Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The REAL Official 2015 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread

Token

Re: The REAL Official 2015 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread
« Reply #240 on: July 03, 2015, 03:22:17 PM »
Well, the Braves keep me hanging around. Coming into the season, with the complete sell off and roster of no names and has beens, I was sure they'd be 20 games under .500 and just a notch below Sponge Bob reruns on the must watch list.  A week ago, I thought they were finally headed that way, but now that they just took 2 out of 3 from the league leading Nationals, they're 5 or 6 games out and 38-41 in a wide open division.

Now 38-41 is not exactly kicking ass.  I get it. But, this is a group of guys fighting like hell to make it.  Blame management for putting them in this situation.  They've obviously cleaned house and building for the future. And the fans will pay for it for a couple of years.  But this team is sort of fun to watch.  Different line up every night.  Guys playing their ass off to impress.  Not far from .500 and first.  They don't kill the ball.  They're pitching is far from dominant. But every night is a scrap. 

I know I keep waiting for that 12 game losing streak to destroy the season.......but at the same time, it feels like if they make a trade or two and get a couple of hot bats.......

Don't sign 36 year old Markakis to a 40 million dollar contract, I'm on board with management.  They did, he hasn't sniffed a homerun last I checked. 

Fuck them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #241 on: July 04, 2015, 10:22:04 AM »
Strange contract and even weirder he hasn't gone deep.  Been a while for me too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #242 on: July 04, 2015, 05:56:32 PM »
If the rain cooperates, I'm going over to see the Bravos tomorrow.  Anyone in particular y'all want me to heckle?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #243 on: July 05, 2015, 12:22:23 AM »
If the rain cooperates, I'm going over to see the Bravos tomorrow.  Anyone in particular y'all want me to heckle?

Mike Raita?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Token

« Reply #244 on: July 05, 2015, 04:43:12 PM »

Is it too late to be heckle Markdoubleplaykis?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #245 on: July 05, 2015, 09:36:42 PM »
Is it too late to be heckle Markdoubleplaykis?

He took care of that himself.  Good God, the Braves bullpen is horrid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #246 on: July 06, 2015, 09:29:03 AM »
He took care of that himself.  Good God, the Braves bullpen is horrid.

And that's one of the frustrating things about the sell-off.  Their overall staff was one of the better ones in the majors last year.  Hitting was down at the bottom.  So they ship the only guys that could hit and trade for a bunch of shitty bullpen arms.  BTW, Evan Gattis has 14 HR's and 50 RBI's right now for Houston. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #247 on: July 06, 2015, 09:47:41 AM »
And that's one of the frustrating things about the sell-off.  Their overall staff was one of the better ones in the majors last year.  Hitting was down at the bottom.  So they ship the only guys that could hit and trade for a bunch of shootty bullpen arms.  BTW, Evan Gattis has 14 HR's and 50 RBI's right now for Houston.

On a side note, there was an older couple sitting a few of rows in front of us that were both wearing jersey T-shirts with the number 63 on them.  Turns out they were Jake Brigham's parents.  I'm not sure if that was his first appearance for the Braves, but they were beaming and making sure everybody around knew that was their boy when he came in.  After he gave up 2 or 3 screamers that scored 3 of the Phillies' 4 runs, they weren't so interested in letting folks know who he was.  I chortled.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #248 on: July 07, 2015, 11:00:27 PM »
Don't look now, but the Cubs look to pull a sweep in their doubleheader with the Cards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #249 on: July 07, 2015, 11:35:25 PM »
On the road.  The Braves take the first two from a team that had won 8 in a row.  Now at .500 with a 42-42 record.  Over half way.  And by the way, although Nick Markdoubleplaykakis may not be what we thought we signed up for.....he's hitting right at .300 and is 5th in the National League in hits. 

The kid getting his second start, Maneul Banuelossapolopolis or whatever his name is, pitched damn good again.  He looks good.  The Cards are the class of baseball...period.  Running away with it.  But, I'm getting hooked on this rag tag bunch of Bravos. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #250 on: July 08, 2015, 09:15:55 AM »
On the road.  The Braves take the first two from a team that had won 8 in a row.  Now at .500 with a 42-42 record.  Over half way.  And by the way, although Nick Markdoubleplaykakis may not be what we thought we signed up for.....he's hitting right at .300 and is 5th in the National League in hits. 

The kid getting his second start, Maneul Banuelossapolopolis or whatever his name is, pitched damn good again.  He looks good.  The Cards are the class of baseball...period.  Running away with it.  But, I'm getting hooked on this rag tag bunch of Bravos.
After unloading in the offseason, a .500 record would be considered a win. Ive seen teams with much more talent and at the cap max with worse records.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #251 on: July 08, 2015, 11:11:37 AM »

Hell. AJ and Gomes look young again. Whouda thunk it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #252 on: July 08, 2015, 11:23:38 AM »
Hell. AJ and Gomes look young again. Whouda thunk it!

What happened with Bethancourt?  He was the supposed to be the future at catcher. The Braves site says he's not on the active roster.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #253 on: July 08, 2015, 11:28:41 AM »
What happened with Bethancourt?  He was the supposed to be the future at catcher. The Braves site says he's not on the active roster.

Can't hit. Sent back to AAA.

Brave are "looking" around at young catchers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #254 on: July 08, 2015, 04:34:55 PM »

I hear Jake Taylor has a few good years left in him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #255 on: July 08, 2015, 05:15:36 PM »
I hear Jake Taylor has a few good years left in him.

Low, and he walks the bases loaded on 12 straight pitches. How can these guys lay off pitches that close?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #256 on: July 09, 2015, 08:59:05 AM »

They should get in touch with Jared.  I'm sure he knows a few good, young catchers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #257 on: July 10, 2015, 12:29:31 PM »
They should get in touch with Jared.  I'm sure he knows a few good, young catchers.
What do you expect?  He is a pitchman, after all.......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #258 on: July 25, 2015, 02:32:10 AM »
So....the Mets aquire Uribe and Johnson from the Braves. Good I guess?

The Cubbies need to aquire another starting and closing pitcher.

This is trade deadline week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #259 on: July 25, 2015, 11:25:29 PM »
So....the Mets aquire Uribe and Johnson from the Braves. Good I guess?

The Cubbies need to aquire another starting and closing pitcher.

This is trade deadline week.

David Price's name is floating around in the Cubs camp.  That would be huge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions