Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The animosity

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
The animosity
« on: June 09, 2015, 05:35:28 PM »
Coach Dye in 1986. 

Before the game clips start, he speaks to the animosity that exists between the fans that has driven us to this hateful place we are today. 

Nobody heeded his words.  Definitely not me.  I hate them.

Also look for a Humphrey fumble on one of their scoring drives that (11:36) that was given back to their ass.  There was also an illegal pick route on their touchdown that wasn't called. Dye made mention.

Couple of shots of Kurt Crain who is no longer with us.  And Lawyer Tillman who sent his son to AU. 

Forgot about 1986.  That was ANOTHER team that should have won the NC. 

Lost to Florida 18-17 in the Kerwin Moustache game.  Gave them the ball back with like 1:30 left on a fumble and Moustachio and Ricky Nattiel made us pay. Then stumbled against a weak UGA team two weeks later.  Should have won both of those.  Turned the hoses on the damn dogs.

Funny to see the firehoses.  They make it sound like we hosed the stands.  All that was done is to run the ones off the field that broke security and were tearing up the logo.  Fuck Georgia. 

That was so typical of the Pat Dye teams, though.  Lose some fucked up game we had no business losing. 

1983. Texas at home. It was early but gave the pollsters reason to try to deny us the title.
1986: Florida/UGA Would have been tough to beat Miami though.
1988. LSU earthquake.  Would have drubbed Lou Holtz and the Irish for the title.
1989: FSU/Tennessee Should have beaten both. Would have played Miami in the Goodbye Curry Bowl.

Then there was 1985.  Started the season ranked first. Had Bo. Lost three close games. 

Eh.  I love Pat Dye.  Nevermind.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 06:09:49 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.