Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fuck Samford

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Fuck Samford
« on: March 10, 2015, 09:44:52 PM »
What is it about this team that completely befuddles us? The come in tonight and shut us out, 7-0.

The Aggies are up this weekend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: fudge Samford
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 09:48:37 PM »
The Casey Dunn factor...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Fuck Samford
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 11:22:22 AM »
I don't know who watched but they pitched a pretty good ball game against us.  The starter brought his A game with him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 11:40:14 AM »
I don't know who watched but they pitched a pretty good ball game against us.  The starter brought his A game with him.

Nobody going to "Samford" should have an A game. Thats why he is at Samford.

And even if he brought his best game, SEC talent should be able to at least score.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 11:43:01 AM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 01:01:18 PM »

Nobody going to "Samford" should have an A game. Thats why he is at Samford.

And even if he brought his best game, SEC talent should be able to at least score.

You haven't kept up with our baseball recruiting in the past several years have you?

Also, Todd Jones, Josh Willingham, Jorge Posada and Luis Gonzalez says kiss their ass.  Pretty sure if I thought about it I could come up with a couple of more MLB guys that came from small schools.   But, you're right.  I just wish someone would have told teams like UC Irvine, Cal St. Fullerton, Wichita St, and Pepperdine who were making runs to the CWS that those small schools shouldn't be able to compete against schools with elite talent. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 01:15:29 PM »
You haven't kept up with our baseball recruiting in the past several years have you?

Also, Todd Jones, Josh Willingham, Jorge Posada and Luis Gonzalez says kiss their ass.  Pretty sure if I thought about it I could come up with a couple of more MLB guys that came from small schools.   But, you're right.  I just wish someone would have told teams like UC Irvine, Cal St. Fullerton, Wichita St, and Pepperdine who were making runs to the CWS that those small schools shouldn't be able to compete against schools with elite talent.

Stony Brook hates you for leaving them out.  Srsly, good pitching beats good hitting 90% of the time.  You get someone on the mound who is spotting the ball where he wants it and keeping hitters off stride, it normally doesn't matter who he's facing.  I didn't see the game last night but I'm assuming that's the case.

I'm not expecting that much from the Tiggerz until I see how they stack up after a few SEC series.  This was the weakest pre-conference schedule in recent memory and 3 of their losses were to teams you would normally expect a good team to handle.  I look for the SEC to be it's usual dominant self again this year.  I saw one poll with 5 SEC teams in the top 10.  Don't know what their overall record is but I saw where Georgia (The asshole of the SEC Universe) took two from FSU earlier.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 02:15:53 PM »

Yeah, I don't think the SEC talent argument works as well in baseball. You could definitely field a team of JUCO's in the south that would compete for the conference. No joke. A lot of the upper echelon talent purposely goes JUCO rather than to bigger schools. A lot of the time, my understanding is that they get full rides at JUCO and bigger schools are trying to divvy for players.

It wouldn't seem to be the case but most programs are spending money on their money maker, which is foosball.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 01:46:14 PM »
Yeah, I don't think the SEC talent argument works as well in baseball. You could definitely field a team of JUCO's in the south that would compete for the conference. No joke. A lot of the upper echelon talent purposely goes JUCO rather than to bigger schools. A lot of the time, my understanding is that they get full rides at JUCO and bigger schools are trying to divvy for players.

It wouldn't seem to be the case but most programs are spending money on their money maker, which is foosball.

It is an odd thing with baseball. We are going through that recruiting process now and there are many reasons why a kid goes to JUCO for baseball. Unlike football, it rarely has anything to do with grades. Playing time, money, some kids are looking to be drafted earlier. Baseball is a whole nuther world out there. And the kids that are really good, well they get drafted out of high school. But you ave a lot of smaller schools full of really good baseball players. to get a scholly, you have to be seen at just the right time. And that is tough to do. its all about exposure.

And you are correct, there are a good many JUCOs that can hang with DIV I schools.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.