funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: The REAL Official 2015 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread
« Reply #401 on: November 02, 2015, 05:22:16 PM »
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.

Rogers Hornsby
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #402 on: November 12, 2015, 10:41:36 PM »
So, the Braves fire sale is just about complete.  Top 3 defensive SS in the game, Andrelton Simmons, to the Angels.  Freddie Freeman is really about all that remains of what Atlanta looked like 2 short years ago.  I would have said never, ever, 3 months ago. Now, I fully expect Freeman to be shipped before training camp. 

Problem is, all I see are exports.  What imports are happening to start rebuilding?  I hope somebody in that organization has some evil, sinister, master plan that will reveal itself soon.  Right now, it looks like they're saying, "F it.  Let's sell everything...lose 110 games this season while we think about it."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #403 on: November 13, 2015, 08:44:07 AM »
So, the Braves fire sale is just about complete.  Top 3 defensive SS in the game, Andrelton Simmons, to the Angels.  Freddie Freeman is really about all that remains of what Atlanta looked like 2 short years ago.  I would have said never, ever, 3 months ago. Now, I fully expect Freeman to be shipped before training camp. 

Problem is, all I see are exports.  What imports are happening to start rebuilding?  I hope somebody in that organization has some evil, sinister, master plan that will reveal itself soon.  Right now, it looks like they're saying, "F it.  Let's sell everything...lose 110 games this season while we think about it."

The new owner is hoping to move the team to Boca.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #404 on: November 13, 2015, 09:26:13 AM »
The new owner is hoping to move the team to Boca.

I've had it with this nickel and dime stuff! I'm gonna get that bitch on the phone!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #405 on: December 01, 2015, 06:11:37 PM »
David Price agrees to 7-year, $217 million deal with Red Sox.

Damn, I better not hear one Red Sox fan say shit about the Yankees from now on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #406 on: December 01, 2015, 09:26:17 PM »
David Price agrees to 7-year, $217 million deal with Red Sox.

Damn, I better not hear one Red Sox fan say shit about the Yankees from now on.

First off, the Sox have long since joined the arms race.  Second, $30 mil plus for a pitcher???  And third, a 7 year deal for ANY pitcher in baseball is lunacy.  Some will last.  Most won't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #407 on: December 09, 2015, 09:49:47 AM »
Aaaannnnd....Shelby Miller.  He gone!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #408 on: December 09, 2015, 10:10:53 AM »
First off, the Sox have long since joined the arms race.  Second, $30 mil plus for a pitcher???  And third, a 7 year deal for ANY pitcher in baseball is lunacy.  Some will last.  Most won't.

And they play every 5th game. Anywhere from 15-20% of a team's total innings. What a steal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #409 on: December 09, 2015, 11:49:14 AM »
Aaaannnnd....Shelby Miller.  He gone!

Got some quality playas for him this time around though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #410 on: December 09, 2015, 02:56:09 PM »
Got some quality playas for him this time around though.

We've traded away the entire team for 164 good prospects.  I'ma go ahead and set the over/under for losses in 2016 at 105.

I get it.  It's obvious what they're trying to do and several teams have led the way in recent years, setting the model for rebuilding.  While the Yankees and Red Sox and Dodgers of the world have been shelling out cash equal to or greater than the national debt for their rosters, teams like the Cubs and Mets, Rays and Royals have slowly built themselves from the ground up through selling off the over-priced free agents and sticking with their farm systems. 

The scary thing is knowing whether or not you made the right choices or are you going to be the Florida Marlins.  Seems like they try that every few years.  It doesn't work. They say, Fuck it.  Go buy some hired guns.  Win it all and sell everyone off again. 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 03:11:19 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #411 on: December 10, 2015, 09:59:07 AM »
We've traded away the entire team for 164 good prospects.  I'ma go ahead and set the over/under for losses in 2016 at 105.

I get it.  It's obvious what they're trying to do and several teams have led the way in recent years, setting the model for rebuilding.  While the Yankees and Red Sox and Dodgers of the world have been shelling out cash equal to or greater than the national debt for their rosters, teams like the Cubs and Mets, Rays and Royals have slowly built themselves from the ground up through selling off the over-priced free agents and sticking with their farm systems. 

The scary thing is knowing whether or not you made the right choices or are you going to be the Florida Marlins.  Seems like they try that every few years.  It doesn't work. They say, Fuck it.  Go buy some hired guns.  Win it all and sell everyone off again.

They'll end up having to give Freeman away to get rid of the $40 mil Markakis contract.  Because he's an old fucking man with no power.

Fuck Atlanta.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #412 on: December 10, 2015, 10:11:50 AM »
They'll end up having to give Freeman away to get rid of the $40 mil Markakis contract.  Because he's an old fucking man with no power.

Fuck Atlanta.

I'm with ya'.  Picking up Markakis seemed like a decent move but the contract... holy shit.  Why?  No reason to keep Freeman now.  He'll be the lone All Star caliber player without a soul to protect him at the plate. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #414 on: December 11, 2015, 03:52:50 PM »
Averages to $23 million a year.  GAWT DAMN that's a lot of money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #415 on: December 11, 2015, 03:55:35 PM »
I wondered when the cubbies would make a run with that GM. Looks like it's now.

Correction. President of baseball operations.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #416 on: December 11, 2015, 03:57:00 PM »
THIS IS NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #417 on: December 11, 2015, 04:02:47 PM »
THIS IS NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!

Technically, not for another 20 days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #418 on: December 11, 2015, 04:16:46 PM »
Cubs need to make a big splash to add another pitcher too. After that, done. No more trades or anything. They need to keep the other pieces in place and focus on kicking ass in 2016.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #419 on: December 11, 2015, 04:26:14 PM »
The Cubs make a blockbuster deal.  The Braves traded a catcher, Bethancourt, to SD for a minor league pitcher who has had Tommy John surgery and was 2-10 last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions