Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tigers getting ready for The Draft

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Tigers getting ready for The Draft
« on: February 16, 2015, 11:12:15 AM »
My thoughts on Auburn players eligible for draft/signing this year. Reply with yours.

Guys I think have a shot in the first two rounds:
Sammie Coates - WR: Burner with height and ability to jump and fight for jump balls. Drops some but that can be corrected. If he shows good route running in pro day and such, he could wind up at end of 1st round which would be good as he'd be on a decent team (unless they trade out, I suppose).
Reese Dismukes - C/OL:A little undersized but starting for four years in the SEC means something. The bad snap at aTm is a blip on an otherwise solid career. Good player that could play for years if he stays healthy.

Rounds 3-5:
Cameron Artis-Payne - RB:Someone is going to get a steal with this dude. While everyone salivates on T.J. Flip Yeldon and some of the other second-level backs (Gurley and Gordon are studs, no doubt), CAP is waiting for a chance. If he winds up on a good team to be the #2, don't be surprised if he supplants the incumbent in a couple years. Or he could be buried on a depth chart. RB in the NFL is such a weird position these days.
Nick Marshall - DB: Again, maybe a little raw but in three days of practice, he turned on the DB switch and looked good at Senior Bowl. Needs to put on a little weight but could develop into a decent player on the next level.
Gabe Wright - DT: Would be best if paired with a solid #1DT on a 4-3 base line.

Rounds 6 and beyond:
CJ Uzomah - TE: TE is such a need position and at times, dude was versatile. He might be a good sleeper late in the draft. Put him opposite Gronk in NE and tell me they couldn't make stuff happen? And what's more, he probably won't be killing folks on the weekend.
Jonathan Mincy - DB: Needs to rehab his image but could be a roster spot if he shows well at workouts.
Corey Grant - RB:Could be a dangerous returner and burner option like Sproiles is in Philly. Won't be shocked if he's a UFA but I think he can make a roster as a role player. Again, RB in the NFL is so weird.

Meh, I don't know, maybe?:
Robinson Therezie - DB
Forrest Hill - LS
Angelo Blackson - DT
Patrick Miller - OL
Jeffrey Whitaker - DT
LaDarious Owens - DE
Chad Slade - OL
Quan Bray - WR: Probably could catch on in Canada and make his way back to the league.
Brandon Fulse - TE
Trovon Reed - DB: Will it ever be his year?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Tigers getting ready for The Draft
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 04:31:27 PM »
My thoughts on Auburn players eligible for draft/signing this year. Reply with yours.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 08:02:09 PM »

Guys I think have a shot in the first two rounds:
Sammie Coates - WR: Burner with height and ability to jump and fight for jump balls. Drops some but that can be corrected.
Unless you call a 2.75" vertical this, I must disagree. This is the one area that I found lacking more than any others. But, I do agree that he should go in the first two. Hope the key drops don't hurt him because he is a good player. He's got to get more physical on jump balls though, imo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 08:29:00 PM »
Grant got shafted by not getting an invite. Prob wins the 40 contest if there - prize is a new Porsche.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 10:52:38 PM »
Sammie Coates - 2nd/3rd
Cameron Artis-Payne - 2nd/3rd
Gabe Wright - 3rd/4th
Reese Dismukes - 3rd/4th
Nick Marshall - 4th/5th
CJ Uzomah - 4th/5th
Corey Grant - 5th/6th
Angelo Blackson - 6th/7th
Jermaine Whitehead - 6th/7th
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs