hearing oral arguments from the parties and considering the evidence...defendant's motion for SJ is granted and case dismissed."  Public record. We would know about it.

While you won't hear about any settlement publically and it may appear that Lord Saybinz and family got away without a blemish, that's usually how it's handled and somebody paid the girl who got bitch slapped by Ms. Sabanette, a bunch of $$$.

I tend to think that the girl's daddy stepped in and said she deserved it....roh tahd..tickets for life!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 12:15:14 PM »
I tend to think that the girl's daddy stepped in and said she deserved it....roh tahd..tickets for life!

Well, it is Tuscaloosa...so there's that too.

Alabama Code 16-1-2015 was passed by the Legislature recently and has been coined the "My Daughter Started It/Deserved What She Got" bill.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 12:17:17 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 12:16:43 PM »

All over a Facebooks post.

Hypothetical here. Could you sue me for posting on here that I know for a fact that you like to make it with underage black boys? Or, that you contracted the goat herpes when you were a teenager?

Or, if I were to mention that you were caught wacking someone's willy in a theater and that you have a drug problem?

Just how does it work? Could you sue me for getting on here and telling about those incidents, if I were to?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 12:18:59 PM »

Hypothetical here. Could you sue me for posting on here that I know for a fact that you like to make it with underage black boys? Or, that you contracted the goat herpes when you were a teenager?

Or, if I were to mention that you were caught wacking someone's willy in a theater and that you have a drug problem?

Just how does it work? Could you sue me for getting on here and telling about those incidents, if I were to?

I could sue you but the one absolute defense to a claim of defamation is if the allegations you made are true.  In this case...yeah, I'd probably lose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 12:20:28 PM »

No. I would have to whip your ass and then you would have to sue me for whipping dat ass.

Or you might just pay extra for that kind of thing. It's all in legal speak. I don't have time to explain it all here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 12:44:24 PM »
No. I would have to whip your ass and then you would have to sue me for whipping dat ass.

Or you might just pay extra for that kind of thing. It's all in legal speak. I don't have time to explain it all here.
Are you trying to say you want some of my ass? Get in line.

Having a nice ass isn't as cool as some of you may think sometimes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 01:05:15 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 01:20:34 PM »
Are you trying to say you want some of my ass? Get in line.

Having a nice ass isn't as cool as some of you may think sometimes.

It is a burden. But I have lived with it this long. I can make it the rest of the way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 03:57:09 PM »
What color Mercedes does she get?!?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.