Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Keith Stone

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Keith Stone
« on: February 24, 2015, 02:36:19 PM »
Read a big article on the Keystone Pipeline and how the bill is going to the Pres., which everyone expects him to veto.  I was trying to figure out what his opposition to it would be and came across this quote from a USA Today op-ed.

"The allure of appeasing environmental extremists may be too powerful for the president to ignore. But the president is sadly mistaken if he thinks vetoing this bill will end this fight," they wrote. "Far from it. We are just getting started."

What am I missing here?  Would he really veto this because of environmentalists hollering too loud?  Are there other issues with the pipeline I don't know about? Anyone follow this...or even care?  I care.  Says so on the sign.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Keith Stone
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 02:47:33 PM »
I think that is some of it, but some of it is to stick to the republicans. All those shitheads up there want to do is fuck with each other which in turn fucks over the America people. If the pubs were against the pipeline he would be for it.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 05:17:53 PM »
It will be damn good for bidness if they would pass this fucking thing...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 05:36:59 PM »
It will be damn good for bidness if they would pass this fucking thing...

It would be the only way he could claim the government helped create jobs. By getting the hell out of the way!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 09:04:55 PM »
The environmental wackos have been DOGGING his ass since the reelection - he promised them he would kill it and he hasn't. They are pissed off and he is going to have to veto this to appease them, even tho the vast majority of Americans and most of Congress are in favor of it. Mary Landrieu lost her Louisiana Senate seat because she couldn't get the bill pushed through Congress - that's a good thing, but I digress.

He has nothing to lose, but the Dims in certain states impacted by the pipeline do.

Fuck the greenies, BTW. Once they are built, the pipelines actually can be beneficial to their immediate environment. In all this "climate change" animals actually hang out near the pipelines because the oil flowing through is warm. It's like a big warm spot for the animals to hang out. Fertility and birth rates for some endangered species the greenies claimed would be harmed by the pipelines are actually increasing because the animals get all warm and... frisky...

The jobs created and the long term impact on our ability to tell foreign oil to piss off makes this a big win win situation. But this asshole in the White House has fucktards to appease, so he will veto. And hopefully more Dims will pay the price in November like Landrieu did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 10:02:50 AM »
The environmental wackos have been DOGGING his ass since the reelection - he promised them he would kill it and he hasn't. They are pissed off and he is going to have to veto this to appease them, even tho the vast majority of Americans and most of Congress are in favor of it. Mary Landrieu lost her Louisiana Senate seat because she couldn't get the bill pushed through Congress - that's a good thing, but I digress.

He has nothing to lose, but the Dims in certain states impacted by the pipeline do.

Fuck the greenies, BTW. Once they are built, the pipelines actually can be beneficial to their immediate environment. In all this "climate change" animals actually hang out near the pipelines because the oil flowing through is warm. It's like a big warm spot for the animals to hang out. Fertility and birth rates for some endangered species the greenies claimed would be harmed by the pipelines are actually increasing because the animals get all warm and... frisky...

The jobs created and the long term impact on our ability to tell foreign oil to piss off makes this a big win win situation. But this asshole in the White House has fucktards to appease, so he will veto. And hopefully more Dims will pay the price in November like Landrieu did.

Pfffft....that makes too much sense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 09:54:26 PM »

Pfffft....that makes too much sense.

I can only lead you to the gas pump.  Can't make you press the handle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 12:44:42 PM »
I can only lead you to the gas pump.  Can't make you press the handle.
I have trouble believing this.  Heard you can make people do some crazy things...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

Tiger Wench

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 04:50:49 PM »
I have trouble believing this.  Heard you can make people do some crazy things...

To paraphrase some writer chick...

"...rumors of my 'creativity' when it comes to bed games with the opposite sex do exist. I started them myself and managed them very carefully. The trick with rumors is to feed them once in a while, so they don't die.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 08:53:45 AM »
Fertility and birth rates for some endangered species the greenies claimed would be harmed by the pipelines are actually increasing because the animals get all warm and... frisky...

So you're saying after the artificial pipeline is built, there is still some natural laying of pipe?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 10:05:50 AM »
So you're saying after the artificial pipeline is built, there is still some natural laying of pipe?

Dn with the early morning hustle, folks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions